cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please start/give EBAY DEBIT CARD for/to Sellers

Dear EBAY Community & EBAY,
requesting to please issue/give EBAY DEBIT CARD to ebay sellers , (not credit card) ;
EBay Community please request EBAY to do so As soon as possible.
So that funds in EBAY can be used faster to purchase/obtain necessary supply materials/services.

EBay takes 2 days to clear buyer's payment , then only 4 work days or something like that ebay sends that into seller's bank , then seller's bank again requires 2 days of waiting before the fund is credited into seller's account !!
So atleast or around 4 DAYS OF WAITING IS NEEDED , before an ebay seller can actually use the fund to purchase a necessary supply or place/relay ebay-buyer's order with seller's supplier/reseller , by using SELLER's BANK DEBIT CARD.

Some ebay sellers may have funds everywhere , such sellers can place/relay ebay-buyer's order (or use their own local stock) if they need to , instantly , right after receiving an order in ebay.
But that is not the case for everyone / every-seller , me or other sellers like me , need the fund very quickly available to place/relay ebay-buyer's order to my/seller's supplier/reseller's store.

Paypal gave DEBIT Card, and Buyer's fund was processed by Paypal , so FUNDS from SELLING WAS AVAILABLE very quickly (WITHIN FEW MINUTES) in Paypal , and we/sellers were able to place/relay ebay-buyer's order quickly to seller's supplier/reseller store.

But it does not & cannot happen now , after EBAY CHANGED PAYMENT PROCESSING/PROCESSOR.

I or other sellers like me had to increase HANDLING time from 1 or 2 days , into 4 DAYS or 5 DAY or 10 Days.
so EBAY's NEW PAYMENT PROCESSING SYSTEM/CHANGES has/have already IMPACTED SELLERS like us, in a bad way.

is ebay creating more problems for smaller ebay sellers , like amazon, etc ?

SOLUTION:
IF EBAY gives (aka: begins to issue) EBAY DEBIT CARD (to EBAY sellers) (it can be a MC/MasterCard based DEBIT CARD) , then , we/sellers do not need EBAY to deposit into seller's Bank rightaway , instead we/sellers can use fund available in EBAY , by using EBAY's DEBIT CARD.

SUCH EBAY DEBIT CARD CAN REDUCE FUND AVAILABILITY WAIT TIME BY atleast 2 DAYS.

If i'm unaware of such existing product of ebay, then sorry for creating this post, let me have the link so i or other seller(s) can have/get a EBAY DEBIT CARD.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Please start/give EBAY DEBIT CARD for/to Sellers

OR , there can also be another/such solution:

EBAY could arrange/remake/change deals (and setup payment processing API links) with PAYPAL,
and allow+give Paypal access into seller's EBAY-FUND from seller's Paypal account , then ebay sellers who already have PAYPAL DEBIT CARD , can also+AGAIN use the PAYPAL DEBIT CARD to place/relay ebay-buyer's order into seller's supplier/reseller's store.

Such (paypal debit card) will also reduce atleast 2 DAYS of waiting for fund availability . ( As, Banks usually require approximately 2 Days to actually post credit after receiving fund ).

I think/assuming , this API based processing will be faster to setup , as Paypal+EBay already had such system.
in such new setup , Paypal have to allow obtainment of fund from ebay-fund as source of fund , instead of seller's bank or seller's bank-debit/credit card . Previously we specified paypal account userid/email in ebay , but in new API setup , i think ,  we/seller will need to specify ebay account's userid/email in paypal.

when ebay tested their own payment processing, then, they should have given more thought into it ( either issue EBAY DEBIT CARD or allow EBAY-PAYPAL PAYMENT API ) , (or they indeed have given thought , but evil thought) , as such (CARD or API) can / could've help ALL sellers (not only BIG sellers/businesses with lots of resources/funds laying everywhere) , but instead EBAY has decided to do change on payment system in such a way , that , it has MOSTLY benefited BIG sellers & still continuing to do so , and created MORE problems for SMALLER sellers/businesses.

Not completely good decision for all , or not sufficient planning/thinking , or may be purposefully it was done to cut/deprive SMALLER sellers even more , just like what Amazon type entities have done & continue to doing to the entire world's smaller/startup sellers/entrepreneurs/business, etc.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

I'm sorry, but I doubt that eBay will do this, because eBay is not a bank. Managed payments is a payment processor, and sellers don't/can't maintain a balance in their accounts (like many PayPal account owners did) which was what made it possible for PayPal to give you advance access to your funds sometimes (not always).

