cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay sales Dropped Why so Slow?

Picking up on a thread that was recently closed down pertaining to Slow eBay Sales.  I have been selling on eBay for years and have noticed a dramatic decrease in sales.  I sell mainly winter gear and normally have several sales in Sept at least that is how it has been since 2009.  This year nothing...  I am in the process now of clearing out my remaining inventory here on eBay.  Hopefully they can turn it around as many small sellers are also buyers.  I buy on eBay when I sell on eBay.  When I don't sell on eBay on don't buy on eBay.  Am sure this is the same for many small to mid size sellers.  

What are the rest of you seeing on your end as small to mid size sellers?

Message 1 of 125
latest reply
124 REPLIES 124

Re: Ebay sales Dropped Why so Slow?

I'm the same as you, my sales are down  over 40% and my inventory is up more then 30% more then in 2015.  I can't figure it out

Message 106 of 125
latest reply

Sorry I don't know where to begin.
Ok, first lose the all CAP description.

Not sure what the prices change with relist is all about.

List the players and the year.
Scan cards separately,front and
back.

Prices seem high also, but I
can't tell what the cards are.

I hope you take this as being
helpful not hateful

Good Luck!

@ark

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 107 of 125
latest reply

arkansascycleworld wrote:

I'm the same as you, my sales are down  over 40% and my inventory is up more then 30% more then in 2015.  I can't figure it out

... ArkansasCycleWorld - ... looks as tho You've had some movement in these days post-Christmas, imo don't change a thing ...

... it appears that a Good amount of Your listings are ATV/UTV and from Salvage, my end is new stuff wholesale to retail yet my sales are about doa with exception to small items that sell for less than $10 shipped ... I've spent the past few weeks sifting thru listings from other Sellers, and I'm buying odds and ends for my Inventory along with goods for my own projects, at pricing well below my own actual Dealer Costs ... many are just listing items well below cost with free shipping just to clear shelves ... ecellent time to buy, terrible time to sell particularly when others are doin' it for peanuts ...

... I'm not one to give advice, other than Hang In There ...

Message 108 of 125
latest reply

lostnfound101 wrote:

... I'm not one to give advice, other than Hang In There ...

... @arkansascycleworld -

... ACW, looks I need to back-peddle with my statement as to giving advice, cuz here' some advice for Ya-

... List More Rims Man ..!!.. lol ...

... I don't mean to be nosie yet I watched Yer completed listings for a bit, and all I can say is Congrats ... also, You're getting Great google exposure as well, I did a test search with one of Yer listings, that being the "front shock springs Yamaha Timberwolf" ... here's the google results -

https://www.google.com/search?q=front+shock+springs+yamaha+timberwolf&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

... You're right up there at the top of the results, and Your item pic is shown as well with the block of images ... Ya do have some competitors listings showing as well, yet imo I wouldn't ditch those caps, cuz the competition is using it too, and fwiw those caps are a stand-out on that results page ... again, that's an imo yet if we look into that results page we'll see whad I mean ...

... as to why we've been seeing a few Good Sales days followed with nuthin' ..??.. all I can figure, is that some Folks are plain strapped for coin and others are just apprehensive ... we're in a "secondary vehicle" type of Market as well, and imo when Folks are tight They'll tend to the necessities first ... that's an imo, yet with my own Sales being tanked it rather depicts the situation well here ... lol ...

... some of those Cards are moving for Ya too, yet fwiw and as another imo, I myself would be hittin' hard on them Quad Parts ... Ya gotta lotta Potential there for the immediate future, cuz I got the feeling that things are gonna break $oon enuff ...

... Congrats ... and if/when it gets slow again, Hang In There ...

Message 109 of 125
latest reply

... Question -

... or maybe this is rather a Prime example of the j-u-n-k that's littering some  many  most ALL of our Categories ... do a search here for "rd 350 cylinders kit for yamaha", and then read into the item description ...I don' wanna list the exact item number cuz I don' wanna get tossed in the event that such action is Not within Policy here in The Community ...

... anyhow, with that description, is that up to snuff with regards to claim of item value as per Customs ..??..

... sumpin' tells me No yet I gave up with reporting all the cloned garb (in particular) from "some" certain alleged sellers ...

Message 110 of 125
latest reply

... whups I made a bad, we need to search - 

rd 350 cylinders kit for yamaha one pair

Message 111 of 125
latest reply

Stick it with a fork this thread seems done. RIP

Message 112 of 125
latest reply

Heya Muff, I think it is because people are afraid to post. I know I am, I got a whole load of **bleep** About a mistake I made on what I thought was a post to really help people with sales.It seems that others think this public forum belongs to them actually when the thread itself was maybe 2 weeks old when the bullying started. This is really the main reason I am very reluctant to post and I am sure it is what scared others away. We were told to start our own group (I just do not get that, this is a completely public forum anyone can and should post on), it belongs to no one at all. No one except EBay has the authority to say what can and cannot be said or posted.However, I am sure this is what scared people away, which was clearly what the intent was from the start iof this thread. Really a shame because it was such an incredible help to me.

