eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

komokwa
Community Member

Re: Attaching photo to an eBay message

in reply to angelgreen8749

angelgreen8749 wrote:

for the buyer - go to email sent from a buy or anyone, - and instead of 'responding' the orange button - look up a ways, and find the 'REPLY" button  between teh ARCHIVE and FORWARD tabs - and it opens up to 'reply' to their message and attach photos. you can send up to 5 photos, and/or 5MG -   and note from ebay says "Remember, when you upload your photos:

• Your photos will be stored and shared on eBay servers, and can be viewed by eBay Customer Support representatives.
  • All uploaded photos must comply with eBay's image and text policies."

But the buyer cannot initiate this, it has to be in 'reply' to someone else's message.  I don't know how the seller attaches a picture, but it does show up under the text and it can be saved to the desktop - on my computer that's how it worked. 

Nice info.........but you just replied to a post from the fall of 2012 !!!!!!!!

Read the thread before jumping in........and notice the dates

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Please use plain text.
angelgreen8749
Community Member

in reply to marciastanek

for the buyer - go to email sent from a buy or anyone, - and instead of 'responding' the orange button - look up a ways, and find the 'REPLY" button  between teh ARCHIVE and FORWARD tabs - and it opens up to 'reply' to their message and attach photos. you can send up to 5 photos, and/or 5MG -   and note from ebay says "Remember, when you upload your photos:

• Your photos will be stored and shared on eBay servers, and can be viewed by eBay Customer Support representatives.
  • All uploaded photos must comply with eBay's image and text policies."

But the buyer cannot initiate this, it has to be in 'reply' to someone else's message.  I don't know how the seller attaches a picture, but it does show up under the text and it can be saved to the desktop - on my computer that's how it worked. 

Please use plain text.
hidy-hoo
Community Member

in reply to smcmiata

Uh, oh ~ Wait until tomorrow and check again ~ eBay has been flooded with glitches this past week and a half ~ options and features disappearing, reappearing ~ shipping options changing, etc.

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!  winking fire flame photo: smile flame smiley_fire.gif

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to mintrobmint

As of today, there is no "Add photo" button or option when responding to a seller's response to my case in the resolution center.

Please use plain text.
mintrobmint
Community Member

in reply to mybid4u-1969
It's all good....this thread is over a year old. Last year the photo option was added to the messages between buyer/sellers....on the PC version. The day of this thread, there was a glitch...but it works great now.
Just now..(a year later)...the eBay mobile app has caught up to the feature.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to marciastanek
More Info to Clarification to my Comments above.

--- I am a BUYER ONLY & don't know how it applies to a Seller.

--- Before this latest update to my Mobile App I could not attach any photos to my Messages/Reply's. To do so I would need to go to my Laptop & the Full eBay Website.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to marciastanek
Yes on my iPhone 4S but not until I updated to the latest Version 3.3.0 (I think that's the number. I can add to a New Msg that I have Not received a Msg from, or a Reply that I had received a Msg from a Seller.

In either case you must scroll to the very bottom of the Msg Box. There you will see a Camera Icon with a "+" sign inside of it. Click on that and you will get Three Buttons:
Take a Photo (takes you to ur Camera)
Choose a Photo (takes u to ur Photos)
Cancel

That shud do it. This new capability (with this latest App Update I just added today) may also depend on the type of phone you have and may or may not work on a PC or laptop as I have not tried it as yet. Maybe others can answer these new questions.

Hope this helps!

NOW My BIG Question now is:

If I use this capability and select "Choose Photo " will:
--- ALL MY Photos be available on eBay to copy/ use?

--- The Photos I SELECT be available on eBay to copy/ use?

--- NONE of my Photos wud be available on eBay to copy/ use?

Help Please!!!!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to marciastanek

I came here looking for answers, but:

There sure is a lot of chatter about “Attaching photo to an eBay message” but no one seems to have any viable answers.

I have had potential buyers send me photos through eBay messaging but I have never been successful sending anything attached to an eBay message rather or not the intended recipient had sent me an eBay message.

Yesterday I received an eBay message with a picture in it.  The picture wasn’t an attachment like with a regular email, it was just there with the text.  Below the picture it said  “Do these photos violate eBay policies? Let us know”  I clicked on it hoping to get some information but it automatically filed some sort of...

Thinking I may have gotten him in trouble with eBay I let him know what I had done.  He said I didn’t cause any problem and went on to say:  “In the first paragraph of the policy, it plainly states that I can't send photos that I didn't create. Also, under "What are the Guidelines" ? ALLOWED, Photos and text you created yourself. So there isn't any problem. Also, they are related to the items I questioned you about.

