cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What kind of reasonable gift do you want for Christmas?

What kind of reasonable gift do you want for Christmas?  This is not about better sells, fewer returns, etc. 

As for me:  I want a trailer hitch for my van,  miss not having one.   I had a trailer hitch on my other van which allowed me to use my trailer.  

Message 1 of 55
latest reply
54 REPLIES 54

a buyer for y house would be good

Message 2 of 55
latest reply

my

Message 3 of 55
latest reply

One of those potted orchids from the grocery store. They last for weeks and cost $15 or less.  I will enjoy that more than getting something I won't use and will feel guilty about trying to sell on Ebay.

Message 4 of 55
latest reply

Anything Coca-Cola new, used, vintage does not matter to me.

Message 5 of 55
latest reply

One of those really fancy and kind of expensive squirrel-proof bird feeders. They're around $100 or so--too much for me to justify spending on a bird feeder myself, but as a gift . . . sure!
Message 6 of 55
latest reply

My family to get along. Not sure if that's "reasonable" though wink

Message 7 of 55
latest reply

Unfortunately that gift has already been sold out & is out of stock.

Please make an alternate selection.

Message 8 of 55
latest reply

pburn - Have you tried putting a baffles on the pole of the bird feeder?  Those really work.  And, of course, moving it away from flying leap distance from tree branches.

We've spent zillions trying to desquirrel the feeders (now, if anyone has an idea on how to keep the deer from licking them empty...) and one that works that doesn't cost a lot is the long skinny one with about 4-6 little wire perches.  The perches are on spring mechanisms and the squirrels are too heavy for them.  It's also fun to see the birds fight over/stand in line for a turn - note bird below waiting on the top.  Never found a limb-hanging feeder, even with baffle, that could defeat a squirrel except for this one.

We enjoy the crazy birds (so does the cat, from the windows) that we I finally got a long pole with baffle that holds 3 feeders.  Also has a very large baffle above the 3 feeders  (not shown in example below) so we could get a feeder for bigger birds. It's expensive.  Still had to move it far away from the trees and from our favorite viewing spot next to the porch because the squirrels would climb down the screens and then make the leap to the feeders.  Nothing like enjoying newspaper and coffee on the porch in the morning and watching a squirrel slowly work its way down, head first, to about 3' from your face.  (Oh look, it's a boy.)

Image 1

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 9 of 55
latest reply

I need a watch.  My last one quit working after 2 years.  My jeweler claims all watch mechanisms are poorly made now, as there is little demand for watches.  I am not someone who has my cell phone out every minute.

Message 10 of 55
latest reply

Hurmpf!  That one's been Out Of Stock forever!  Glad for those who got it when it was around, though.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 11 of 55
latest reply

I really want to be able to attend my friend's wedding.

She's getting married in Pennsylvania in December (brr) ... I'm in Florida.

She and I have been friends from the cradle ... she flew out to Vegas to be my Maid of Honor.

She has not had an easy time in life and I am soooo happy to see her happy with this man ... she deserves it so much.

So, please Santa ... some extra cash for a plane ticket and hotel (doesn't have to be fancy) would be super.

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 12 of 55
latest reply

Fix my truck
Message 13 of 55
latest reply

I love that you put "reasonable" gift.

I've seen Secret Santa situations where extensive work is put into a list that spans pages.  A real turn off.  One gift was to be bought, not a sleighful, LOL.  All those things wouldn't fit in a stocking; they wanted to hang up panty hose!

I hope that people's mindsets are less negative.  It  becomes a poison within them, and I feel sorry for them.

Message 14 of 55
latest reply

Wow, wow, wow! What great ideas! One issue I need to overcome is the fact that I have a very small city lot (not even big enough to legally rebuild on if it were to burn up or blow away). Couple that with huge, old trees--one of which is a walnut tree and oaks on surrounding properties--and it spells s-q-u-i-r-r-e-l c-e-n-t-r-a-l. I can't find a spot in my landscape that isn't leaping distance from a tree/branch or potting shed or house.

I've been "researching" (which is a little overblown for what I've really been doing--looking at internet sites is hardly "research") at Brome and Droll Yankees brands, and all kinds of both purchased and DIY baffles: Slinkys, liter soda bottles, fishing line, etc. Do you suppose razor wire would work? LOL!
Message 15 of 55
latest reply