cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't give feedback to sellers until they give it to you.......

Time and time again, I buy something on Ebay, I pay immediately with PayPal, and the seller does not give me any feedback until after I leave it for him first.

This is agains Ebay policy I am almost sure. A bit ago Ebay changed policy so sellers could not leave "retalitory" feedback, that is giving a buyer bad feedback who paid quickly, just because they gave well-deserved bad feedback for a good reason.

This ruined the feedback system for ebay, making it useless.

Now, apparently most sellers simply hold off on giving feedback as long as possible. Are they hoping the buyer gets tired of waiting? Are they hoping the buyer simply slips up and leaves it before they are supposed to?

Whatever the reason, there is no GOOD one for not leaving positive feedback for a buyer that pays lightning fast with PayPal. The buyers job is done at that point, and done very well.

Then it is up to the SELLER to pack the item well, ship it promptly, and have the item be as described in the auction.

If the seller screws up or sells something that is not as advertised, then they damn well deserve bad feedback so that the next buyer can be informed of the bad apple.

So in a nutshell, if you are a buyer on ebay, lets start holding that feedback back until the seller does what they are supposed to for a prompt-paying customer. And if they do not leave feedback, lets report them to Ebay so the feedback system is not compromised as it once was, and so buyers can be properly informed of a sellers performance when they are shopping.

Thanks
Message 1 of 425
latest reply
424 REPLIES 424

Re: THAT IS WHY YOU ARE ZERO FEEDBACK AS YOUR ONLY CONCERN IS...

Sorry, but you are wrong on this one. She bought it on her friends account and requested an invoice. Then she bought it on her account. This can, and does created double final value fees. You do not have to relist a buy it now for it to sell twice but only paid for once. Look up the new rules. All BIN products will remain available until buyer has paid. Therefore, it is possible. Rare, but possible. I bend over backwards for every one of my customers. I have had to file unpaid buyer items before a buyer will pay. These are the ones that actually leave feedback, and it is positive. I always communicate with my buyers after a sale has been completed, I update them on shipping, and if their package does not show as delivered when I think it should (I pay for priority, nda, or 2nd day) I ask if they have received it. In one case I had to open a claim with USPS to get a package delivered. At first feedback was a priority for me...now, not so much. I have what I needed to move past the new seller requirements. I still deliver the same quality item, with the same free quality shipping, I do not add shipping and handling, or packaging costs in the price of my items, and I still let my buyers know that I am still working on my end to ensure they have a positive buying experience. Even the difficult customers get the best from me. Except for the dummy account. But that's a different story.  I price my items at what I think they are worth. If a buyer does not agree, they can go elsewhere. I run a store...not a flea market. All of my items are new with tags from high end retail stores. I am moving towards selling my own items in my own estore outside of ebay. At this point I could care less if a buyer left me feedback. I'm going to leave it when payment is made. Buyers not leaving me feedback means I stay at 100% positive with all DSR at 5. If the send me a message thanking me, and letting me know they are pleased with their item, that's good enough for me. 

Message 151 of 425
latest reply

It was the invoice that triggered the fvf on the friends account
Message 152 of 425
latest reply

@mrobind42 wrote:

Sorry, but you are wrong on this one. She bought it on her friends account and requested an invoice. Then she bought it on her account. This can, and does created double final value fees. You do not have to relist a buy it now for it to sell twice but only paid for once. Look up the new rules. All BIN products will remain available until buyer has paid. Therefore, it is possible.

You can't send an invoice until there's a transaction, i.e. a purchase that prevents others from buying that same item. If the item had the "Immediate Payment Required" option, it wasn't "bought" if they didn't pay for it, even if they started the process to buy it (i.e. by hitting the BIN button). "Remaining available" means that there hasn't yet been a transaction, therefore there hasn't yet been an FVF charged.

A BIN cannot generate two FVF's unless you listed it twice, or you listed it with a quantity of 2 or more. What was the item # of this item that supposedly generated two FVF's from the same listing?

Message 153 of 425
latest reply

I have had many people leave negative feedback that was completely unwarranted, usually due to lack of education and not being able to read properly. When you put in bold letters that the item you are selling does not work and will need repair and then some idiot buys it and upon recieving it puts negative feedback saying item as not described, that deserves a form of retaliation, no? Of course eBay and PayPal both will side with the buyer 99% of the time, so it is very frustrating when you report this person and you get nowhere. If a seller could leave negative feedback it would at least even the playing field, in the sense that if you are dumb and can not read, then that should be relayed to the public who read the feedback.

