cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well, I think today is the day

My Max is in distress, having trouble breathing. He’s old, got dementia, soft trachea and heart trouble. We have made the decision to end his suffering a bunch of times but just couldn’t go through with it but I think it’s time. We are going to the ER vet today.

DH had a mild heart episode yesterday and went to hospital but he’s ok. His new doc changed his meds and nearly killed him.

You all know how much I love my dogs so this is really hard. I hope he will come home today but I fear he won’t. If you don’t know, he’s a 14 year old yorkie. Blind and deaf along with the other issues. God, I hate this. Please say a prayer that he will come home or at least that I will have the strength to do whatever is right for him.

I know you all are tired of hearing about my dogs but they are really all I have now. They keep me company, they love me no matter what, they don’t get mad at me or ask for things I can’t afford. If you’re an animal lover you’ll understand. I’m the crazy dog lady on my street.

Thank you all!

💔💔💔💔💔

Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@mg152 

< but I think it’s time >   

Patricia, I'm so sorry to learn about Max.  I'm confident that you will do what's right, with the advice of his vet.  I know how you feel.  It took me a long time to come to grips when my cat, Bosco the Chocolate Bear, got run over in the street.  I said come to grips, because I think you never actually get over it.  God bless you, and good luck. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Patricia, sometimes we just know it’s time but it doesn’t get any easier. We had to put our Bubba a 7 year old Maltese down 4 years ago. His liver quit working. Hardest thing I ever had to do. I’m sitting here with tears for both Max and Bubba. Good luck. Brenda

Message 3 of 3
latest reply