I'm also raising my prices

I DON'T NEED THIS ANYMORE

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/comments///1488296012.html#

Message 1 of 266
latest reply
265 REPLIES 265

Re: TRS discount going from 20% to 10% on May 1st

@z50com wrote:

I will keep my store open because it makes business sense to do so.

But I'll give up the TRS and move to 3 day handling and paid shipping.

Back to 14 day returns and a small price increase just for the heck of it. . .

No longer is my customer #1, it's my turn to be #1. . .

eBay burned my pom poms this morning 😞

Yep, when I saw your initial post I knew ebay had really stepped in it this time.   It was a whiplash kind of moment...

Message 91 of 266
latest reply

@scheaf wrote:

Who said I was punishing buyers? My handling time and return policy will be clearly listed in my listings. No one will be forced to buy from me. I am simply not jumping through any more hoops for ebay for a measly 10%. Do you know how much time and stress is involved in dealing with 1 day handling, ridiculous returns from buyers and waiting in line at the post office to make sure packages get scanned every day? I do this myself. And I have a full time job. It is a LOT of work. And it is no longer worth it to me. Seeing that as punishing buyers is very short sighted.

I agree with you, and I don't see your plan as punishing buyers.  I think of it as survival and sanity protection for you as a seller.  An awful lot of buyers will be equally astounded at these changes (even if they are not aware of it if they are buyers only).  Increased handling times, and increased prices.  Ebay wants us to make buyers happy.  This is not going to make them happy, it will simply make them shop elsewhere.  

Message 92 of 266
latest reply

You know, I really appreciate and like that perspective as it's certainly a fresh view of the situation. No doubt.
I also believe it's important to base any successful business venture on the "nuts & bolts" of the operation. It's a healthy attitude to view benefits, kick-backs, and such as "extras" that are nice if they happen yet not necessary if they don't.
That said, however, I still hold to the belief that many will choose to forego many things here as the margin is just not sufficient enough to entice them to "take on" the added tasks to accomplish/reach them. One could remain a very good, solid seller without these.
"I've decided I'm not old. I'm 25 plus shipping & handling!"
(I have PM disabled. Contact me via messages.)
Message 93 of 266
latest reply

I worded that wrong.

No longer is EBAY'S customer #1, it's my turn to be #1

Message 94 of 266
latest reply

@manifestdestiny2014 wrote:
I love how ebay "sells" this price hike and service reduction as good for all of us? This is their marketing speak quote:

"eBay Top Rated Sellers have told us they want more tools and options to grow their business. The changes we’re making reflect our ongoing investment in helping them do just that and to ensure the best marketplace health and competition."

Translation: we're charging you more, giving you less.

^^^ THIS

Obviously ebay NEVER reached their REDUCTION goal of TRS+ listings with their new shipping metrics , so they are finally biting the bullet and taking the public relations HIT by cutting the discount in half...

Message 95 of 266
latest reply

auctionpet
Guide
The TRS discount writing has been on the wall for years! They didn't want to suddenly remove it, so they've done it slowly by making it less attractive via higher requirements and now a lower discount. The objective is sellers no longer reach for it, resulting in more money in ebay's pocket. In a few years they will decide to do away with it entirely. Unless your a high volume seller, it's simply not worth the stress.
Message 96 of 266
latest reply

@z50com wrote:

I worded that wrong.

No longer is EBAY'S customer #1, it's my turn to be #1

Good, you had me worried there for a minute!

I love you forever, Christie! Fly high, precious daughter 1/14/1987-12/20/2016
Message 97 of 266
latest reply

"Start Charging basic sellers more fees and quit hurting your bread and butter ebay it doesnt make sense".

Don't they make enough just to cut fee for everyone robbing Peter to pay Paul is ridiculous
Message 98 of 266
latest reply

@z50com wrote:

My local swapmeet charges $25 for a spot, I can bring in $500-$1000 in just a few short hours.

I guess I better get the pop up ready and buy my spot for the whole year.

I DON'T NEED EBAY - EBAY NEEDS ME!  -  (i don't sell china junk)

If z50com has lost confidence in ebay ,ebay might just be in TROUBLE! Smiley Wink

Message 99 of 266
latest reply

The update page says "eBay Top Rated Sellers have told us they want more tools and options to grow their business. The changes we’re making reflect our ongoing investment in helping them do just that and to ensure the best marketplace health and competition."

I'd like to know who asked eBay to cut our TRS discount in half!

https://bio.link/langs
Message 100 of 266
latest reply

@cad777864 wrote:

How encouraging to sell here.  Thank goodness spring is coming, everyone needs to just start selling locally where you can make a LOT more money anyway.  This will be the final nail for many many sellers.

If you can make more money selling locally, why aren't you already doing that?

If you are already selling both on eBay and locally - but you can now make more only selling locally - why are you selling on eBay at all?

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 101 of 266
latest reply

I'm sure I won't be the only seller moving to 3 day handling time.

This will be the BIGGEST factor sellers can do to "buck" back at this craziness (greed).

I might also start buying my postage somewhere else or just use stamps and use label 400 (US Postal Tracking) Why give eBay a single penny they don't deserve.

Someone put out the fire, my pom poms are burning. . .

Message 102 of 266
latest reply

@aprilmoviebuf2000 wrote " ...  An awful lot of buyers will be equally astounded at these changes (even if they are not aware of it if they are buyers only).  Increased handling times, and increased prices.  Ebay wants us to make buyers happy.  This is not going to make them happy, it will simply make them shop elsewhere."

I have been waiting for this comment to come out because I think it is extremely relavent.  This whole thing is all about money, lets not kid ourselves, eBay has the venue to make money, Sellers sell here to make money and if Buyers are happy they buy here.  The credo "enhance the Buying expereince" is partially tossed out the window by eliminating Seller incentive to meet the TRS Plus level and simply fall back to longer shipping times, etc.  I wish more Buyers would scream at Ebay that these changes are NOT enhancing their Buying experience and therefore should be recinded.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 103 of 266
latest reply

@*heather_lee* wrote:
Good grief! *WHY*, when I'm contemplating selling here, did *this* mess have to come along?!

TRS is earned, not an entitlement; and the + flag on listings is harder to get - and harder to maintain.  You're a long way from that without having sold anything.

What, specifically, about the update would prevent you from starting to sell on eBay?!

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 104 of 266
latest reply

@z50com wrote:

I'm sure I won't be the only seller moving to 3 day handling time.

This will be the BIGGEST factor sellers can do to "buck" back at this craziness (greed).

I might also start buying my postage somewhere else or just use stamps and use label 400 (US Postal Tracking) Why give eBay a single penny they don't deserve.

Someone put out the fire, my pom poms are burning. . .

BUT BUT I can NOT list all the posters who said the NEW shipping metrics were put in place to make sellers ship FASTER...

When I said the metrics would actually increase shipping times to customers via longer handling times,because people would not jump through the hoops,everyone said no the metrics were put in place to get items to buyers FASTER,not to REDUCE TRS sellers..

Message 105 of 266
latest reply