cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay sales Dropped Why so Slow?

Picking up on a thread that was recently closed down pertaining to Slow eBay Sales.  I have been selling on eBay for years and have noticed a dramatic decrease in sales.  I sell mainly winter gear and normally have several sales in Sept at least that is how it has been since 2009.  This year nothing...  I am in the process now of clearing out my remaining inventory here on eBay.  Hopefully they can turn it around as many small sellers are also buyers.  I buy on eBay when I sell on eBay.  When I don't sell on eBay on don't buy on eBay.  Am sure this is the same for many small to mid size sellers.  

What are the rest of you seeing on your end as small to mid size sellers?

Message 1 of 125
latest reply
124 REPLIES 124

Re: Ebay sales Dropped Why so Slow?

ebay are advertising big companies over every page

massive discounts from those companies with flashing banners advertising on ebay

ebay dont need little sellers anymore

they are making the bucks of major brands and paypal tranactions

its a buyers market these days

no television advertising for the little person selling great stuff

in desperation people are trying to practically give stuff away just for a sale

in most cases those items arnt selling either

Message 76 of 125
latest reply

... wow, as of two weeks ago I thought that I had a good grasp on matters here, then I fell into a rut that bagged me maybe one sale every 3 or 4 days ... that pace continus on and it really drove down the 31 day totals, and as of today I'm about to set a new all-time low with da tallies here ...

... Jan 2015 was my absolute worse month on record for my 11 year presence here, little did I know that Jan '15's totals are gonna look good after Dec here is over ... geez even my tallies during the Crash look good now ...

... way ta go "team", hey maybe I need to opt into that seller hub with all them ivy-league highly analytical graphs n' charts so's I can better monitor this here situation ... sad part is, as we set and watch our totals plummet the same as a share of ebay, china laughs' all da way to their peoples bank ...

... no kiddin' aside, when December is done I'll in fact be at least 40% below my absolute all-time low with the monthly total here ... take my advice, and find venues other than here in the event we a Succeful cash-flow ... or the "teams" fixation with runnin' with micro-managing the Titanic-like sales here will take Ya out ...

... looks like they laid-off the wrong 2400+ Staff Members ... lol ...

Message 77 of 125
latest reply

... hey but on da Bright Side I'm still gettin' good google exposure with one of my Categories here ...

... I ain't gonna say which one it is either, or maybe the "team" will see my post and fix that for me too by months end ... lol ...

Message 78 of 125
latest reply

I have a question...The old thread had some 5000 posts, has there ever been another of any kind with so many? Does anyone know?

Message 79 of 125
latest reply

Yes, over the course of time there have been many.

They have covered a wide variety of subjects, some

eBay related, some not.

Message 80 of 125
latest reply

@superdave* wrote:

I have a question...The old thread had some 5000 posts, has there ever been another of any kind with so many? Does anyone know?

The word game has over 29,000 ( after the changeover) It's relaxing, fun and educational.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/A-Part-time-eBay-Sellers-Group/P-T-Sellers-WORDGAME-2013-all-welcome/m-...

Check the selling board, there is 5 billions of slow sales theads there. Did you learn anything from them?

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 81 of 125
latest reply

Hi, my sales have picked up over the past couple of months, but down recently...If you run a Google search for "slow eBay sales" the original "Ebay sales Dropped Why so Slow?" comes up first...If you go there then enter "slow sales" in the eBay search window both the old and new Re: threads pop up, that must be why so many are ending up here...

Message 82 of 125
latest reply

Lost I feel your pain sales are dismal for many of us I think the ship has sailed with us standing on the dock. Who would have expected a December like this it has dropped for the last few years less each year. We used to see slowdowns that would come back at some point December should have been some sort of turning point but I am not seeing it yet. My saving factor is moving products different ways as ebay isn't cutting it for me at this point. Lets hope things turn around soon.

Message 83 of 125
latest reply

... MrMuffinMan -

... the drop that I'm seein' right now, is absolutely unprecedented ... I've had a year or two where I see a significant drop with a monthly total, but this is un-real ... I get hits, watchers and yet nadda ... have thrown every trick attit that I can think of ... talk 'bout aggravating ..??.. lol ... good grief ...

... I've lost a bunch of google exposure, yet when I'm toyin' around with searches here I actually fare rather well ... the next thing I'm gonna try, is to grab the viewin' Audience by da ankles and shake 'em till the coin drops ... lol ...

