cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2017 Spring Seller Update Reminder

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hello,

Please use this thread if you have any questions or wish to discuss today's announcement

Thank you. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 331
latest reply
330 REPLIES 330

Re: 2017 Spring Seller Update Reminder

@miss_minutes wrote:

Wait a minute.... we are being punished 4% for not meeting the e-bay minimum performance standards..? I'm not really complaining because im a TRS and I always following their performance standards but that just seem extremly unfair to smaller sellers. 

So essentially, they are shrinking the TRS benefits + taking away incentives for sellers to exceed performance standards... making it harder for smaller sellers to sell + make money + become better sellers because of less visibility as compared to bigger sellers..

All this will do is push all the smaller sellers + community out of eBay and only allow the bigger sellers to stay. And they wonder why Amazon is winning lol, no protection on the sellers part. 

I see this a little differently.  The take away of 1/2 of the TRS+ discount will be harder and more expensive the larger the seller is.  For small sellers it will be easier to let it go as it may only mean they lose less money.  So a seller that is TRS+ seller without a store could lose up to $10 a month for every $1000 worth of gross sales.  Or if you have a store you could lose about $6.15 per $1000.  So the larger you are the more it will hurt.

From my point of view this is much more impactfull to larger sellers.  While I understand the concern over this change and I don't like it.  I just don't think some or looking at this correctly.  I've said this many times before on various threads, I think Ebay needs to buckle their belts as when this comes to be in effect, they will see a whole bunch of sellers change their selling structures.  Due to it only being a reduction in their FVF discount they will change their handling time to push it out a little and change their return window to 14 days.  Those sellers will no longer qualify for TRS+ discount for doing such a thing, but the will still retain their TRS status as long as they comply with the other rules for the program.  And that is important since there are some good benefits to be TRS.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 16 of 331
latest reply

I agree with many of the posts here.  I do not understand how an increase to fees is great for us.  i am also being forced to weigh heavily using cheaper and slower shipment methods due to the fact that ebay and paypal take their fees on total value of the sale including shipping.  For sellers that move numerous lower value items, the costs to have a store, pay fees and shipping end up being more than 50% of the money we bring in.  I used to sell a long time ago when people would cheat on shipping prices and understand why ebay needed to change the fee format , but it seems like there would be a better way.  You know what shipping fees are supposed to be.  You give us the nifty calculator to figure it out.  Seems like you could eliminate the shipping value from the fee calculation rather easily these days.  Still, that would mean less money for ebay right?  Now, you tell us that more incentives are being cut but demanding that we increase our productivity and shipping speed, at more cost to us, not you.  I for one am seriously contimplating if ebay is the real solution to my selling needs.  Seems the only real benefit left to this site is visability.  But even that has a ceiling to its value.  

Message 17 of 331
latest reply

I only received a 10% discount this past month... I just read those were going into effect next month?....

Also, I am concerned about losing my TRS standing because for some reason or other I am .08% away from losing it do to supposed 'late shipments.' Which is funny, because my tracking uploading and validation is near 100%! I've been complaining about this earlier in the year and each time I call the customer service agent is rather annoyed that there are so many 'late shipment' errors and they don't want to bother going through them all... so they just don't.

What do I do???

Thank you in advance.

Message 18 of 331
latest reply

i don't even know the definition of 'active content'...
Message 19 of 331
latest reply

About TRS defects and seller standings... is it at all in the works where somehow us sellers can get a 'clean slate' like on minimum a yearly basis? I have gone from 99% to somehow 98% four months AFTER...[?] one LITERALLY COMPETITION but ebay doesn't see it that way who maliciously left negative feedback. I understand them dropping off a year from the date of the actual timing of the defect. But why not just do it all at once, like when we renew out store subscription?

Maybe that's a stupid idea. Just thinking...

Message 20 of 331
latest reply

We're not taking comments on this blog. Instead, we've set up a special discussion board to discuss today's announcement. "

Message 21 of 331
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@valley*valley wrote:

I only received a 10% discount this past month... I just read those were going into effect next month?....

Also, I am concerned about losing my TRS standing because for some reason or other I am .08% away from losing it do to supposed 'late shipments.' Which is funny, because my tracking uploading and validation is near 100%! I've been complaining about this earlier in the year and each time I call the customer service agent is rather annoyed that there are so many 'late shipment' errors and they don't want to bother going through them all... so they just don't.

What do I do???

Thank you in advance.

Hi @valley*valley - If you're seeing any discrepancies from last month or have questions about your Dashboard, please reach out to our customer service teams here: https://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/home We aren't able to offer account specific support here on the boards but those teams should be able to assist. 

Message 22 of 331
latest reply

Great news - we're raising requirements, increasing fees, and lowering incentives! Yeah... that helps me as a seller in what way? I've never seen a more tone deaf company. Every day I move more of my products to other selling platforms because eBay has become a horrible place to do business. Between the scammers, the way that buyers are allowed to abuse returns, and the ever-increasing fees, I won't be selling on eBay much longer.

Message 23 of 331
latest reply

Active content is media such as videos in the item description. It doesn't really affect anyone because not many people use videos in their descriptions. 

Message 24 of 331
latest reply

@stylingbliss17 wrote:

We're not taking comments on this blog. Instead, we've set up a special discussion board to discuss today's announcement. "

@millennialstray

Who is "we"?  

Message 25 of 331
latest reply

It can be a little more complicated than that.

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/comments/2017/3/1489943673.html#comments

Message 26 of 331
latest reply

Looks like I will have to find alternatives to sell stuff on occasion...
Message 27 of 331
latest reply

What exactly is meant by  "....meet eBay's minimum performance standards..." ?

"Final value fees for sellers who do not meet eBay's minimum performance standards will increase by 4 percentage points on items sold"

Message 28 of 331
latest reply

I use FROO Cross Sell in my listings. It's a banner that rolls your other listings across the screen. It was considered "active content". Froo has now changed their format so it will fade your pictures out instead of rolling them across the screen. Somehow it is not considered "active content" that way.

Message 29 of 331
latest reply

In reality, TRS are losing MORE than people who are bad sellers. Bad Sellers are being penalized either 4% or 6%. TRS sellers are losing 10%. I have received no promotional offers for listings in 2 months. I thought about opening a store... but now the fee is almost as much as not having a store.

Message 30 of 331
latest reply