eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
auntiejj2007
Community Member

Looking to get more exposure...HELP

I have been doing ebay for just about two years and love it! Times are slow...but just about the same from when I started. I am desperately trying to get as much exposure as possible and add more product. I married in September so I took a long break away from ebay and I hope to increase my listings by double and of course in sales. I currently list through Auctiva, blog each item with key words, go to ebay & revise each listing by adding links of 'other items', 'favorites', and 'newsletters'. Doing it in auctiva puts it in the middle of my listing instead of the end, hence the revisions ~ lotsa work that way. Maybe I shouldn't care about middle or end ~ does it matter in a marketing strategy? Anyway, I've set up email mailers but funny...I have NO ONE to send them too! How can I get subscribers? How can I get more exposure? I have sales flyers and no one to fly them to! I just want to know how to get customers as repeat buyers and attract new customers. I do send a shipped notice with links attached. Any ideas for me please? Feel free to browse through my site and give me any advice on anything, I'm willing to learn more! Thanks soooooo much and God Bless!!! Judith
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to auntiejj2007
Couple of quick observations:
1. You are selling items that will usually not sell well in a poor economy. None appear to be "hot" items.
2. I have never found that selling library purchased books works well.
3. "You are buying "AS IS". Returns will not be accepted" unenforceable and a turn off.
Auctions and pictures look good but lots of those types of items are simply not selling right now.
Please use plain text.
auntiejj2007
Community Member

in reply to auntiejj2007
Thank you for your information. I will take this into consideration and check out 'hot' items to see if I have any of these. Thanks again ~ it is much appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to auntiejj2007
Greetings!

auntiejj2007 - are you using googlebase? (google it) also there are threads over on the stores board about it.

michael
chippies logo
Closing the Recycling loop: Reuse
Sale of New and Used Electronics and Computer items.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to auntiejj2007
Hi .......What is googlebase ? Is it free? How do you get it? Is it something anyone can do? Thanks
Please use plain text.
auntiejj2007
Community Member

in reply to auntiejj2007
OK -- Thanks. I looked it up. Interesting...I'm going to try it out and see if it works. Here is the link: http://base.google.com/base/storeconnector/index.html
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to auntiejj2007
parkerenterprise63 -"Hi .......What is googlebase ? Is it free? How do you get it? Is it something anyone can do? Thanks "

unfortunately, you only have auction item, and googlebase only handles fixed price / set shipping items., such as store items, and you have to have a store because it uses the RSS feed from your store.

hope this helps
michael
chippies logo
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to auntiejj2007
Hi! I'm in the same boat that you are. I've only been selling a little while and I am wanting more exposure as well. Thanks for your help! Dee
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to auntiejj2007
dee...

since you have a store, and thus fixed price, set shipping items.....

check out googlebase.....

michael
chippies logo
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: Looking to get more exposure...HELP

in reply to auntiejj2007
Use eBay Blogs
Make a store logo people will remember and post your store link all over the internet.
Use FaceBook and MySpace
Use Blogger(google)
Make your AboutMe eBay page more friendly (people don't like to read, sad but true)
Fill out your eBay My world page and make it interesting.
Check my eBay page counters if you want to see results
Listen to eBay Radio and join the ebay radio group. its free. its fast. you'll get hooked.

Rebecca aka CinnamonSeven
♥ Becca ♥ CinnamonSeven ♥

Rebecca Musser Photography

ღ♥Becca♥ღ ღ♥CinNaMonSeVen♥ღ

FaceBook Me
Please use plain text.
auntiejj2007
Community Member

in reply to auntiejj2007
Thank you Becca;

Have a Beautiful 21st Birthday coming up! My daughter is 21 ~ an August baby. Enjoy your year ~ you're only 21 once. Be wise in all you do. I see by your store...you are a bright and outgoing young lady. Congrats!

