cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't leave negative feedback???

dmc06041969
Thrill-Seeker

I have buyers that never pay and never communicate.  When I go to leave feedback, all I know get are the choices of "positive" or "I'll leave feedback later".  Why can't I leave negative feedback anymore?

Message 1 of 691
latest reply
690 REPLIES 690

kasablanka7
Enthusiast

Looks like we all on the same boat. We all people and we all will have compliance at some point sometimes. However, i am very new at e-bay and considered myself very good buyer. However, things happens to all of us, and sometimes person not gonna be able to pay and sometimes someone will reap someone off its a nature of trade and its a nature of bussines overall.

Message 31 of 691
latest reply

shi_ni_ke
Enthusiast

Do you know that eBay bought PayPal in 2002? So no it really isn't conflict of interest because they are one and the same company and it is only the brand name that is different. It is no different than the CEO of Raisin Bran and Grapenuts being the same person.

Message 32 of 691
latest reply

EBay made its mind easy... Who is bringing the cash?? The buyer...
Articles are abundant, cash scarce. eBay is not craiglist anymore.
Message 33 of 691
latest reply

I filed 7 unpaided claims this week....4 sellers never responded to any of my emails.....to allow buyers to make a legal binding bid and for the seller not be allowed to give negative feedback is not fair.....they will continue to abuse the system until ebays makes some changes...i do not see ebay enforcing any rules....they only come up with good ideas like end of auction fees on shipping.....time to support sellers for a change.

Message 34 of 691
latest reply

Just another reason to stop using ebay.

What a waste of time.  People bid, win, then decide not to pay. I'm then stuck for a few days waiting on a non-payer.

Message 35 of 691
latest reply

I'm a new seller on Ebay.  Out 15 sales, I've had 2 non-payments.  That's a lot for only 15 sales.  I don't get why we can't leave negative feedback for the deadbeat, non-paying buyers.  It doesn't make sense.  AND, to top it off, under "Buyer Requirements", your choices to block a buyer are ridiculous.

"Have received 2 Unpaid Item strike(s) within 1 Month(s)"

This is the minimum you can select.  Why not give us a choice?  How about "Have received 1 unpaid item strike"?

"Have 4 Policy Violation report(s) within 1 Month(s)"

Again, this is the minimum you can select.

How about "Have 1 Policy Violation report......"

"Have a feedback score of -1 or lower"

And again, the minimum you can select.  How do you have a feedback score of "-1"?

This all protects the buyer.  I'm losing my Ebay enthusiasm quickly.

Message 36 of 691
latest reply

Hi,I have had two deadbeat buyer's in less than two weeks. The first one,his account is now closed by Ebay. Reason being he had three or four non=payments in less than a week. My second deadbeat has 1271 positive feedbacks! Now,he decide not to pay. I just got off the phone with Ebay. I was asking why I cannot leave negative feedback for this jerk?  I was told that,that is Ebay;s policy. I did speak to a nice woman,and she is going to bring my message to mangerment.I'm not sure that will do any good,but I think if every seller,calls Ebay with a list of there deadbeats and request that it be given to mangerment,maybe it will help. I would like to know the Ebay ID's of other seller's deadbeats. I think we as seller's should find a way to give their list out to other sellers. Any idea's? I'll let anyone who emails me a full list of my non-payers. Ebay should make some big changes. I'm not selling anything else until they do. 

Message 37 of 691
latest reply

simpletwist09
Adventurer

This is absolutely absurd.  I have a deadbeat buyer and the only option i have to leave feedback about him is to leave a POSTIVE rating but then type a negative comment.  I looked at comments other people left him,  and even though his postive rating is 100% the top two comments say "horrible ebayer, doesn't pay".  So if you were to just look at his rating you think he is a normal ebayer.

This is terrible.  Somebody bids, wins, doesn't pay, and he doesn't get a red-mark on his ebay score? I do realize ebay gives him a "Strike" or whatever, but that's not the same thing.

There is no logical reason whatsoever that we shouldn't be able to leave negatie feedback on a deadbeat buyer's account.  Stupid...just stupid.