... haven't a clue what's goin' on ... admittedly tho the micro-managing of the searches don't help at all ... by steering the Buyers into a gazillion refined sub-categories we're losing the spur-of-the-moment type impulse Buying imo ...

... it seems that the staff here is convinced that Buyers do not use the search bar any longer ... I say wrong-oh ... I'd imagine that this might depend upon the Category and Interests, but for a whole bunch of us I'm gonna pin-point the over-refining as a leading cause for drought ...

... then again whaddo I know I'm just a Seller with a lifelong background with what it is that I do ...

... lol ... and Yes I'm moanin' here, and Yes I feel better now ...

Message 84 of 125
latest reply

... guess I shoulda mentioned this too -

... I spent a few nights dabblin' around and scoping out my Competition, and by looking into the Competitions listings I found a different Category that some of my my Stuff applies to ... for the heck of it I tried posting a listing or two into my newly found frontier and I did score a small Sale there ...

... am getting more hits there too, sooooo, as a tip, and if we're finding choppy seas it doesn't hurt to scope out different Cats and see what happens ... that hint isn't gonna apply to All, yet it's a start ... a slow start Yes, but hey it's a start ...

Message 85 of 125
latest reply

now then, in the event that Ya's have any extra time then how's about postin' a youtube video of that sales dance that Yer doin', I gotta give dat one a try ... lol ...

... hey, for those of us wrackin' da head over the slump, there's one thing in common with most of the sold items I scored over the past week or so ... it's almost all the little stuff, as in inexpensive ... also known as 'cheap' ... can't tell anyone what ta do, but I'm gonna be listing a bunch more stuff that equates to about $10 including shipping ... no we ain' gonna get rich with that gameplan, but hey a Sale is a Sale ... kinda like, buy low and sell medium ... lol ... and for me, the lesser priced Goods are a viable option, it doesn't take a lotta coin to order it up ...

Message 86 of 125
latest reply

Hi again guys, just wanted to post my continuing experiment progress on Promotional listings (for those who sell multiples) For me, but possibly maybe the type of items I sell, it has had incredible results. I am so totally pleased. I am including the screenshot of my actual promotion graph. You will see the peaks and lulls, but geesh, on Dec 9 I got 7 sales from it!! Just a few months ago I was lucky to get 7 in one day for 2 days in a row from anywhere.

I had 304 orders for 439 items for the last 31 days, I mean that is crazy for me, also trust me I am not bragging just happy to see something that helped me some.

WithIn about 6 weeks since I started my items appeared on over 35,000 pages. 623 people clicked on one of them and the sales conversion from click to buy is a whopping 10%! UNHEARD of! (63 sales). So now, did this put more money in Ebays pocket? Well yes, but, just $2.70! That is to bring in $189 in sales to me.
I just hope maybe this might help someone else out there. Check out the graph

Message 87 of 125
latest reply

ebay has been so slow since ebay moved us from ebay.com to ebay.ca

ebay said stats showed it would be better

it is definately not   so much worse

ebay should give us the choice

we know which site is better

Message 88 of 125
latest reply

... @artonfort -

... not sure if this may help, but maybe check into message #25) on page 2) here ... there's a mention there that a switch back to U.S. is possible, maybe if Ya drop a message to MiniFreek there He may be able to steer Ya thru the steps ... He's also from Canada btw ...

... something else that I've noticed while listing a few new items ... when checking my listings (rank) on the new stuff I'm not within the first page when the search is done with best match ... in turn I wind up in the quagmire of similar listings buried in nuthingness ... so I opted for a 3) day duration on those until I can get them moving, and in this way I'll show way better when the Buyers are using "newly listed" as well as "ending soonest" ...

... may not apply to All here, yet I do Parts for the Cycles and such, and extremely very few Buyers use that ridiculous "best match" when searching ... that move to the 3) day duration puts me inna way better rank when Buyers refine to a useable format and I highly doubt that I'll use up my free insertions quota this month, not at this pace ... lol ...

... and Yes we know what the Buyers want ... but we can't convince anyone from the "team" that their ideas are tankin' the entire site and shaggin' off the Buyers via a clustermess with the search results ... we don' know anything, data-models and projections know best ... lol ...

Message 89 of 125
latest reply

Thanks for sharing!

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 90 of 125
latest reply