cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I own a cursed item

Long story as to how I bumped into this person, but ... I did.

I walked into a fast food restaurant in a large city here in the US.  There was a family of four sitting at the table next to us.IMG_0368.jpgIMG_0369.jpg

The older woman jumped when I sat down (I was less than arms length away from her).  She looked at me funny.  I ignored her.

She leaned over and said in a heavy (what I thought) was a British accent.  Cockney I thought.  Heavy. 

She said something and I said, "Pardon me".  A younger person across from her said, "She wants to know what you have on your person that is cursed."

I didn't know what to say.

"There is some item on your body that is hexed.  It has bad magic.  She can feel it, I can too."

I asked what it is.   Nobody knew.  I emptied my pockets on the table.  She instantly bumped the key ring I keep the office lock codes on.  "this one"   She almost whispered.  The old woman was mumbling something and rocking slowly.

"This ... right here.  Never put a key on this ring.  Anything that is attached to this object will pick up some of the bad ... it will be ruined.   Don't use this.  Don't carry it with you.  Best to throw it in a deep body of water."

I asked "How do you know this?"  She said, "She" nodding toward the old lady "is a Pagan witch.  A Irish-Gaelic priestess.  She knows these things.  I have some abilities here, and I can feel it ... but, she felt it as soon as you walked in.  She didn't know it was you till you sat down here."

The old lady started to stand up.  She looked at me like I farted in church.  And they left.

So ... is there a market for cursed items?  

This is a religious item, pix of The Virgin Mary.  Obviously old, gold plate that the plate is wearing off.  Well worn.  

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

I own a cursed item

So you bumped in to Hillery Clinton and Nancy Pelozi? They probably were looking for a donation is all....

Message 2 of 38
latest reply

I own a cursed item

Omg 😆 that's hilarious 🤣 

Message 3 of 38
latest reply

I own a cursed item

I had a cursed item I sold here once. I bought it at an estate sale and was told there was a curse on it. It was a sterling silver,very vintage charm of the famous Dionne quintuplets sitting in their carriage.The curse was that anybody that carried it would have bad luck because of the quints sad, tragic, lives. I must admit I felt a little uncomfortable when I brought it home. But when it sold for a hundred dollars here on Ebay, I felt a lot better.And yes, I did mention the curse.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 4 of 38
latest reply

I own a cursed item

@chariot_badges wrote:

I asked what it is.   Nobody knew.  I emptied my pockets on the table.  She instantly bumped the key ring I keep the office lock codes on.

Right - because it was a recognizably religious souvenir that they could use as the basis for a mountain of semi-religious twaddle to follow. They would have had a tougher row to hoe if all you had in your pockets was 28 cents and a condom.

@chariot_badges wrote:

"This ... right here.  Never put a key on this ring.  Anything that is attached to this object will pick up some of the bad ... it will be ruined.   Don't use this.  Don't carry it with you.  Best to throw it in a deep body of water."

Because of course evil spirits are air-breathing and can be drowned in water. You could have asked whether a good soak of an hour or more would be sufficient. After a suitable waiting period you could then fish out your key ring and carry on with your life.

@chariot_badges wrote:

So ... is there a market for cursed items?  

Certainly - people believe all kinds of silliness. What I think may have happened in your case was that you did not look sufficiently convinced by 'grandma's' story to the point that you would have volunteered money or some other item of value if they had continued. Thus they decided to cut their losses and move on to find someone more credulous (or gullible) than yourself.

Message 5 of 38
latest reply

I own a cursed item

Maybe it was just the fart. Just saying

Message 6 of 38
latest reply

I own a cursed item

Marie Catherine Laveau may have been interested. 

Message 7 of 38
latest reply

I own a cursed item

So you bumped in to Hillery Clinton and Nancy Pelozi? They probably were looking for a donation is all....

laugh.jpg

Message 8 of 38
latest reply

I own a cursed item

I am not sure why you would think they need any money, I believe that DONALD is the one in dire straits when it comes to money. Or haven't you noticed??

Message 9 of 38
latest reply

I own a cursed item

@moretreasures4you wrote:

I am not sure why you would think they need any money, I believe that DONALD is the one in dire straits when it comes to money. Or haven't you noticed??

It's an obsession with some people. 🤣

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 10 of 38
latest reply

I own a cursed item

If you are seriously asking this question and want to keep it, I would bring it to a Catholic Priest and have them say a blessing prayer over it and dunk it in holy water.

You can always reach out to the people running the Warren Museum in CT. Here's their contact info. 

http://www.warrens.net/index.html   (317) 767-1361. They have a building full of cursed objects. BTW, this should only have 3 figures in it... two angels and the baby Jesus.

Having had experiences I would rather not have had, nor will i discuss, I would get it as far away from you as you can and don't make it someone else's problem. Burning it is a very, very, bad idea. Good luck to you! 
Message 11 of 38
latest reply

I own a cursed item

There is zero evidence to support this, or any item is "cursed." Ignore it, and move on. 

Message 12 of 38
latest reply

I own a cursed item

Well, he is selling Bibles now.

Message 13 of 38
latest reply

I own a cursed item

"I emptied my pockets on the table."

Did you count your change when you left?

Message 14 of 38
latest reply

I own a cursed item

@toysaver wrote:

"I emptied my pockets on the table."

Did you count your change when you left?

I was thinking something similar... they probably would have preferred that you pull out your wallet first. Then they could have come up with some sort of claptrap about cursed currency. But once they saw the religious key ring they may have interpreted that as signifying that the owner might respond more to some story about that instead.

I get the impression that the conversation was not really going the way they had hoped for whatever reason - either the OP was acting really skeptical or maybe they were drawing too much attention from others in the fast food restaurant.

Message 15 of 38
latest reply