I'm going back to 3 day handling and paid shipping

I'm also raising my prices

I DON'T NEED THIS ANYMORE

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/comments///1488296012.html#

Message 1 of 266
latest reply
265 REPLIES 265

Re: TRS discount going from 20% to 10% on May 1st

I agree.  What a slap in the face.  I've been selling on Ebay since 1998 and this is how they treat us?  Smart move NOT!! I guess we are helping to pay the exorbitant wages for those at the top.   Not happy...will definitely make some changes, not that Ebay cares.

Message 136 of 266
latest reply

@njrtsr wrote:

Well they shut down my thread that emphasized and explained this point...

The new TRS Discount will give you LESS than a Dollar back for every 100 Dollars you sell!

It's chasing after peanuts at this point.

unfortunately thats true

Message 137 of 266
latest reply

Please look at the particular comment I was replying to.

Message 138 of 266
latest reply

@the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth wrote:

They're removing third party ads across the platform. Sellers need to remember when they ask for something that Ebay then provides, they lose something else. This is not a charity.

You know - I really didn't mind those little ads at the bottom - my customers could then see what a deal they were getting when comparing buying the same products elsewhere like Kohls, Pennys or Sears.

Message 139 of 266
latest reply

scheaf stated, "I will also go back to just throwing my packages up on the counter and leaving and not caring if they get scanned or not."
Now, are you saying you're of the belief that taking this kind of attitude towards business doesn't have the potential to affect customers in a negative way (even if it's "just" their confidence & peace of mind in doing business with you)?
Is that what you're saying?
"I've decided I'm not old. I'm 25 plus shipping & handling!"
(I have PM disabled. Contact me via messages.)
Message 140 of 266
latest reply

That 4% increase only occurs if you fall Below Standard.

Message 141 of 266
latest reply

Lets say you've worked for a company for over 10 years, always being a loyal employee and constantly making whatever changes they push on you. You always keep the customers happy, and your bosses always tell you what a great job you're doing. They never give you a raise though. Then your pay gets cut, so you're now making $100 less a month, despite the fact that the company is making record profits. At what point would you stop caring about going above and beyond to make that company happy, and start looking for other means of employment?

That's essentially what's happening. I've been a full-time seller for over 10 years, and have been getting kicked around like the rest of you for the majority of that time. I earned that discount! I used to have 3-day shipping, although I usually shipped the next business day. I had tracking, but could have cared less if my post office scanned it. I had no return policy, but accepted returns if there was a problem, or for anyone else who asked nicely. My buyers were happy! Now I have to drive to the post office every day, even if it's a snow storm, or if I have the flu, to wait in line with my scan sheet. Mondays are hell because I have to start shipping the 2.5 days worth of items the night before and get it all out by 5:00. My returns have tripled and buyers are learning to abuse the system to get out of paying shipping. But I dealt with all this to get my discount. And now it's being cut in half??!! This is where I draw the line. I will be returning to 3-day shipping and regaining my freedom to take a day off when I need to. I will be starting carrier-pickup, because I no longer have to make 100% sure I get a scan. If you're going to get that extra $100 from me, just make it $200 and I'll accept that loss and return to doing things my way. I will still do everything I can to make my buyers happy, just as they were before you forced all those standards down my throat. This has finally went too far.

Message 142 of 266
latest reply

@gsn13579 wrote:

@fern*wood wrote:

I tagged this "blue" and got no response to my question.  So far, they have been busy locking threads, but not very busy answering any questions.  I think they are waiting for the noise to just die down. 

As always, they try to spin ebay making more money as good news for us. I don't subscribe to the trickle down theory.

I mean really,they must think we are STOOPID (sic),do they really think by cutting TRS+ discounts in half, and then telling us they are doing us a FAVOUR, giving us options and are listening to sellers,that we will buy that  carp...

Sadly, they do.  Pretty pathetic.

“It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent” ― Madeleine K. Albright

Great! 45.8% down over the same time last year with 2x+ items listed. Are you impressed? I'm certainly not!
Message 143 of 266
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

"We have received feedback from Top Rated sellers that they want more tools and options to grow their business. The changes we’re making reflect our ongoing investment in helping them do just that and to ensure the best marketplace health and competition..."

Please clarify what tools and options you are referring to that will help me grow my business.   The only "tool" I noticed concerned setting shipping rates, but I use the calculator with no problems, so this is useless for me.

How does tightening the TRS guidelines while lowering the discount help my business?