Message 113 of 125
latest reply

@mdav_ba there are some 4500 threads here on the PT Group, of which only a handful remain always active. It could be that this thread has naturally peaked out, or maybe, it has just hit a slow spell. Some threads become active again after months of dormancy. This time of year, things slow down dramatically on all threads around here.

Message 114 of 125
latest reply

Try promoting your items on other sites - like Facebook and Twitter. That always helps - send a mail out to your regular customers.
Message 115 of 125
latest reply

... hey now here's something for us all to ponder ... I ship 3) items on the date of 1/25/2017 ... ebays tracking information provided to my 3) Buyers indicates that the same 3) items have been delivered to my own mailbox on 1/25/17 and not within a typical normal transit ...

... on the same day of my shipment one of my Buyers contacts me to bring this matter to my attention ... I then head to the actual USPS database and the tracking info being shown there indicates a normal transit with this package already on it's way outta Wisconsin... I contact the Buyer to ease Their questioning of MY handling of His/Her order, and Buyer verifies the "correct" info on the USPS Site ...Buyer gets back to me to Thank Me for looking into the matter ...

... the next morning I log into my account and a case has been opned against me on behalf of one of the other 3) Buyers of this same shipment ... I check into the "case details" and I see that the case is against for "ITEM NOT RECEIVED" and it is "strongly" urged to me to "REFUND MY BUYER IN FULL" ...

... wow now doesn't this make sense ..??.. an inr case opened within less than 24 hours of the actual mailing ..??.. I call ebay to ask whad da heck is goin' on and I'm told by cs that "they'll contact my carrier" ..??..

... now today, I look into my feedbacks ... after that last matter I'm a bit on edgae as to feedbacks, yet I've NOT received any feedbacks from Buyers for the past 4 days or so ... yesterday I was at a 5.0 on Commnications and yet today I show a 4.9 ..??.. I spent 2) hours on the phone with these people, and I'm told that back in Nov of 2016 I did receive a 4.0 on com's from a Buyer ... I ask then why am I being dropped from 5.0 yesterday to a 4.9 today ... no explanation, yet I did get a nifty link that expalins various ways that  can improve my performance ..??...

... yeah hey I improved my performance alright, and removed 70) listings in the blink of an eye ... heck I don' wanna make poor ebay look all so "bad" any longer so there ...

... yesterday I carried a near perfect record, and with NO feedbacks being left to me for more than 4) days I get snubbed, with absolutely NO explanation ... I haven't been evaluated or anything to lead to this, and I get no viable answer fom code-blue ...

... hey Gang, Wish me Good Luck, I've had more than enuff... hopefully by weeks end I can pull the rest of my listings too.

... Good Luck to You All ... tread lightly, or Your spreadsheets are gonna look like ebays stock perfomance for the past year and a half ... as in dropped by 50% ...

Message 116 of 125
latest reply

... and btw No I did NOT refund my Buyer in full ... I asked Him to verify the actual info displayed at USPS and the Buyer then closed the case ...

... and even when calling cs again today 2/7/17 to mention that 3) items are still being shown as delivered back to me rather than to my Buyers there is still no attention being addressed to the matter at hand ... and I still get no answer as to why I was urged to refund in full within 24 hours of a typical 1st Class mailing ...

... ahhh yessss ... buyer "pro-tec-tion" ...

Message 117 of 125
latest reply

We have also had the same issue's here with sales dropping. We don't even get the watchers we used to as well. We have always carried baby and children items here and used to have really good sales records. I have noticed a big drop around September and it hasn't picked back up since. It has also slowed down even more since January this year and not sure why. Did you have a store here online? I'm thinking about closing our's due to paying 25 a month for it when we aren't selling. Hope all is well with you! 

Message 118 of 125
latest reply

Yes we also have very slow sales this year. It actually dropped off around Septmeber. This year so far it's been really bad. We are actually thinking of closing the online store due to this. When you list your item check under the ad for other ads. This may be helpful. I have also noticed we don't pick up watchers like we used to. Maybe Ebay isn't as big as it was. I'm not really sure but keep us all posted! Seller's keep the door to communication and maybe we can figure this all out together! Best of luck and wishes to all that read this. 

Message 119 of 125
latest reply

I feel you.

7 months since this group was formed and nothing! 

I am an advanced seller with thousands of listings and still. Slow selling in that period of time.

I create lots of Markdown Sales and I can only think of CampaignGo.com that helps me boost my sales every week.

Anyone else has any other counter strike to the hit we all get? 

Message 120 of 125
latest reply