Message 38 of 691
latest reply

This is a great idea sue them for their negative feedback along with ebay. We should get together a bunch of sellers and get a lawyer wliling to take the case. Those that dont charge until they settle. This would be historic and end to feebay!!! oh....keep dreaming lol.. But I am oopen to suggestions 🙂

Message 39 of 691
latest reply

Maybe Ebay will reconsider and let sellers leave negative/neutral again, when 100% sellers stop trying to go around the rule by leaving false positives?

Unfortunately, doesn't look like it will happen any time soon.

How about adding another DSR category for 'Satisfaction with this seller'?

When up against non-payers, file UPI cases ASAP, do the right thing for the wellbeing of you and other fellow sellers.
Message 40 of 691
latest reply

cant_stop_me_254
Enthusiast
I just found out about this today, I am so mad, buyer buys an from me I shipped it in the bubble rap packages the item is super light it weights about .40oz i worked at a post office before so i know all the all packages light stuff pretty much stay together, he sends me and email saying that the package came all ripped off item was damage as been scratch. I asked him to sent me photos he sends about four I did not see anything wrong with it, and on top of that he sends me a picture of the item thats not even the same one but he tried to cover it with his fingers i did not say anything about to him. So I reply back to him telling him sent the item back I be more then happy to ship you a new one. Here comes the fishy part He resist to return the item he says that he wants to keep it he keep on asking me to refund some of the money back. I told him I don't do full refunds and that I will replace the item and also told him that I will ship him a new one covering both shippings so he doesn't spent any money sending it back to me. I was replying just like I would reply to any other customer nice and kindly, but all his replys were pretty rude and I didn't botter to get on his level. On top of that after he wanted to keep the item and I told I will just sent you a new one he gets so mad and starts to threaten me saying that his gonna report me to eBay and that my items are not authentic and sends me back feedback and I can't do anything anything about it. I know hes going to damage the item on purposes and I will film myself opening the package for my safety. Can anyone help me out on this situation? What should I do?
Message 41 of 691
latest reply

Hi,

I have been a buyer for awhile and I pay right away or within two hours. When I receive an item I open it and go in and leave feedback right away. I am a new seller and I put tracking on every item thanks to reading this chat rooms complaints. I have found that a buyer may not answer an e-mail when you ask them if the item came safely and if they liked the item. It took one buyer four days to e-mail me and leave feedback.

E-bay sent me a e-mail asking what my views of them was. I told them most sellers are buyers on e-bay and it is unfair we can't leave negative feedback for the bad buyers.

There is no way to protect your self from bad buyers which is a shame! There will always be people that are crooks in this world. The only thing you can do is block the bad buyers from buying from you again. I am now putting free shipping and tracking on my items and insurance on some items. I just add that to the price of the item which makes it less trouble. I also am not going to leave positive feedback on a buyer until I get feedback from them. Good luck on your selling.:-)

Message 42 of 691
latest reply

I have one right now won a dvd boxset from me mailed me saying can I pay this on monday as I am away from home right now as it was 3 days I said ok 3 days comes no payment so since then I have emailed him 4 times and got nothing no payment so here a month later I still have no payment and no contact and I cannot start a  claim till the middle of next month according to ebay everytime I start a non paying bidder claim

also if you leave feedback with positive but saying they did not pay it does not really help as they can turn around and just leave you full negative feedback which hurts you more when other buyers see it

Message 43 of 691
latest reply

E-bay is protecting scumbag, deadbeat bidders and treating it’s sellers like dirt! I had a guy buy two items totaling $270,000, no payment, no communication. And I had to pay $41.00 to relist the two items and e-bay won’t refund that money, yep you heard it right, e-bay is stealing from its sellers. Furthermore since e-bay won’t allow its sellers to leave negative feedback, people have been leaving positive feedback, just so they can warn people about this person. So now when someone looks at their feedback number, without reading the feedback, they think everything is fine. E-bay’s strike enforcement policy is seriously flawed… This person has done this four times, and is still active. I am truly disgusted with e-bay and how I have been treated. This corporate culture is going to be their undoing. They may be the only game in town today, but keep abusing the people that pay your bills and see what happens tomorrow!!!!

Message 44 of 691
latest reply

I, too, have had a HUGE increase in non-paying bidders with the inability to leave anything but positive feedback for buyers. It leaves an inaccurate view of buyers and is entirly one sided. Absurd policy. I encourage any who are experiencing this to post...hoping eBay will get the message sooner than later.

Message 45 of 691
latest reply