cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another seller is using my photos...HELP

zdollydee
Enthusiast

Another seller is using my photos for an item(s) I currently have listed. I asked the seller to remove and he said he would remove that day. When the pictures were not removed; I contacted Ebay nearly 2 weeks ago and provided proof of theft. I was told the listing would be removed within 48 hours. After 3, 30 minute phone calls and a broken promise that a supervisor would call me; the other seller's listing is still there. I do not want buyers to think that I am the one who is using someone else's images or think that I have 2 seller ID's. Not to mention that I am competing against my own pictures for sales....

...Does anyone have any ideal how I can resolve this problem.

:-x Thank you!

Message 1 of 65
latest reply
64 REPLIES 64

Re: Another seller is using my photos...HELP

This is a bit late but I recently had this very thing happen. When I asked Ebay to remove the pictures they told me they could only do it if I would fill out a form which would expose my personal email to the violator.

Because of another incident where a seller tried to order from me to leave fake negative feedback for a comment I made on his feedback (although positive feedback was given) when I purchased from him I declined to once again avail myself to yet another abusive seller.

This seller who had attempted to purchase for the sake of leaving me fake negative feed back was never removed from Ebay. He continues to have two seller accounts which sell the same thing and is a known felon in the state of Florida with a lengthy criminal record. He is on 20 years of probation for felony theft of over $100, 000.

So, if you want to expose yourself to these types of criminals- go ahead and fill out the form- I declined and let Ebay know of my reasons and my disappointment with there lack of  protection for those of us who are honest sellers.

Message 46 of 65
latest reply

@lillyscoins wrote:

This is a bit late but I recently had this very thing happen. When I asked Ebay to remove the pictures they told me they could only do it if I would fill out a form which would expose my personal email to the violator.

Because of another incident where a seller tried to order from me to leave fake negative feedback for a comment I made on his feedback (although positive feedback was given) when I purchased from him I declined to once again avail myself to yet another abusive seller.

This seller who had attempted to purchase for the sake of leaving me fake negative feed back was never removed from Ebay. He continues to have two seller accounts which sell the same thing and is a known felon in the state of Florida with a lengthy criminal record. He is on 20 years of probation for felony theft of over $100, 000.

So, if you want to expose yourself to these types of criminals- go ahead and fill out the form- I declined and let Ebay know of my reasons and my disappointment with there lack of  protection for those of us who are honest sellers.

@lillyscoins  Really, really bad idea to buy and sell on the same ID.  Open a separate ID just for buying and you will avoid receiving vindictive "payback" feedback!

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 47 of 65
latest reply

Yes, I know that now. I had only been 3 months in at the time.

But if you report with Ebay's Vero and fill out that form to get another seller to stop using your image they will share your seller ID with the violater. There is nothing you can do about it so in this case it doesn't matter. You are still exposed and they could do the same thing to you if they know your seller account and they themselves have another ebay account.

Message 48 of 65
latest reply

Yes, I know that now. I had only been 3 months in at the time.
But if you report with Ebay and fill out that form to get another seller to stop using your image they will share your seller ID with the violator. There is nothing you can do about it so in this case it doesn't matter. You are still exposed and they could do the same thing to you if they know your seller account and they themselves have another Ebay account.
Message 49 of 65
latest reply

Sorry about the repeat.

Message 50 of 65
latest reply

Anyone can use anyone's pictures on the web, unless stated otherwise, veRO , trademarked etc..
Your photos are probably being used in eBay's catalog as we speak.

Rant over, been on the chat and the summer update thing. Continue on, ignore me. 😀

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 51 of 65
latest reply

All my pictures and text is copied and even renewed every month against the ebay policy. I have complaint 4 times and ebay absolutely did nothing. I do not think that they even read these comment. When I mentioned it I had nothing but bad mouth from this fake seller. I like to hear otherwise!

Message 52 of 65
latest reply

In my listing, I state "You are bidding on (or buying) the items in the photos", that's about all to be done or add a ink mark to your sales photo . Chasing it down takes too much time.
Message 53 of 65
latest reply

Had the same issue here just yesterday. ebay would do something about it in the past, but I was told that since their recent TOS update, not any more.

I spent the time gathering all the info & reported them thru this new eBay VERO thing and guess what they said?

Directly from the email I recieved back on 5/10/19 -

"We understand that this can be a frustrating situation and although we did action these kind of infringements as a courtesy for our members prior to the 23rd of February 2019, we are no longer taking action on these kind of reports."

"Section 9 of the user agreement specifies that any intellectual property rights that you may have for the images or text used on the site is waived at the point that the content is uploaded to eBay.

I hope this clarifies and we sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.

We do wish you all the best with your future selling on eBay. 

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Regards,

Stephen C.

eBay VeRO Team"

So basically in another kick in the teeth to sellers move, we're scr3w3d again.

Just know that you're now waving your rights on ANY photo you upload to eBay, and it's now fair game for any jerk competitor who wants to just take your carefully crafted, cropped & colored photo you spent time on, and use it for themselves.

Thats okay. My watermarks will just get louder and more visible from now on.

Message 54 of 65
latest reply

NO IT'S NOT!

In a civilized society you ask permission if you want to borrow or use someone else's work. If it's the latter, one is usually compensated for the time and effort they put in.

Let's say you have perfect feedback and this seller doesn't and you photo's are associated with this seller.

It could hurt your business with people thinking you are one in the same but only using a different account.

The world your talking about, "Where people are kind and respectful doesn't exist anymore"!

Message 55 of 65
latest reply

NO IT'S NOT!

In a civilized society you ask permission if you want to borrow or use someone else's work. If it's the latter, one is usually compensated for the time and effort they put in.

Let's say you have perfect feedback and this seller doesn't and you photo's are associated with this seller.

It could hurt your business with people thinking you are one in the same but only using a different account.

The world your talking about, "Where people are kind and respectful doesn't exist anymore"!
Message 56 of 65
latest reply

There is no Share Your Content
Message 57 of 65
latest reply

Back in 2012 there could have been. I just can not remember that far back. 2012 is when the OP made the first message.

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.
Message 58 of 65
latest reply

yes, Jewelry Hub is using my photos and at the top of each listing it says "sell similar". When I spoke with customer service, I was informed that unless the pictures are trademarked, another seller is allowed to use my photos if I am in the catalog. I am so angry at eBay that I don't know what to do except look to another site to do my business. Amazon take me away.

Message 59 of 65
latest reply