Thanks again & God Bless
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to auntiejj2007
Thank you for good advice,I open my ebay store in 2008,I am also looking for the way of exposure all the time,I hope evey ebay seller will have a prosperous 2009
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to auntiejj2007
Hi there, I'm a fairly new seller and I'm wondering if there are any requirements to having a store--does it cost extra? I am at my wits end today after finding out that I have $207 worth of fees on my account (not to mention $350 credit racked up) and my bank/paypal is empty--as are my bids for stuff. I'm growing frustrated and overwhelmed and am not sure whether to give up or try harder. It's so hard researching because it's a HUGE world in here and I have no idea where to start. I've tried the basics but beyond that am a bit lost. Does anyone have any advice or direction for me?? Maybe I'll take a look at "whats hot" with hopes that something I have here at home is listed on there because I sure can't afford to buy anything and resell it right now. However, I have tons of kids clothes, household items, toys, games, shoes, etc.
Help!!
~Jo
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to auntiejj2007
> Hi there, I'm a fairly new seller and I'm wondering if there are any requirements to having a store--does it cost extra? I am at my wits end today after finding out that I have $207 worth of fees on my account (not to mention $350 credit racked up) and my bank/paypal is empty--as are my bids for stuff. I'm growing frustrated and overwhelmed and am not sure whether to give up or try harder.

------------------

Greetings!

some things that might help...
in your titles, dont use puncutation, such, as, commas,....
they take up space you could use...

because, they, are, (sorry, just teasing you..) taking up space that you could use for words that you have in the subtitles...

at the very least, stop using subtitles, they cost money, and using words like L@@K are not considered search terms.

think of it this way, no one really uese

"reebok L@@K"

as search terms

"NEW REEBOK FOOTBALL UNIFORM PANTS, GREEN, ADULT L
NWOT,U WON'T FIND 'EM CHEAPER ANYWHERE!L@@K-FREE SHIPN!"

use the most important keywords first...

reebok green pants football uniform adult L NWOT

dont use subtitle, and the free shipn is clearly shown in the list of items in a search result..

i.e.

item title... item number.... price... shipping......

when it comes to descriptions of the item...

try using some bullet points..

the html is
ul
li
li
li
/ul
(put the < and > before and after the code elements)

size
length
color

etc....

large paragraphs that look like block text, are hard to read.

break up the text, its easier to follow.

your original post is an excellent example of how not to do descriptions, break up thoughts and sentences, make it easier to read...

(like my post, eheeheh)

"GAP SHERPA PEA Coat,GRLS/JR'S sz.XXL,GORGEOUS-L@@K! GUC"

try:
Gap Sherpa Pea coat girls misses jr's size XXL GUC

pictures for this item are a little dark.... you may want to add a couple more lamps for better representation.
the top pic makes the jacket look dirty....

again, use bullet points, for size, material, anything else you can do. information buried in paragraphs tends to get lost.

the buyer wants info, and wants it in a clean, readable and easily found format. the list items ( li ) bullet points allow you to do that.

"XHILARATION GIRLS/JR'S/WOMENS CLOGS SZ 6.5 *L@@K,CUTE!*
VERY CUTE,POPULAR, STYLISH CLOGS-GREAT FOR ANY SEASON!!"

Xhileration sz 6.5 girls jrs womens clogs all season

on the bottom picture, there are a couple of loose threads hanging... use some nail clippers to trim them back, make them more presentable (then retake pics)

as to the description, mention the material they are made from, mention that they are sturdy construction with rivets, mention the little turquoise bead / button on the top. and to the sides of the main button.

mention the soft wool like interior for added foot comfort.

"LANDS' END FOOTBALL SLIPPERS,SZ 7,NEW!VERY CUTE!! L@@K!"

lands end slippers sz 7 football new blue red

if you search on ebay,

lands end gives 5000+ returns...

land's end give only about 600 returns..

always search your search terms to get maximum usage of spelling etc.

and as you can see, extra punctuation can kill you...

for the description for that item...

change the colors, the blue on green text is VERY hard to read....

"GORGEOUS WHITE FUR LINED DOWN COAT,M,BRAND NEW W/TAGS!!"

JJ Basics Nordic White coat Med faux fur trimmed NWT

use faux because the fur isnt real fur... the label indicates acrylic decoration...

pictures are very yellow except the first one... again, better lighting
mention the contents (as shown on tag)

again use bullet points, also mention that it has a hood

do some general research to learn the name / technical terms for parts of clothing... it will help your sales.

"VALENTINES GRLS BERET HAT W/RHINESTONE HEART&PURSE INCL"

Beret hat rhinestone heart girls w purse you go girl

in your auction terms...

