cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

Am I the only one that is concerned with ebay's recent increase in final value fees?  Ebay is making it hard to make even a small profit off items sold!

Message 1 of 1,161
latest reply
1,160 REPLIES 1,160

Re: Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

Correction.....Mr Donahoe has stepped down from ebay and  was givien the 23 Millon Gold parachute !   New CEO Devin Wenigs 2015 salary totaled $15 +million.  Lets see his fees ........$2,695,000 was received as a bonus, $1,667,333 was received in stock options, $9,188,884 was awarded as stock and $15,902 came from other types of compensation.  How about helping out the small man Mr Wenigs and lowering some of those fees for us so we can try and get ahead just a little.     Ahhhh.... he couldnt do that, he wouldn be able to live on a 11 million dollar salary opposed to 15. We'll, wil just keep taking it up the Kulu Mr Wenigs.  Thank you.

Message 781 of 1,161
latest reply

You can thank Ebay CEO, Devin Wenigs. That's why in 2015, his salary totaled $15 + million. All those over priced ebay fees add up ! And youre right. They don't care or listen, so technically this forum is a waste.
Message 782 of 1,161
latest reply

fantasyari
Adventurer

Just wanted to chime in on this sad subject. I doubt our voices will be heard, but perhaps our absense will be noticed. I've just used eBay as a seller for the last time. The fees have gotten so exorbitant that there is little point in trying to sell an item at all, unless it has an astronomical profit margin. I'll be taking my business elsewhere until eBay reins in their fees. 

Message 783 of 1,161
latest reply

I just made a mistake fo selling a i phone for 375 on ebay. If the person actually gets the phone and doesnt pull a scam i get about 310 out of it. Paypal fee, ebay fee, shipping, insurance, signature.  THe cost for usps signature and insurance seems much higher then 10 years ago when I last used it often.  Now i did charge the person 8 dollars for priority but the overall cost was 18.55,  I used my own box. I cant have the post office drop a phone off on a door step thats a gigantic risk i cant afford to take.   I could of sold it on craigslist for 350.  I was just in a annoyed mood of people trying to chew me down who were probably used phone stores. i should of waited another few weeks. But yeah, in general, i dont see how ebay can be profitable long term....unless you make your own paintings or somehting at home that doesnt cost any money just time for you

Message 784 of 1,161
latest reply

This is why so many people are turning to Craigslist. Id rather deal wit a few lowballers than make eBay richer than it already is by gouging sellers!
Message 785 of 1,161
latest reply

i agree! i buy and sell a good amount of things. ebay used to be perfect for getting rid of things i no longer want or use. i just sold something and paypal took almost $1 away from my profit then ebay has fees and then shipping fees. it is getting ridiculous but there's no other place that has the type of reach ebay does.

Message 786 of 1,161
latest reply

WOW! This is horrible! I'm a stay-at-home-mom and just started on here thinking it was a good place to get rid of all the clothing my family doesn't need (and my school books) to help pay off my student loans. I sold 17 baby clothing items this week totaling $43.00 and just found under my account that I already racked up almost $13 in fees.. And it takes so dang long to enter one item.. that already comes down to me making about half a cent an hour. This is ridiculous! Do I quit while I'm still [barely] ahead? Well, if you count the scale and package materials I had to get, I'm most certainly not ahead! Highway Robbery!!!!!

Message 787 of 1,161
latest reply

OK! I am learning my lesson. I just got screwed out of 45% of my profits in eBay fees. Really eBay? Looks like I'll be moving to bonanza.com. I here they are the preferred alternative to eBay. I Anyone care to join me?

@blondtxnurse wrote:

Am I the only one that is concerned with ebay's recent increase in final value fees?  Ebay is making it hard to make even a small profit off items sold!

Message 788 of 1,161
latest reply

I'll be checking out Bonanza - thanks for the tip!

Message 789 of 1,161
latest reply

Last item I sell on ebay...I'd rather give it for free to the Goodwill Store!!! sold a coupon book for 35$, paid for shipping out of that and then ebay comes along and gets 10%....i mean 10%...that means the initial purpose of the market is gone. Unless you make loads of transactions, with increasingly lower margins, there is virtually zero point to go through the hassle of selling as an occasional punter. Ebay is turning into Amazon...actually an Amazon without the advantages of one (like prime, etc.)!!! What a shame, but hey ho, whilst it lasted it was good, now will market forces mean a new platform will emerge for "cupboard clearers" in the world?

Message 790 of 1,161
latest reply

I will not sell things on ebay anymore. I currently sold my sony camera for a price at $864, after paying the stupid final value fee, I ended up getting about $775. I could've sold it to Amazon trade-in program for $745! God **bleep** ebay! 

Message 791 of 1,161
latest reply

Could you help me understand how selling it to Amazon for $30 less would have been more beneficial to you?

Message 792 of 1,161
latest reply

Sure ebay fees are ridiculous. I also have an instant worldwide market. 

Message 793 of 1,161
latest reply

Will think very carefully before selling anything on Ebay again. Greed at it's best.

Message 794 of 1,161
latest reply

14% fees??! I just signed up for eBay last week and kept seeing things for "final value fees" or "use the final value fee calculator" but I thought "what's the most they can be 3%?" I just sold my first item for $30 and was charged over $7 in fees. So my item was $30 + 20 in shipping. I only received $48 in my account after PayPal fees. I spent $20 at the post office.. So that left me with $28, now minus 7... I actually sold my item for $21. **bleep** eBay. Ordinarily I sell thru my Etsy shop, but I was trying something new, I can't imagine it makes sense for anyone to sell here anymore...
Message 795 of 1,161
latest reply