cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trump cracks down on counterfeit e-commerce goods.

So far it is not a law or official action but it at least shows that they are aware of the problem.

QUOTE: The agency's investigators purchased brand name products from third-party vendors on sites such as Amazon, Walmart.com, Sears, Newegg.com and eBay and found 40 percent of the goods were fake.

UNQUOTE

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/03/trump-to-sign-measure-to-crack-down-on-fake-goods-sold-online.html

Yes, the link says "to sign" but according to my local newspaper he has actually already signed it.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Trump cracks down on counterfeit e-commerce goods.

I saw those reports, and ebay's insistence they don't support the sale of counterfeit goods is hard to imagine. Me and my friend both have stores and both sell games here, and are stuck constantly trying to compete with the counterfeiters from China. If you report them, ebay doesn't care.

ebay even promotes their sale. Look at this picture below. More than half of those promoted listings are counterfeits. The multi carts are bootlegs loaded with copyrighted game roms; none of which are licensed for sale in this manner by game publishers.

As for the Conkers Bad Fur Day game, it hasn't been manufactured in decades, its a rare game, and there's somehow magically a ton of brand new copies available, all right out of China? I noticed the U.S sellers are actually buying these bogus games and reselling them.

Its mostly the Nintendo and older Sega consoles that are counterfeited the most. Its the whole reason I try to avoid Nintendo related stuff.

Meanwhile, the legit game dealers lose tons of sales because they can't compete with the prices from counterfeiters. "482 Games in 1", essentially thousands of dollars of games for $20? Definitely not legit.

bogus-games-on-ebay.png

Message 2 of 2
latest reply