cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't leave negative feedback???

dmc06041969
Thrill-Seeker

I have buyers that never pay and never communicate.  When I go to leave feedback, all I know get are the choices of "positive" or "I'll leave feedback later".  Why can't I leave negative feedback anymore?

Message 1 of 691
latest reply
690 REPLIES 690

Re: I can't leave negative feedback???

Actually, it's total bull**bleep** by eBay. They don't want you to be able to post neg feedback. It makes them (ebay) look bad, etc. I have a VERY nice pair of Ray Ban Clubmaster glasses frames on ebay listed for a VERY fair price and have had 4 (FOUR) non-paying bidders in a row. No communication, no payment, no nothing!!! Total waste of my time. Without being able to read the bad as well as the good about transactions, ebay is losing my business.

Message 541 of 691
latest reply

same here! ebay is going to **bleep** these days. I've had 4 non-payers in a row on the same re-listed item. they bid and just walk away from their obligations. I actually had one gal email me to tell me that just as soon as she gets the money for her winning bid, she'll "try to send it to me." **bleep**? ebay is fastly turning into noWay as far as I'm concerned.

Message 542 of 691
latest reply

agree. so unfair.

i had buyer asking to pay on her payday and i agreed and waited.

then no response/payment at all  on the date she promised to pay.

sellers should have right to leave negative feedback to irresponsible bidders.

Message 543 of 691
latest reply

Non  paying bidder from Canada.  Sent payment reminder, and filed non payment 48 hours and a min.  Buyer has not responded to emails or communicated.  Item had a guaranted price from eBay upon selling (eBay guarantees item will sell for this much)

i think this system is ridiculous.  It's easy to sell stuff on Amazon

Message 544 of 691
latest reply

Couple year's late, but was that reply even in English??

Message 545 of 691
latest reply

Yup, eBay sucks like Electrolux for sellers. I got scammed by a buyer, ebay even admitted as much and I still weren’t avle to give negative FB. Never selling on eBay again. It’s become a greedy, greedy firm with no long term commitment to it’s clients. Sad that some people have to work for a firm like eBay 😞
Message 546 of 691
latest reply

you sound like an angry little man

Message 547 of 691
latest reply

ANYMORE?  when is the last time you were able too>  you maust not have had a sale in years and years....

@dmc06041969 wrote:

I have buyers that never pay and never communicate.  When I go to leave feedback, all I know get are the choices of "positive" or "I'll leave feedback later".  Why can't I leave negative feedback anymore?

Message 548 of 691
latest reply

You will always find some jokers that will defend eBay's policy's FULL STOP, no matter HOW crazy, but at this precise moment in time, the bone of contention is Leaving negative feedback....for buyers.

It's been a few years now, since SOME Muppet came up with the Smart A** idea to protect the buyer at all costs, and prevent anything OTHER than them receiving positive feedback from sellers.

I liken the feedback system to a football match, where the buyers goal is either BRICKED up, or not even in the same Stadium, Oh yes eBay...well done. Is it ANY surprise so many scumbag buyers get to keep a near perfect 100% feedback score?.

When I "bang on" about scammers who still boast a 100% feedback score, given they may have a retraction rate of 200+, I'm reminded that 200+ is nothing..."I've seen some with a retraction of 6,000+"  I'm told, as if to play down the problem, so...ask yourself people, how many times have YOU retracted over the past what?,  6 month's?. 

If I (as a seller) could read up on a "bidder/buyer", and noted a history of non payment, claims of items arriving damage (or not at all) or of an item NAD, even (as happens) having an item returned to the seller, that is very different to what went out?... THEN I would block that bidder, before I was sucked into doing business with them, and in so doing, not put eBay CS in a position where it felt it had NO OPTION but to stab me in the back.

Roll on Amazon auctions. Amazon's CS could/would WIPE the floor with eBay's pathetic excuse, any day of the week. 

Message 549 of 691
latest reply

eBay did their best and succeeded in make the feedback system irrelevant. Its all about money, nothing more nothing less.

Message 550 of 691
latest reply

Yes, I think a class action lawsuit is order. It is very misleading to show feedback and not to allow negative feedback. It is dishonest of Ebay and probably is illegal somehow to rig the system if favor of deadbeat sellers.
Message 551 of 691
latest reply

No buyers no Ebay?

Ummm, that is an absurd statement, since the same could be said for sellers.  If there are no sellers left on Ebay, then Ebay does not have a business any longer.

The sellers ARE the product that Ebay provides to buyers.  

Message 552 of 691
latest reply

Seriously sellers?  Since winning buyers typically end up bidding in the last second anyway, you don't even get to see the feedback before they win it.  You want to refuse delivery? Good luck...that's surely gonna leave a mark on your feedback and with ebay/PP.  And not to mention that they can easily get another id in a nano second.  Bad things happen...let it go or stick to garage sales.  Feedback for buyers is useless, whether it's bad or good, so best to try to make them happy and it will end up best for you.

I am a Bomb Technician
If you see me running, try to keep up! Photobucket

Message 553 of 691
latest reply

I have the same situation. Seems like ebay is now only protecting the buyer. I am now using other sites. Goodbye ebay.
Message 554 of 691
latest reply

I , like the rest of you, having problems with buyers who changed there mind after making me an offer. The best was a guy who just told me he thought it was for a regular truck. I was selling a miniature jack with miniature stands. The description said 1/5 scale and miniature with pics of it on my kitchen table. He bought it 5 days ago and that was his response. Time to look for other places to sell. I am on short term disability so to have this money taken away from me after a sale does hurt.
Message 555 of 691
latest reply