You can get a debit card from the checking account that your funds are deposited into.

Retail businesses need to have enough capital available to purchase their inventory and any necessary supplies, and cover all of their operating expenses. It's not good business practice to rely on your buyer's funds to purchase your inventory for the buyer's purchase. That is dangerously close to a Ponzi Scheme, and may cross the line if you're not careful.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

An entity/company/business/corp/store/merchant/individual DOES NOT HAVE TO BE A BANK to give Debit Card (or Gift Card or Store Card or Prepaid Card or Online Debit or Reward Card or Loyalty Card, etc) to their clients, customers, employees, specific target, or sell as an item, etc.

After a short time research, as far as i understand , EBAY (online shopping service provider, aka: "e-commerce") using deals with ADYEN ( a "payment processor", aka: "payment service provider" ) to process payments ( aka: "Managed payments" ) in EBay . So ADYEN & EBay can for sure find suitable "card issuing partner" (aka: "issuer") to issue Debit Cards on behalf of EBAY , to EBay sellers.
( Similar to what Paypal, a "payment processor" has done , which any other "payment processor" can also do ).

Releasing debit cards (to your target clients) requires partnership of : MERCHANT ( in this case: EBay ) , NETWORK ( VISA, MasterCard/Switch/Maestro, American Express, Discover Card, STAR, Interac, etc ) , ISSUER ( financial institutions : banks, credit unions, Chase, Citi, Bank Of America, Wells Fargo, AmEx, Discover, etc ).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_online_payment_service_providers
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_banks_in_the_Americas

As long as sellers who provide SSN / TIN , then EBAY can provide them such DEBIT CARD very easily without any headache.
i consider this as (number one or number two) ESSENTIAL SELLER TOOL for any online shipping service facilitators / providers , ( as Paypal's role is now changed, & diversified/distributed with other payment service providers , so necessity of such tool (DEBIT CARD) has become paramount ),
And SUCH DEBIT CARDS SHOULD HAVE BEEN PROVIDED TO EBAY SELLERS SO THAT NO DISRUPTION OCCURS , THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN REAL ACT TO NOT HAVE DISRUPTIONS , FOR WHICH EBAY WAS KEEP ON SENDING MESSAGES TO SELLERS AS WARNING.
BUT EBAY CHANGED (BY FORCE) INTO NEW PAYMENT-SYSTEM WITHOUT HELPFUL SOLUTIONS (EBAY DEBIT CARD) IS+WAS RECKLESS & DISRUPTIVE TO MANY EXISTING SELLERS.

Again, please start providing Debit Card to EBay sellers , & such will be real + good MANAGEMENT OF PAYMENT.

If such debit card is provided, sellers can use that card with international payment processing processors, like Adyen, Paypal, Alipay, Apple Pay, Google pay, etc & on supplier's/reseller's site to purchase their supplies for ebay buyers.

Even sellers without SSN / TIN can have ebay's own Loyalty or Seller Debit Card , but which depends on ebay's own decision & branching into other fallbacks : seller identity & business registration verification channels/procedures.

Quick access to FUND (approximately 48 hours or less after payment) from selling , is ESSENTIAL for all/any type of sellers . This process MUST be made more faster/quicker.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

You will  want to present your idea to someone at the corporate office

The policy makers for eBay will not see your post here this a member to member board (buyers and sellers)

Good luck

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Sounds like you need the $ to purchase the items that the customer buys. 

Since what you want will probably never happen, I would invest in good credit coupled with getting a credit card. 

Then you can buy and repay and buy and repay etc.

But curious, with all the State and Federal Taxes that you will owe on the profits of sales, where is that money? You can use that money to purchase things that you've sold. Then pay it back when MP deposits? 

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

@atikotek-1 

If they did that, the funds would have to be deposited somewhere, so it probably wouldn't make any difference in the time you have access to the funds.

Dropshippers should put away some funds to cover your orders.

Have a great day.
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@atikotek-1 you completely missed the point. 

• With managed payments, nobody maintains a credit balance in their "eBay account", as many merchants do in their PayPal accounts.  PayPal's business model is to use that pool of funds to provide advance access to some payments before they clear, which takes several days. PayPal does this for low-risk payments only, all other payments are held until the item is delivered. Managed Payments transmits all funds into the seller's bank account, so there is no pool of funds to use for providing credit advances.

@atikotek-1 wrote:

Quick access to FUND (approximately 48 hours or less after payment) from selling , is ESSENTIAL for all/any type of sellers . This process MUST be made more faster/quicker.

