cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller is blackmailing me!

I'm completely stumped on what to do with this seller.

The seller sent me a defective item, so I negotiated to have a refund and he said he would cover my shipping fee back to him.

I sent my item back, and he didn't refund me and ignored my messages so I opened a Paypal dispute to force him to pay. He's refunded the Paypal transaction so the dispute has been closed.

However, he still hasn't refunded my shipping fee back to him. I paid this in person at my local post office so Paypal can't help me get my money back. I've messaged the seller and he said that he will refund me the shipping ONLY if I change my feedback for him to be positive.

This is absolutely ridiculous. His service is poor and his item was completely different from what he described it as, so I don't want to lie to potential buyers by changing my feedback.

He's basically blackmailing me: if I want my money back, I have to lie to help him save his seller reputation. Surely this isn't allowed? What can I do about this?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Tell this person this refund me first  then I will change the feedback let him refund you and do not change it reoprt any ebay mails theres a link in every one on your right.  you do relize that if you change the feedback before they refund you they never will. either do that or leave it alone your out postage and move on. your choice.

Life Is A One Time Offer,
Use It Well.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

You should call eBay and report him now. He has stated he will give you the refund he said he would before if you change feedback. That is against eBay rules. That pendulum swings both ways.

That being said, this is EXACTLY why I make the seller send me a label FIRST before I return an item. Because I never have buyers remorse and only request a return/refund for defective or not as described items, that is what's right. Never do I try to keep an item and get a refund but I'll be damned if I get anymore out of pocket for something not my fault.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

See how ebay seller is black mailing customers, I will not change my negative rating for this seller; if my issue is not solved then i do to media.

Hi,

The seller "wudongpo2011" has lost the item or did not send me this item. Now this seller is started black mailing me. I cannot believe the the seller of ebay is black mailing customer. If I do not get my money back then I will send this record of emails to US and UK news papers and TV channels.

Bear in mind that seller cannot force customer to give positive feed back. I will only wait this tonight.

Regards,

Attique

Copy of Sellers email is given below for your information:

New message from: wudongpo2011 (2,942Red Star)

please revise the negative feedback to a positive feedback and then we will fully refund you. i can't understand that i have told you to fully refund you ,why you still left me positive feedback??? now please revise the negative feedback to a positive feedback so that we can fully refund you

Kind regards

Message 4 of 4
latest reply