"Payment required within 3 days of auction end."

take it out... ebay gives 7 days for the buyer to pay, you cannot set terms like this. the only thing you CAN do, is to require immediate payment upon purchase (its a setting (check box) in turbo lister and i think in the sell your item form)

also remove this stuff...

" If payment is not made within 3 days of auction end and there is no contact made with buyer we will refer the issue to Ebay for nonpayment."

again, 7 days PER ebay...

on your templates... try to limit the width... i have a widescreen monitor and i have to scroll left / right to see the entire description... limit it to say 900pixels (in the table command, set width from 100% to 900)

OSH KOSHB'GOSH CAMOUFLAGE SHOES, SZ 7,NEW! CUTE!! L@@K!

OshKosh shoes sz toddler 7m green camoflage

Osh Kosh or OshKosh, either turn up the same for search terms... but bgosh gives 33 and b'gosh gives 336.... so this time, the apostrophie helps...
but.. your best bet is to just use oshkosh.... as that search term gives like 4000 results...

for titles in general...

you have 55 characters you can use for your titles... maximize them... leave out the / , and such as words/seperated/like/this can appear as one giant word, not as several searchable terms. put the most important words to the front, like brand and size and such.

pics for the camo shoes...

the 2nd and 3rd are blurry.
the 6th picture shoes junk / garbage in the treads... clean them out...

in general, when dealing with cloths, clean them well, truly inspect it all. remove extraneous threads, remove stuff from crevices etc. and then make sure to mention any wear, tear, stains etc. (if you dont, you will regret it when you get a particularly particular (read as anal...eheheh) customer...

terms...

"All sales are final. "

if you are accepting paypal, this is not true, the buyer can file a SNAD (signifigantly not as described) or other type of complaint and you will be forced to take a return.)

"We will ship within one business day of end of sale, unless there are unavoidable circumstances (sickness, death, etc), and even then we will try to have a back-up seller to tend to business."

change to

We try to ship within one business day of payment

kill that stuff about death and dismemberment, and the backup seller stuff too....

also you hvae the 3 day payment stuff here too.

i would remove it from all of your auctions.

you might want to move your about us stuff to a "me" page
i.e. create a "me" page, see the "me" link next to my user id? click it, make one of them.

put other stuff in there too, like general shipping info, general terms of sale etc, (always good to have backup info)

use it to explain more about you, your family, why you sell etc.

as to a store, they are pretty cheap, 16$ / month, and it allows you to put up items (under 25$ for like 3 cents for 30 days) sort of like the fixed price in core for 30 cents for 30 days

and items for over 25% for like 5 cents or so... click help in the upper right, then search seller fees and do some research.

and when researching your items in general, dont research just oshkosh, research oshkosh shoes try to narrow your searches....

also... try researching like you were trying to buy yourself....

so i hope some of this helps you and others.

im not trying to be mean or anything, just giving you an overall review of your items.

michael
chippies logo
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to auntiejj2007
You can search engine for mail lists. Go to online classifieds. Find some new suppliers for new items.

See my store Archive's Oddities @ TheTrader Outlet .com
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
shortnonfatlatte
Community Member

in reply to auntiejj2007
How do I find new suppliers?
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to auntiejj2007
I have only sold on eBay twice (years ago) but after reading your advice, I might try again.

Thanks for this wealth of knowledge :-x
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to auntiejj2007
i have been find a good product ,it easy to sale. it maybe suit for you?

http://cn.commerce.com.tw/modules.php?modules=company&action=company_inside&ID=E0178311
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to auntiejj2007
Just my 2 cents ..

The new eBay search may affect the visibility of your items. Listings now appear with "Best Match" and is based on-
Number of recent sales.
Keyword relevance
DSR
Item price
Free postage.

Number of recent sales
If you have more of a similar items, and if it is selling well, then it would appears high up in Best Match.
If you sell unique item, then this does not work for you.
I think that it is good to have a mix of unique items and multiple quantity of the same item.

Also in the Best Match, the recent sales score will be reset to 0 when you relist if you-
Change the category
Change the title
Change the condition.

You should test out the above and see if you notice any difference.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to auntiejj2007
Wow
I'm new to ebay and sellin
Thanks for all the Great Info.

bye C.S.
Please use plain text.