cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New All-Time Low-No Replies Needed

I have reached a new all-time low, one sale in the past 14 days, I know the cheerleaders are going to say it's my fault, my inventory, my this, my that, BLAH BLAH BLAH, & to those I say you are Very Wrong!, This has become a pitiful place to try & conduct your own business under someone else's rule of thumb!, It's really a shame, This is not the ebay I signed up with, promising to Help you build your business, Now they do everything but!, Empty Promises, Comment if you want, I may not comment back, What I do know is when it is time to renew my store,I will not, & In fact I may just shut down completely & box it all up & take a nice long Hiatus from this Maniacal Madness!

Message 1 of 298
latest reply
297 REPLIES 297

Re: New All-Time Low-No Replies Needed

I didn't really want to get that deep into the subject as it could turn this thread into something not intended.

I just advocate for everyone that can vote, should vote.  Whatever their beliefs are, vote.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 181 of 298
latest reply

That is generally true, but there are a small number of Hollywood movies and TV shows that are not on streaming for various reasons (usually rights issues). Nearly all instructional videos, some independent documentaries and some foreign films will never be on streaming. Some of those can be great to sell on DVD, but it takes some knowledge and experience to find and identify them efficiently.

Unfortunately, most mainstream Hollywood DVD are literally worthless, not just because they are on streaming (some people don't want to continuously pay for streaming, prefer to own their media or are afraid their favorite content will be censored/banned) but also because they are just way, way too common.  Add into a race to the bottom with players that can sell them for less than the average seller can, and it just isn't worth it.

Message 182 of 298
latest reply

To suggest anything less would be without merit because voting is a requirement in our Democracy.

The act of voting is not a requirement, it's a right and people have a choice to vote.  

The incumbent can't get voted in, but they most definitely can be voted out.  Let's be real, we're essentially running on a two party system, which leaves only one that can be voted in.

There's a lot of merit suggestive of a bigly transition: Wildwood, New Jersey, over 100,000 souls showed up, in a blue state, mind you. 

Let's go!!!

Message 183 of 298
latest reply

I just had to chime in here. I recently got confused over store-related fees. I called CS and spent a long time on the phone with a woman  who was professional, sympathetic and knowledgeable. She helped me a GREAT deal and I gave her glowing reviews. 

As for Ebay vs other sites, I recently quit Amazon. That place is the epitomy of a souless corporation that has profound contempt for small sellers.  

Message 184 of 298
latest reply

this thread has derailed big time!

Message 185 of 298
latest reply

@sextons-sweet-deals wrote:

this thread has derailed big time!

Still waiting for the...

trainwreck.gif

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 186 of 298
latest reply

@kensgiftshop wrote:

It's not just Ebay.

The other site I sell on, I had a sale the other day, first one in about a year.

People don't have the extra money to spend on things they want, they barely have the money to buy things they need.

Hopefully things will change later this year, but I don't see it getting any better for awhile.

@kensgiftshop 

True depending on the categories one sells in.  Prior to Covid I could double and triple my profit on buying at live auctions because the only competition came from those who were present.   Then Covid happened and our state shut down live auctions for almost a full year so auction companies scrambled to get set up to sell online.  Well, what that did was open up the Buyer base to the entire country and some internationally.  Now I have a hard time getting the amount of inventory I want at a price I can resell it at and a target 50% profit margin (instead of the doubling and tripling mentioned up-post). 

So if the economy was affecting my categories I would be rolling in excess inventory acquired at ridiculously low prices ... and that hasn't happened.

Now, the other thing that happened is very few of those auction houses have gone back to strictly olive auctions because they can get better prices selling online.  The whole auction industry has changed in that regard.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 187 of 298
latest reply

Yeah it really did!

Message 188 of 298
latest reply

Then why are people still traveling & paying those stupid airfare fees, spending crazy money for concerts and sporting events? 

Note: any entertainer dancing around and singing at the same time is just lip-syncing for the most part. 

I think some have lost reality. maybe they were born with the golden spoon and have no worries because they are just looking for the inheritance or play the bankruptcy game to get them out of debt. 

apps:  just means your being tracked, and your information is being sold for a profit. 

Message 189 of 298
latest reply

@cardxcraft wrote:

To suggest anything less would be without merit because voting is a requirement in our Democracy.

The act of voting is not a requirement, it's a right and people have a choice to vote.  

The incumbent can't get voted in, but they most definitely can be voted out.  Let's be real, we're essentially running on a two party system, which leaves only one that can be voted in.

There's a lot of merit suggestive of a bigly transition: Wildwood, New Jersey, over 100,000 souls showed up, in a blue state, mind you. 

Let's go!!!

Interesting.  What is the legal penalty to someone that chooses not to vote?  I 've been around a good number of years and I've never known that it was a "requirement" to vote.  Then you contradict what your first statement says in you second sentence.

How is that even possible.  Why can't the incumbent be voted in?  His term as POTUS is running out, so if he is to serve another term, it is required that voters vote that way.  How does that work, they can be voted out but they can't be voted in?  Does that mean that even if the incumbent is voted to have a second Presidential term, that it won't be legal in some way?

One of your statement reads "Let's be real, we're essentially running on a two party system, which leaves only one that can be voted in."  What does this mean?  That you believe that out of the two main candidates for President, the votes for one of the two candidates are the only votes that count?  If that is the case, then you don't believe in a Democracy at all.

I think most people are aware that we have been in a two party [main parties] system.  I don't think anyone would be surprised by that nor has it been argued that we aren't.

We all get to vote [if we qualify] and ALL our votes count, not just votes for one candidate over another.

Message 190 of 298
latest reply

@meme6253 wrote:

Yeah it really did!

A couple of posts does not = being derailed.

But then why would it be important as you asked no one to post in the first place, so what does it matter?

Message 191 of 298
latest reply

Are we at the cat photos stage yet? I mean, we've got all of this real estate, we may as well use it.

catcat.gif

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 192 of 298
latest reply

All I can say is Throttling is very real and very disheartening.  Ever notice how you can have a big sale day and then a couple days of low to nothing sales after?  That's because you exceeded your daily and most likely weekly limit.  You won't notice a "re balancing" until after your "allowed limitation" lowers again. 

I find this very disheartening because it really does take all the fun out of a "big win" day.  Instead of allowing you to continue earning your "big win" day is only averaged out by a few "low win" days.

I really hate this practice and will continue to BEG ebay to stop it.  Please allow me to earn!  I NEED TO GROW MY BUSINESS!!  I need that incentive to continue buying and listing.  PLEASE ALLOW ME TO EXPAND AND GROW!  ALL of us!

Message 193 of 298
latest reply

@jasoheat_0 wrote:

yeah its pretty bad right now , i am down over 80% this month so far , compared to the same time last years , last month i was down well over 40% , something happened the beginning of march and has not returned ... I sell a lot locally  now, in fact i am now ending more listings on ebay( due to selling it locally ) then selling on ebay , list in many places ( including ebay as i get a sale every 3to 4 days now ), its time to adjust ..there are many platforms to choose from these days , my feeling is if it sells quicker else where , ebay missed out .... times are changing ... good luck 

I'm pretty sure a lot of people found out they owed the IRS this year or got a lower than expected return.  It's been slow and painful since Mid April.

Message 194 of 298
latest reply

@movieman630 wrote:

All I can say is Throttling is very real and very disheartening.  Ever notice how you can have a big sale day and then a couple days of low to nothing sales after?

It's not "throttling," the exact same thing happens all the time in B&M retail. It's not unusual for my B&M job to have a $12,000 sales day followed by a $3,000 day. Sales constantly fluctuate depending on who comes into the store that day and what they decide to buy.

Message 195 of 298
latest reply