cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FedEx ship label scam through eBay

I finally looked at my last eBay invoice to see what FedEx has been charging me for the final/actual cost of their shipping labels after reading posts that the "estimated" shipping label cost that you see when you generate the label is not the true cost. 

Wow, what a shock!! 80% of the FedEx shipping labels that I had printed through eBay were WAY higher than the "estimated" cost that I had been given when I printed the label. FedEx/eBay said that 2 of our packages weighed 15 lbs each when in actuality... one of those packages weighed 8 lbs and the other package weighed 9 lbs. We've never sent out a package that weighed anywhere near 15 lbs. Then, FedEx tacks on "fuel charges" and other crazy miscellaneous charges. WHAT A SCAM!! And when we contacted eBay about it, they basically said, "It's not our issue. Call FedEx". And you guessed it... when we called FedEx about these HUGE over-charges, they said, "You printed the ship label out through eBay. It's their problem". Argh!!! What a complete SCAM!!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: FedEx ship label scam through eBay

Does FedEx use dimensional freight figuring for their shipping charges now?  That might be the cause of it, some larger boxes get charged more because of their size, whether they are heavy or not.  UPS and USPS are both doing that now, and I would not be surprised if FedEx is too.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

We are seeing this issue now too and it has nothing to do with dimensions.  We have shipped items for ten years and are very careful to weigh and measure every package and input rounded up weights and widest dimensions.  I was really good about checking the invoices early on, but didn't see problems back then and haven't been checking for the past 6 months. I noticed yesterday that a small package that was quoted to cost $12.34 was billed at $30.97!!!  I checked 5 more of the most recent packages and of the 6 total, three had higher prices.  I'm going back now through the past 90 days, although I am very concerned about getting the same run around.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I recently ran into this issue. I purchased a FedEx shipping label via Ebay. I measured and weighed my package and the quoted price was about $7. I purchased the label, but noticed my account I had on file was not charged. A month later, I get an invoice stating there's a $12 FedEx shipping fee! I called Ebay and got in contact with a live representative surprisingly within 5 minutes. I explained the issue and he said they would put in a dispute with FedEx and give me back the difference ($5) since I should not have been charged $12. So...that being said, I don't know for sure if this is Ebay or FedEx problem...or they could both be in on it. I'm not a huge seller, so my case may have been a small amount, but I'm sure there are plenty of other sellers getting ripped off with these shipping fees.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

The same thing just happened to me. I paid $14 to ship a package through FedEx but $34 was deducted from my account.  Looking at the "Shipment Details" page I am astounded by the individual charges!  There are 'Residental and Fuel Surcharges' as well as a 'Misc Amount' (💸whatever that could possibly be 💸).  And No eBay Discount was applied either. Also, when I add up all the individual charges, the total is $8 less than what was taken out of my account.  Needless to say, my next Google Search is eBay's phone number.

Thank you to everyone who posted on this topic,  y'all have been very helpful.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply