cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From Boats to Boardfeet: The Wilson Family of the Pacific Coast/EMily M Wilson

I am the Author.  This book is a highly personal history of family and business, relating to the settlement of Washington and Oregon by Swedish families and their lumber businesses.   I wrote it for family and people of Aberdeen. The value of the book is $75-$100  I see people and THE GOODWILL trying to sell my book at $500 or more.  This stresses me, and I am furious at people and organizations trying to make such a profit on my family history.

I would like to get suggestions as to "how" to counter this huge over-inflated price issue..ideas???

Emily M Wilson

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Owners of copies of the book are completely within their rights to ask whatever they wish for it.The value is what someone will pay for it

How did copies get into others hands if you did not want it in public?

This is a user to user board not eBay employees.
----------------------------------------------------------------
When people show you who they are, believe them
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thank you misfitfun for your response. My books were donated to public libraries and historical foundations. Because of the high $ listings showing up on Ebay, these books (listed) are often ones which have been stolen from places where I donated. In the case of Goodwill, yes, someone gave the book to them. However, it's the excessive price I am seeing, as it sends a message for others to "lift" the book. I would love the public to know about the rich history of Aberdeen, however not at excessive price, and books often stolen to make a buck.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Publish in ebook format!

Message 4 of 4
latest reply