cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How are you all juggling all this?

I am feeling overwhelmed.  Mostly my own doing.  I have become somewhat addicted to reading all that I can here to help me.  I have tried to share the idea of hope and kindness, in the mist of such change, for so many that have become or are now disillusioned with Managed Payments and all the world is going through. I know their concern is their income, as is mine, and their businesses. Not to mention the things that are not shared.  Good/Bad

I have my granddaughters distance learning with me Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. I pick them up at 7:30 and the go home around 6.  Which, don't get me wrong, I would not want it any other way. But they have asked me what is bothering me, when I have turned off my phone or computer and find myself just so darn sad and in tears.  I know silly.  

My heart hurts that so many are so angry or maybe just worried about something that, not unlike myself, have worked so very hard on.  Ebay is a joy to me.  If it affords me to pay my utilities, I am so grateful.  If it affords me a way to share some of my income with others, it makes me grateful.  If it affords me the ability to do something I enjoy, I am grateful.  

I am so amazed at the people here that are able to work on their businesses, share their knowledge, vent their grievances, sell and bring smiles to my face.  Silly too, huh?  But so many of you do.  You are the people that the world is in need of. You are the people that are the ones that aggravate and in the same post inspire.  You all are the backbone of our country.  Thank you for making me see that it is possible.  Whatever it may be at the time.  Thank you for making me smile when I didn't think I had one in me.  Just thank you.

I am, as I have said before here, hopeful for all of our futures and wish only the same smiles that you bring to my heart, may they be yours to hold, as well.

Really, thank you.  Today was a rough one.

Grandma

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I compartmentalize things. I put the bad stuff in a box and file it away in my head, where I try not to open it. I leave the good stuff loose to float around in my head. (hope that makes sense) I have to, otherwise I'd lose my mind.

Being this way sometimes tends to make me seem cold or unfeeling, but I'm actually just the opposite. It's a mental survival mechanism that I HAVE TO DO because I'm too tenderhearted for my own good.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

It does, one of my daughters is able to do just that.  She too is very tenderhearted, and yes sometimes to her determent.  I have never been able to find the right size boxes, I guess.  Thank you for your honesty.  I am big on that. I read your posts and like your direct answers and helpful information.  You are an assist to Ebay.

Stay well and take care of yourself,

Grandma

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

My suggestion is understand the value of your time working with your grandkids' distance learning, perhaps involve some interesting 'field trips' and other safe activities you can do.  Also concentrate on your business and understand the value of this. 

The rest - do the right thing with masking and being safe, but realise that there is only so much you can do, and right now, you are doing a lot.  You are touching the future with your grandkids and you're running a small thriving business. BE SURE TO VOTE and keep in solidarity with good people.  Keep that space around you clean and fresh and positive - we can only do so much.

Remember, some of the greatest achievements are done during times of crisis.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

If you weren't bothered by todays world I'd be worried about you. I've read many of your posts and you seem to be a dear wonderful person. Have a blessed day. Gods Peace and Good Health, Andrew

Message 5 of 5
latest reply