Message 154 of 425
latest reply

@gossamer13 wrote:

I have had many people leave negative feedback that was completely unwarranted, usually due to lack of education and not being able to read properly. When you put in bold letters that the item you are selling does not work and will need repair and then some idiot buys it and upon recieving it puts negative feedback saying item as not described, that deserves a form of retaliation, no? Of course eBay and PayPal both will side with the buyer 99% of the time, so it is very frustrating when you report this person and you get nowhere. If a seller could leave negative feedback it would at least even the playing field, in the sense that if you are dumb and can not read, then that should be relayed to the public who read the feedback.

When you listed those non-working items, what "condition" did you select?

And no, sellers leaving negs would not level the playing field, because you can't auto-block people based on their feedback.

Message 155 of 425
latest reply

Why wouldnt a buyer read a email from the seller who they just purchased a item from??? Yeah just ignored an email from a buyer that i just purchased something from. Smh Like I said, I think I am doing my part as a seller. I make it clear that once they received and if everthing is fine leave me a feedback.....What are they scare I may leave them a negative feedback.....

Message 156 of 425
latest reply

@dazz_887 wrote:

Why wouldnt a buyer read a email from the seller who they just purchased a item from??? Yeah just ignored an email from a buyer that i just purchased something from. Smh Like I said, I think I am doing my part as a seller. I make it clear that once they received and if everthing is fine leave me a feedback.....What are they scare I may leave them a negative feedback.....

Feedback is VOLUNTARY. What part of that don't you understand?

And no, buyers aren't scared you'll leave a neg. Unlike you, they know it's impossible for you to leave them a neg.

Message 157 of 425
latest reply

What so seller can't leave a neg feedback on a buyer?????? what is this world coming to.....unreal.
Message 158 of 425
latest reply

@dazz_887 wrote:
What so seller can't leave a neg feedback on a buyer?????? what is this world coming to.....unreal.

Since May, 2008. That's nearly six years, with you not having a clue about it. Try to keep up.

Message 159 of 425
latest reply

Any other tips dad

Message 160 of 425
latest reply

@dazz_887 wrote:

Any other tips dad

Don't play in traffic.

Message 161 of 425
latest reply

For a guy thats know the ins and outs of ebay  ....You have how many feedback????????????...................ZERO............. SMH

Message 162 of 425
latest reply

@dazz_887 wrote:

For a guy thats know the ins and outs of ebay  ....You have how many feedback????????????...................ZERO............. SMH

You really want to dig the hole deeper? Posting ID.

There are plenty of actual zero-feedbackers who know more than you do.

Message 163 of 425
latest reply

@mrobind42 wrote:

As a buyer, I feel your pain...however, feedback that is not left for a buyer doesn't negatively affect the buyer. Sellers are not allowed to leave bad feedback for a buyer...even if the buyer tries to scam the seller. 

As a seller, your post is offensive in ways. I agree with you that if a buyer purchases an item, or wins an auction, and pays immediately the seller should leave positive feedback about the quick payment. But look at the other side...buyers who do not leave feedback. I have been a seller since October of 2013, have sold 88 items. Do you know how many of my buyers have left me feedback? 52. Feedback is extremely important to sellers...especially new sellers. You have to have 25 seller feedback to have the restrictions lifted from your account, have your listing limits raised, etc. And according to ebay....you cannot make a buyer leave you feedback, you can only ask them to. Which is exactly what I had to do until I reached 25. I sent out at least 40 requests for feedback. So buyers....leave your sellers feedback. I ship same day, except weekends and holidays, I protect my items from damage during shipping (there is a learning curve there), I provide free shipping, and I ship fast. Go to my profile and check feedback left for me as a seller vs feedback I have left. Then readjust your anger towards the sellers who do not leave feedback...not all sellers are that way.

Just wanted to mention...all of those stats aren't accurate for every seller's account. I had all of those restrictions lifted well before I reached a seller feedback score of 25 on this account.

Here's what I put in my listing now when selling:

* I wait for buyers to leave feedback first in case there’s a problem with the transaction, and ALWAYS leave positive feedback for buyers who leave positive feedback for me.

* If there’s any problem with this transaction please contact me before leaving feedback and I’ll do my absolute best to resolve it.

But, I still get slackers who don't understand or care about the importance of feedback.

Message 165 of 425
latest reply