@raquel_bayarea

@fern*wood , Check the 2017 Spring Seller Update in Seller Center/Seller News for all the most recent updates. Below are a few quick references:

Seller Update Overview Pages:

http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2017spring/index.html

http://community.ebay.com/t5/eBay-for-Business/Making-the-Connection-Our-Spring-Seller-Update-and-Pl...

1. Take advantage of promoted listings as we remove third party advertisements and a $30 credit to use towards promotions available to Top Rated Sellers. We will have some upcoming specials on Promotions Manager. Details: http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2017spring/listings-visibility.html

2. Making it easier for you to remain competitive in the shipping and returns experience you offer to customers with new shipping tools. This includes new shipping rate tables and work days/cut off time options. Details: http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2017spring/shipping-tools.html

Review Bob's post about the vision that includes our commitment to rewarding sellers delivering the best shipping/returns experience to buyers. "Our goal is to make shipping and returns easier for you to manage. We plan to roll out new tools that enable you to provide more accurate—and competitive—delivery time estimates."http://community.ebay.com/t5/eBay-for-Business/Our-2017-Game-Plan-for-Seller-Success/ba-p/26582650

Message 144 of 266
latest reply

I suppose that would be both accurate & true if selling on eBay was the only business selling experience that "qualified" someone to know something of what they speak of.
No, I am not an eBay seller nor a "TRS". However, it has been my *business experience* that packages which are not properly "checked in" with a shipping company are the bane of business for both the seller AND the customer.
"I've decided I'm not old. I'm 25 plus shipping & handling!"
(I have PM disabled. Contact me via messages.)
Message 145 of 266
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

Just wondering if this will decrease the amount of support the Community gets from disgurntled Sellers ... hmmm.

I just come here for the daily dose of Dramedy.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 146 of 266
latest reply

You're still not READING the posts, are you?

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 147 of 266
latest reply

@z50com wrote:

I WON'T DO IT

For 10% I will no longer jump thru the hoops

I'm going back to 3 day handling and paid shipping

I'm also raising my prices

I DON'T NEED THIS ANYMORE

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/comments///1488296012.html#

I have been at 3 day shipping all along, even 20% discount of final value fee was not enough incentive to give up my off ebay life and commit to 1 day shipping,

Message 148 of 266
latest reply

I believe the extra fees are for "below standard" category....not "above standard" or "standard" shippers who have fallen from TRS level.

Thomas

Message 149 of 266
latest reply

@raquel_bayarea wrote:

@fern*wood wrote:

"We have received feedback from Top Rated sellers that they want more tools and options to grow their business. The changes we’re making reflect our ongoing investment in helping them do just that and to ensure the best marketplace health and competition..."

Please clarify what tools and options you are referring to that will help me grow my business.   The only "tool" I noticed concerned setting shipping rates, but I use the calculator with no problems, so this is useless for me.

How does tightening the TRS guidelines while lowering the discount help my business?

@raquel_bayarea

@fern*wood , Check the 2017 Spring Seller Update in Seller Center/Seller News for all the most recent updates. Below are a few quick references:

Seller Update Overview Pages:

http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2017spring/index.html

http://community.ebay.com/t5/eBay-for-Business/Making-the-Connection-Our-Spring-Seller-Update-and-Pl...

1. Take advantage of promoted listings as we remove third party advertisements and a $30 credit to use towards promotions available to Top Rated Sellers. We will have some upcoming specials on Promotions Manager. Details: http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2017spring/listings-visibility.html

2. Making it easier for you to remain competitive in the shipping and returns experience you offer to customers with new shipping tools. This includes new shipping rate tables and work days/cut off time options. Details: http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2017spring/shipping-tools.html

Review Bob's post about the vision that includes our commitment to rewarding sellers delivering the best shipping/returns experience to buyers. "Our goal is to make shipping and returns easier for you to manage. We plan to roll out new tools that enable you to provide more accurate—and competitive—delivery time estimates."http://community.ebay.com/t5/eBay-for-Business/Our-2017-Game-Plan-for-Seller-Success/ba-p/26582650

Raquel:  These  cornball policy's thought up by bob A long with  other folks  and other good folks like your self  that come to explain these policy's ! I don't believe ever Sold or bought  on this site as Long As I and others  have !  There for  you folks have never walked in my  and other members shoe's  until you done over 1000  transactions .    I have 2 IDs  so I have been here since  1997  that gives me  20+ years .   You FOLK's FORGET That The SELLERS are Your Customers First!   Pay the Fees  That Give the Pay checks You get , Not Buyers .  Ebay in The UA Still Claims Just Venue !  Controlled Market Place! is smoke and Mirrors  too Keep Buyers from sueing Ebay  .

Message 150 of 266
latest reply