More than 80% of all eBay transactions in the USA are now being processed by managed payments, some sellers have been in Managed Payments for up to 3 years already. All of those sellers are running their businesses successfully without needing credit advances. It is not essential. 

It is a very poor business practice to rely on your buyer's payments to pay for the item you just sold to them. No bank would loan money to a business with such a risky business model.

You're not speaking to eBay here. These boards are for other eBay users, experienced sellers and buyers. Nobody here can change this policy for you, and eBay is already aware that many sellers don't like this change, but they are doing it anyway.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@stuff4divas, any idea disclosed here by me , are intended to do/bring benefit of all , i do not want a cent or ownership or any type of credit on anything ... common sense simple ideas ... anyone can & welcome to implement with their own modifications or none.

@lacemaker3, ebay's payment processor adyen will keep the fund on behalf of ebay & ebay-sellers.
just like what paypal did before.
adyen can issue DEBIT CARD to ebay-sellers ( from their choice of suitable BANK(s) ) ( may be Chase or Synchrony bank, or other, etc ).
just like what paypal did before (and still doing) , paypal's debit card issuer is Bancorp Bank.
so please try to understand ... the pattern here ... what paypal (a "payment service provider" , aka: "payment processor") was able to do , THAT any OTHER PAYMENT SERVICE PROVIDER / PROCESSOR CAN ALSO DO.
why is it so hard to understand ?!
why some/many users are making/PRESENTING it as more complicated ? !!
to me such attempts are appearing as deception for ebay members/sellers/buyers, etc to gain some type of benefit for their own or their partners or their supporters , or to cause some losses to their competitors.

If user doesn't like to call it EBAY DEBIT CARD, then user may/can call it ADYEN DEBIT CARD, etc.

so it appears, MY MISTAKE is this , i should NOT have called it "EBAY DEBIT CARD" , instead i should have called it "ADYEN DEBIT CARD".

All sellers just need quick access to their fund from selling from payment processor , via a faster method , which a DEBIT CARD with ( VISA / MasterCard / AmEx / Discover, etc) network support  can do.

@lacemaker3  , i understand that i'm not speaking to ebay , but it is possible that someone ( or i ) will communicate with appropriate ebay channel & mention about this community-thread.
even if no one mentions about this thread that is also okay,
IDEAS need to be implemented to BENEFIT sellers/all , and when sellers have better tools then buyers also gets better items & services faster.

but+and open discussions are needed , that is what civilized people do or suppose to do , ( to do some step or before doing some step , so that that step can actually help more, rather than harm more ) ,
even though presence or lack of all type of users can make a discussion appears to be more helpful & more informative OR can make a discussion appears to be more complicated or incorrect,
than how much it actually is,
and because Users/readers/viewers have pre-biasness (their own preferences/avoidances/choices) toward many things , different users will pick & choose certain part of info & discard some part of info ... so different portion of discussion's interpretation will be different to different type of users.
and all type of users are not present here in this discussion.

@kensgiftshop, you're right about having some reserve fund for dropshipping buy-sell process , but some things can be near $1000 or more , and if multiple users are ordering then obviously not all sellers have thousands of dollars as reserve , not when a smaller scale sellers are beginning in ebay , which i mentioned earlier.

Anyway,
To EBay Sellers/Buyers/Members , please request EBAY to make further deals with ADYEN , and please request ADYEN to make further deals with EBAY , to allow+issue "ADYEN DEBIT CARD" to EBAY's Sellers.

All sellers need QUICK ACCESS to their fund . Previously paypal debit card (from paypal+bancorp bank) allowed ebay sellers to have quick access to their fund from selling , that SAME FUNCTIONALITY needs to be achieved+obtained from new payment processor ADYEN , but Adyen can only do that what EBAY will request+make deal.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

@atikotek-1 wrote:

@lacemaker3, ebay's payment processor adyen will keep the fund on behalf of ebay & ebay-sellers.
just like what paypal did before.

No, that's not how managed payments works. It might have, I suppose, but they have not chosen to use the same business model as PayPal.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

AGAIN   Present your 'case' to policymakers of eBay/Adyen /Manage Payments policy makers 

This post may be a  beginning to this process of  gathering support for future policy change (maybe not) but remember that  policy change can take months and yes sometimes  years of hard work  on your part and others.

For now this is the reality debit card is not  current option through manage payments

The poster who suggested getting a credit card for business needs is i my opinion a solid option to a current resolution to you present needs

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Sounds like the perfect plan.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply