cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOL

amazon is now collecting a tax for the fee they charge to collect the sales tax. thats an infinite loop you are all now officially slaves to big government

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

LOL

Amazon was supporting the Marketplace fairness act" So no we know why?
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

LOL

Whah ha ha. I don't know, I've been thinking? These three big sites are getting a bit to slippery, if you ask me.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

LOL

@grasshopperx wrote:

I don't know, I've been thinking? These three big sites are getting a bit to slippery, if you ask me.

It is a bit more complicated than reported above.  Some states consider electronic services taxable and since Amaz has fulfillment centers (FBA) so they have several different areas the states want taxes collected (all kinds of different shipping services, bubble wrapping, gift wrappings, buying shipping labels). 

Amaz said they would not charge the sellers anything extra and that you might see new tax areas on your billing but the fees are all still the same. 

There are a few areas just selling on Amaz and or eBay that is also taxable now where it was not before.  Things like subscriptions (eBay stores, third party apps, etc).  It will be interesting to see how eBay handles this?

This also explains in part why paypal has made some changes to there user agreement in recent weeks.  Incoming electronic payments are now taxable and refunds amounts are taxable (electronic services).

Good Luck Selling!

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

LOL

Yes, in some states retailers are allowed to keep a portion of sales taxes for serving as agents of the state.  That's not exactly a new development.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

LOL

@forgottenape wrote:

amazon is now collecting a tax for the fee they charge to collect the sales tax. thats an infinite loop you are all now officially slaves to big government

AH HA!  A new 'Industry Standard' looms upon the horizon!

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

LOL

@gracieallen01 wrote:

@forgottenape wrote:

AH HA!  A new 'Industry Standard' looms upon the horizon!

The states are fighting back against ecomerce in an attempt to get B&M businesses back in there states.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

LOL

@goodluckselling wrote:

@grasshopperx wrote:

I don't know, I've been thinking? These three big sites are getting a bit to slippery, if you ask me.

It is a bit more complicated than reported above.  Some states consider electronic services taxable and since Amaz has fulfillment centers (FBA) so they have several different areas the states want taxes collected (all kinds of different shipping services, bubble wrapping, gift wrappings, buying shipping labels). 

Amaz said they would not charge the sellers anything extra and that you might see new tax areas on your billing but the fees are all still the same. 

There are a few areas just selling on Amaz and or eBay that is also taxable now where it was not before.  Things like subscriptions (eBay stores, third party apps, etc).  It will be interesting to see how eBay handles this?

This also explains in part why paypal has made some changes to there user agreement in recent weeks.  Incoming electronic payments are now taxable and refunds amounts are taxable (electronic services).

Good Luck Selling!

that makes me laugh more. your defending an absurd tax. they are taxing the way you pay for your tax......there is no end to it.........thats hitch hikers guide to the galaxy funny

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

LOL

@forgottenape wrote:

@goodluckselling wrote:

@grasshopperx wrote:

Good Luck Selling!

that makes me laugh more. your defending an absurd tax. they are taxing the way you pay for your tax......there is no end to it.........thats hitch hikers guide to the galaxy funny

Can you show me where I was supporting the new tax?  I was helping you out by giving the details since you forgot to explain what it is.  

Good Luck Selling!

Message 9 of 9
latest reply