I have been unable to find any policy about sending pictures or about anything else.

Please use plain text.
taadaa58
Community Member

in reply to marciastanek

You cannot attach a picture to an eBay message, it accepts text only. If the buyer used PayPal their eMail addy is in the "Details" about the transaction and you can with that.

Hope this helps!

honda you can now send pics with ebay messages.I had a buyer send me a pic with him and his toddler 2 days ago. It has to have been after they have sent you a message already and you respond.You can't send one from the first message you send to a seller,but once they respond back there is now a way to upload up to 5 pics.Not sure when this was added,but it's relatively new.

If you want to see send me a message from anyone of my items I have for sale.When I respond back I will add a pic to show you.

Glitch,Glitch,Glitch!!!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to marciastanek

I should have said potential buyer, as I didn't have her email address.  I did ask for her email when I was unsuccessful with the new photo attaching process, but she never responded to the request.  I was trying to answer a question she had that I only felt comfortable answering by comparing the auction item to another in a photo.  No way was I going to put that photo in the listing and have someone assume they were bidding on both items.  Tink, thanks for sharing your experience:  Maybe it was just a 10/11 glitch.  I'll assume that's the case, but thank you taadaa for your kind offer.  The item sold for the opening bid to someone else, so I'm left wondering if I could have had a bidding war if the glitch hadn't occurred!   

Please use plain text.
hondamedic
Community Member

in reply to marciastanek

I was trying to communicate with my buyer:  Alas, it didn't work.

You cannot attach a picture to an eBay message, it accepts text only. If the buyer used PayPal their eMail addy is in the "Details" about the transaction and you can with that.

Hope this helps!

BBL: Blocked Bidder List... BIN: Buy It Now... BO: Best Offer... BR: Bid Retraction... DC: Delivery Confirmation

DSR: Detailed Seller Rating FB: Feedback FRB: Flat Rate Box FVF: Final Value Fee IPR: Immediate Payment Required

NARU: Not A Registered User OP: Original Poster OT: Off Topic PM: Priority Mail.... PS: Power Seller....

SNAD: Significantly Not As Described...... TRS: Top Rated Seller...... UIA: Unpaid Item Assistant..... UID: Unpaid Item Dispute
Please use plain text.
kansas_gal06
Community Member

in reply to marciastanek

I was able to send pictures a few days ago. It was really a time-saver and I was glad to see it there.

Maybe it flits in & out.

Please use plain text.
tinkurbel
Community Member

in reply to marciastanek

I was able to send pictures yesterday but not today.  Guess they still haven't worked out the bugs.

Happy 10-11-12 everyone

ps Thanks TaaDaa and 2M2M for sticking up for me.   You guys rock

Please use plain text.
taadaa58
Community Member

in reply to marciastanek

If you want try to send me something and I'll let you know what comes through.Just pick any one of my listings.Do you want me to try to you also?

Glitch,Glitch,Glitch!!!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to marciastanek

I was trying to communicate with my buyer:  Alas, it didn't work.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to marciastanek

my guess is this only works if you are communicating with your buyer but not with everyone.

I saw attaching pix button with one of my buyer but I couldn't find the same button when I was trying to do it with the other seller.

Please use plain text.
taadaa58
Community Member

in reply to marciastanek

I just had one of the best laughs in weeks. 2m I googled Dido. I only know that as a singer,but knew you meant something else.

I'll give you one guess what word came up under 3 diff search engines and it wasn't Dido!!  :^O:^O:^O

marcia I never would have know that's what you meant either if my buyer had not sent the pic.I haven't tried to send one,but it looks simple enough.

That's the first time in all my sales anyone has ever sent a pic of the item they bought from me to thank me.It made my day. :-D

Glitch,Glitch,Glitch!!!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to marciastanek

Thanks, taadaa:  At least it worked for someone today!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to marciastanek

Oooooh, my bad... I'll tell the Dido to put the peaches away. :smileysurprised:

Please use plain text.
taadaa58
Community Member

in reply to marciastanek

I think she means the message system 2m. I saw today for the first time a buyer who had bought a Halloween costume for his baby sent me a pic wearing it.Made my day,,was so cute,,,but then I wondered how he sent me a pic like that.When I responded to him I saw we can now add pic to messages.Not wuse when they added it,but a good thing to have now.

Glitch,Glitch,Glitch!!!
Please use plain text.