cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nothing to address the return abuse and scammers?

Thousands of buyers and scammers abusing the return policy and the general ebay platform daily and nada from ebay.

This is the one overwhelming problem I was hoping they were going to address.

Change.....As the wind blows
Message 1 of 17
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Nothing to address the return abuse and scammers?

As Bob mentioned in his Vision Blog:

We also intend to start taking a stronger stance on the kinds of experiences that keep buyers from coming back—as well as protect you, our sellers, from buyers who take unfair advantage of returns.

Although we are not able to announce anything in the Spring Seller Update, we are addressing this currently. Please stay tuned for more details.

Thank you for selling on eBay.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Unicorns and rainbows exist too.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

We also intend to start taking a stronger stance on the kinds of experiences that keep buyers from coming back—as well as protect you, our sellers, from buyers who take unfair advantage of returns.

Although we are not able to announce anything in the Spring Seller Update, we are addressing this currently. Please stay tuned for more details.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Same as the answers on fb.  "stay tuned", "working on it".  Soon never comes.  That was months ago, last year.  So stay tuned...

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Did you really think ebay would address that?

Its all top secret! 

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

So, they shut down the main thread & replied only to the posts they like. Uhm...
Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 6 of 17
latest reply

And you are surprised ... why?

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

@peak-here wrote:

What  experiences  keep buyers from comming Back  !  That bob is worrired about  . Lord knows it isn't problem  sellers  ,Since numbers are at the bottom . Where as    Buyer return abuse is big problem . A long with return Buyer fraud . Phoney snad to get free return shipping .

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

@carlmarxx wrote:

@peak-here wrote:

What  experiences  keep buyers from comming Back  !  That bob is worrired about  . Lord knows it isn't problem  sellers  ,Since numbers are at the bottom . Where as    Buyer return abuse is big problem . A long with return Buyer fraud . Phoney snad to get free return shipping .

Not as described auctions. A lot of sellers are guilty of poor descriptions

Poor communication or none at all

Slow shipping, poor packing, damaged upon arrival, DOA

Abusing the condition field. Listing a used item as new.

CHINA CHINA CHINA CHINA CHINA

ebay or sellers interfering with buyer's scam attempts

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

I expect ebay will offer sellers Return Abuse And Scam Protection Insurance for the low price of only $199.99 extra per month in the Fall Update.  Gotta raise that revenue somehow.

More hoops, more threats, less help.  It's the ebay way!

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

@b86fiero wrote:

I expect ebay will offer sellers Return Abuse And Scam Protection Insurance for the low price of only $199.99 extra per month in the Fall Update.  Gotta raise that revenue somehow.

More hoops, more threats, less help.  It's the ebay way!

That's actually not a bad idea. I'd sign up for $10 a month but not more.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

@banana-posts wrote:

@carlmarxx wrote:

@peak-here wrote:

Not as described auctions. A lot of sellers are guilty of poor descriptions

Poor communication or none at all

Slow shipping, poor packing, damaged upon arrival, DOA

Abusing the condition field. Listing a used item as new.

CHINA CHINA CHINA CHINA CHINA

ebay or sellers interfering with buyer's scam attempts

Slow Shipping ?  that is at bottom of my list.   Can't control how they  pack  to ship ,when It Is Ebay that Tell's Sellers Buyer Want Cheap Shipping ! then you Get Damaged items  during transit . DOA  is not 100% seller fault in most case's .  Abusing the Condition field That is Ebay's Fault for limiting field standards for condition .   I agree On China sellers .   your last statment makes no since.  Since  sellers what to stop retail buyer scams  and return abuse.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

No, only ways to hurt the sellers more.  This is how ebay treats their sellers.  I have shown proven evidence over and over to ebay about the scam sellers and ebay lest them list and list and continue to rip off people.  Good sellers pay more in fees every year and get penalized for being good sellers.  Make me sick the way Ebay treats us.

new update

I have been an ebay seller for years and this is just plain CORPORATE GREED.  I can not tell you how ashamed I am of what they are doing to us, the sellers.  Ebay now reports your end of the years totals to the government if over a certain amount they say.  I am not a business.  I am someone selling off my collectibles I have sweated over for years, paid top dollars, selling them pennies on the dollar.  The government is now taking 33 percent of your profits.  Ebay every year makes it harder and harder for the top rated sellers.  They are trying to eliminate them basically.  This new change is a slap in the face once again for the sellers.  We lose so much money from scam artist buyers, and the sellers have zero protection.  No matter what happens Ebay is in the buyers favor always.  I have had many cases over the years and have lost money.  Ebay continutes to take any profits more and more from the sellers.  It gets worse every year.  You no longer receive any promotional sales help.  They have basically eliminated free listings for their sellers.  Use to be 100 free then went to 50.  Use to get promo emails none now...listing are thirty cents a pop.  Wonder why people do not list their items when ebay and paypal and the government it taking almost half your money on your items you paid way more for to begin with when you purchased those items.  I am hurt that Ebay does not respect their sellers, who make this a WEBSITE!  Without sellers you have nothing, yet ebay tries to hurt their sellers more and more.  China and Hong Kong ect are out of control.  I buy items for discounted prices and never get them.  Months go by and ebay winds up refunding the seller, but China and Hong Kong close up shop and collect all the sellers money and skip out on ebay.  Ebay loses also.  I understand that.  But the good sellers have to pay for the bad ones I guess.  Is that the reason Ebay raises their profits with every change?  I am just lost as to why they hurt the sellers so bad.  PLEASE EBAY LISTEN TO US AND STOP LYING TO US!  You update specifically says this..."

Why is eBay making these changes?

eBay Top Rated Sellers have told us they want more tools and options to grow their business. The changes we’re making reflect our ongoing investment in helping them do just that and to ensure the best marketplace health and competition."

HOW is this helping sellers?  It is helping ebays profits only.  Charging sellers more money and making it harder standards to sell helps us grow our business? 

STOP ebay.  Help the sellers profit.  Stop the CORPORATE GREED.  You need us, we soon will not need your.  We are reaching out to facebook apps, ioffer, bonanza, craigslist and many others because you are hurting us.  I just need to pay medical bills off and I am having a harder and harder time doing that thanks to ebay taking more and more profits and now the government intervention.  Sad EBAY, learn to respect your sellers.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Yep! I am below standard due to DISHONEST BUYERS
NOTHING will ever be done to address THAT
Message 15 of 17
latest reply