cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion for Mobile Optimized Descriptions

Hello eBay Staff,

I'd like to propose some additional features for the mobile optimized descriptions that will be going into effect soon (which I do think is a good change, by the way especially since the "More" link will be prominently displayed and since sellers have the option to choose the shortform text - thanks eBay):

I have created the below mock-up to demonstrate these proposed changes which includes:

- A title bar with an 'add or remove options" link to the description area - SYI form can default to just showing the longform description, but if users click to add options they can add...

- A second text box above the item description that is used to customize a shortform/mobile description.

- A character count for each area, showing the limit on the mobile field but also adding the feature to the longform field (that way if a user sees their desc is less than 800 characters they would not have to enter anything in the mobile field)

I think this would really be a great update to the new feature & make it easier to navigate. Thanks for considering and passing on to the appropriate team member! If you need me to send it in an e-mail please let me know and I would be happy to do so.

SYImobiledescriptionupdate.png

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Oh, and I forgot to note - it would be great if the preview link under mobile description actually gave a preview of what the listing would look like on mobile devices (separate from the preview under web description that shows the web view) -- not everyone has a mobile device to view their own listings.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

brian_burke@ebay Brian - tagging you on this post as the thread got a bit buried and I wanted to make sure it wasn't overlooked. 🙂

Message 3 of 3
latest reply