cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

Am I the only one that is concerned with ebay's recent increase in final value fees?  Ebay is making it hard to make even a small profit off items sold!

Message 1 of 1,161
latest reply
1,160 REPLIES 1,160

Re: Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

For items sold around $5, you are looking around 20% - Ebay takes their 10% and PayPal takes their 10%.  It is ridiculous!!  I would rather donate the items to the Salvation Army and collect the tax write off.

Message 961 of 1,161
latest reply

Ebay fees are ridiculous. I am now paring back selling on Ebay and looking at other options. No money to be made here! Kijiji and Varagesale here I come!
Message 962 of 1,161
latest reply

I know what you mean. Use to sell all the time on eBay but not no more they want to eat to much of your profit. Very hungry company! I know tons of people that stopped selling because of it and there will be many more.
Message 963 of 1,161
latest reply

I dont sell very often, But now 10% is too much to take of someones money then the paypal fee's and insertion and other fee's is just too much...
Message 964 of 1,161
latest reply

Why wouldn't everyone care that they are taking their profit in fee's???
Message 965 of 1,161
latest reply

Yes what a rip off..Even charged me $2 final auction fee on shipping on a listing that I had listed as $20 for shipping and ebay even wanted a piece of that..And I went and mailed it and it cost $24.19 to mail....Ebay you SUCK....

Message 966 of 1,161
latest reply

I've calculated that I lose 18% off the top to use eBay and PayPal. It is one thing when they charge that on the item, but when they include shipping in their percentage fee calculation, I lose money every time. They've seen the last of me. Selling on marketplace and Etsy.

Message 967 of 1,161
latest reply

It's 10% fee on everything. Then Pay Pal takes 3%. Then the final nail in the

coffin is Ebay's 10% that they suck from your shipping charge. Yes they

charge you on shipping. There excuse is that thy think some sellers

are charging too much for shipping.  A 10 % fee on shipping makes 

sellers charge more for shipping. Ebay must think we are idiots!

Message 968 of 1,161
latest reply

There's a lower profitmargin for computers and they are sold at igher prices. 4% gives them a chance to make money

Message 969 of 1,161
latest reply

Beginning of the end for Ebay. No sellers = no Ebay.
Message 970 of 1,161
latest reply

Amen to that. I'm having plenty of second thoughts after seeing eBay's+Paypal's tag-team charges on my account. It looks like, in the 4 years that have passed since they started, they haven't learned a thing! And the audacity to charge based on postage fees.....

If anything, you can look for me and others on Etsy instead!

Message 971 of 1,161
latest reply

I just sold the last high ticket item i ever will with them. Ebay is nothing but a bunch of thieves at this point.

Message 972 of 1,161
latest reply

better to sell on ebid.bonanza or delcampe

Message 973 of 1,161
latest reply

I agree!! Its an absolute rip off! I have sold designer earrings for 350$, to post to London from Australia cost me around 40$, then paypal charged me 14$ commision on it and ebay just sent me bill for 43$! What?! ?!? For just selling one item 

plus paypal holds money for like a month when dealing with ebay!

Message 974 of 1,161
latest reply

Im out of here! Ebay you officially suck

Message 975 of 1,161
latest reply