cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing store level after update?

Looks like I'll be dropping back to a Basic Store. I have a Premium store now but never list 1000! More like 450 most of the time. Looks like a Basic store will make more sense even with the higher per-item cost for additional listings.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I have a basic store which I was planning on dropping.   I don't have the inventory or space to store enough to make it worthwhile.  Now with the price going up, it's a sure thing that I'll drop the store.   Basic store will work fine for many people, I think.   But for me, I'll be cancelling (and paying for a while per the store agreement) by summer.  I sell clothing and hardly anything sells in summer anyway.

Right now I have 94 items for sale.  That's the most I've ever had and while there's a lot of good stuff (I just got back from a buying trip) there are a lot of filler things like buttons and small stuff just to get the numbers up so maybe I'll get noticed.  

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@newenglandnew wrote:

... , I'll be cancelling (and paying for a while per the store agreement) by summer.....  

According to the FAQ:

"Sellers with an annual subscription have 60 days after this Seller Update (until June 4th) to change their Store level without a penalty. You may also cancel your Store subscription until June 4th without incurring early termination fees (if they apply). To make changes, please go to My eBay."

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I'm still running the numbers. Looks like at 450 listings it's a wash so if I want to list more I"d need the Premium Store. It's just that I have had trouble listing 500 to meet the current allottment. I'll need to rethink what I list on ebay if I want to aim for closer to 1000!

I wish they'd give Store owners auctions in all categories. I have to use a non-store account for them and I'd rather have the auctions on my main account.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Since they are allowing you to downgrade without penalty is it possible to downgrade now, They seem to allow you to upgrade at any time so if you downgrade & basic works great, if it doesn't you can always upgrade.
Just a thought.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply