cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't leave negative feedback???

dmc06041969
Thrill-Seeker

I have buyers that never pay and never communicate.  When I go to leave feedback, all I know get are the choices of "positive" or "I'll leave feedback later".  Why can't I leave negative feedback anymore?

Message 1 of 691
latest reply
690 REPLIES 690

Re: I can't leave negative feedback???

This is a bad rap as a seller who pays the eBay fees for using the service not to demand responsible use of the bidding system. I just had a peurchaser back out with a feeble excuse of a mistake, but the bidding evidence says otherwise. Not only am I put out, the "winner" did not notify me for 2 days and the second highest bidder who communicated with me throughout and was genuinely interested probably had to change direction and be dissapointed through another persons extremely poor buying attitude. AND I HAVE TO PAY FEE"S so some grub can thumb their nose at others involved.

Message 361 of 691
latest reply

I use eBay for safety, both buyer and seller. How absurd to think I am responsible and not the buyer, yet I pay a handsome 10% fee + paypal fee to ensure a safe transaction. And a false buyer on a genuine item and other genuine buyers is not good. 500 gold stars mean nothing if you cant get a good feeling of trust. I refuse to waste my time with people who think life is a drive thru at McDonalds.

Message 362 of 691
latest reply

PayPal gets a fee, and eBay grans 10%. The buyer gets to leave neg feedback on a seller, but really eBay will only keep the buyers happy because they are the customer. Greed is grubby. Good on'ya e-who

Message 363 of 691
latest reply

100% Positive feedback since 2003

No mean task

But today a buyer says item broken. So I dont argue and refund all monies with no questions asked an am polite. Item is not even broken, but does have a rattle I was not aware off so happy to refund

Now have my first negative  😞  "Seller selling broken stuff. Time waster"

Did ask for a retract but wont do it so I cant even appeal to Ebay

Some lowlifes out there

Message 364 of 691
latest reply

If eBay doesn't let you leave negatives, there are other ways to teach buyers a lesson. I am about to take someone to small claims court over $28 just to teach them a lesson.

I haven't done this before, but I "should" have the right to subpoena bank account and address information. Then I can do a garnishment order and maybe even file the judgment in another state and it places a lien on their property

This is not worth it to hire a lawyer. You will have to do it yourself.

I don't really care about the $28, I just want to eff with them.

Message 365 of 691
latest reply

I actually think some buyers are taking advantage of Ebay policy by leaving really unfair nefative feedback, because they know the seller cannot do same.

The  neg feedback received  was totally unfair when i did the right thing. But 100% positive since 2003 means nothing

Love to see if this buyer has done same to others as has done to my feedback, but not sure possibe ? 

Message 366 of 691
latest reply

Can you petition eBay for a retraction?

Message 367 of 691
latest reply

You can request a retraction from buyer through Ebay. But if buyer does not reply or refuses. Then there is no other action, except to reply on the negative feedback that has been left

Message 368 of 691
latest reply

Not fair. 😞
Message 369 of 691
latest reply

Once they three unpaid items, ebay shut them down. As far as I know, they cannot leave you Neg, Feedback all the while the unpaid Item case is running.

Ebay don't offer an actual RED mark due to many people leaving **bleep**-For-Tat Negatives. You used to be able to, but they removed the option. I thnik it is preferable to reinstate this or ebay to create their own option on their Feedback Rating to indicate 'Failure to pay'. This way, you can't call them an Ass hole before ebay remove it!

We buyers also have a Negative Experience, so it is only fair we can have our say.

Good luck

Chris

Message 370 of 691
latest reply

eBay is a terrible place for sellers and this "No negative feedback for buyers" is just one of the reasons.

Message 371 of 691
latest reply

I totally agree, I think its totally unfair that you cant leave negative or nautral feedback on buyers specially those who do not pay!

The strike system sucks and is flaud! they will simply open another account - end of!

Im getting fed up of buyers leaving negative feedback without even getting in touch regarding any problem.

Twice now i have been hit by buyers who have just left negative or nautral feedback without even letting me know they have a problem, something serisouly needs to be done regarding this to make the system fair.

If people tell me about any issues they have i would gladly do all i cant to fix the problem, but the way things are im not even given a chance to fix a problem, no contact just straight up trolling.

Im rapidly becoming put off using ebay due to the poor, unfair feedback system

Message 372 of 691
latest reply

That's why there is less and less tangible and sophisticated stuff for sale.

Try selling vintage electronics... or forget about it. Pain in the butt to deal with some obnoxious shoppers. They think you are selling new stuff and give them WalMart warranty for equipment 25 or 40 years old. Many buyers don't appreciate eBay market place and choices they have, and eBay doesn't appreciate sellers and their risks, so it sides with crooks to keep fees flowing and keep them coming back for more scam and abuse.

I think some buyers just enjoy leaving negative feedback and I know their profile, but won't say a word about it anymore. Just recently, a crook bid on my item within the last second, he won the auction and then he sends me a message and wants to re-negotiate the price! So, what can I do? NOTHING! I had to give him discount and lost on shipping, and then this crook left me bad rep because he's just an @55#ole and doesn't know what he buys. He didn't read all my item description or picked only what he wanted to read. The first sign was there when he started re-negotiating after winning the auction, which means he's a crook. And I can only leave POSITIVE feedback for this rat?

How about warning other sellers?

Guess what, I am not openly offering any of my sophisticated stuff for shipping anymore. If it takes to be listed for years, fine, but buyers should come to my place, verify that it works and sign off with payment, paypal or cash. If I am suspicious of a buyer, he's not leaving my home with my item. I may ship an item if I get to know the buyer more; otherwise, suspect any buyer/payer as a liability - that sides very well with a pessimistic principle of accounting which was derived from millennia of financial transactions. I am selling and trading stuff for fun and hobby only, and it's not much fun anymore, just plain depressing!

Message 373 of 691
latest reply

yah this sucks i got a dead beat buyer.  Then I just used Kajiji after.  I think i'm gonna use Ebay less and less now because the system is so dumb.  I can't put a negative on all the idiots who buy and then don't pay and ask for discounts before paying.  lolSmiley Frustrated

Message 374 of 691
latest reply

One comment here is absolutely correct. ebay should be looking out for us, we are the cash cows. I sold a reel that was tested TWICE by a qualified expert fisherman who both work at a sporting goods store. paid them for their trouble. That's how careful I am with my auctions. Buyer received the item, 3 days after, without even letting me know first, left me a nasty feedback then threatened to hand over her case to eBay which she did. I'm a handicapped person and eBay is my main source of income. Not only I know got 98%, but she left me a very disheartening feedback with this at the end of her comment "don't buy from this seller" How can some people be so mean? But I will still give her a refund, I'm a handicap not a thief and I don't want her money. You guys find a good site to sell that we all sellers be treated better than this, let me know. thanks guys.

Message 375 of 691
latest reply