cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

Am I the only one that is concerned with ebay's recent increase in final value fees?  Ebay is making it hard to make even a small profit off items sold!

Message 1 of 1,161
latest reply
1,160 REPLIES 1,160

Re: Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

I sold 2 items in the last 2 months totaling $260 shipping included. I was charged $26.50 in fees, so yes 10% it is. I understand fees need to be charged for their business to continue effectively however, I feel that 10% is not justified especially on the shipping cost! Down right greedy if you ask me. I will definitely do my best to discourage those I know from using eBay as a source for selling items! As for me, I am disgusted by the fees and will explore other options for selling! Hopefully more will follow!
Message 751 of 1,161
latest reply

Wow Just found out about the 10% fee. Thats straight up robbery. Think of all the transactions on Ebay at 10% thats a lot money. I think I am done with ebay now. No one will be willing to pay 10% more for what I sell. 

Message 752 of 1,161
latest reply

I was **bleep** too when i checked my fees today and saw $157. Im taking the listings i have down right now from ebay. i rather sell it on amazon than deal wth ebay mess and high fees.

Message 753 of 1,161
latest reply

Yep.... Fee's just don't stop. I pay all my fee's and a few days later check it again and I owe more money I have about 10 items left to sale and I'm closing up shop forever. Listing Fee's, Fee's on Shipping, Fee's on Final Sale and Paypal Fee's and a Total Buyers Market. Soon they'll charge 50 cents to log on Ebay. As far as buying on Ebay, it's going down hill too. I honestly Purchased 6, Yes 6 Sony PS4 Consoles in 4 weeks Tied up all my cash with Paypal for 15 days. 6th Purchased turned out Great. I don't like those chances 1 in 6 and Thats buying. Sorry Ebay but I'm Done. But I know 'You Could Care Less' cause I've spent a ton of time on the phone with you over the last 3 weeks.

Message 754 of 1,161
latest reply

Everyone should boycott eBay, the fees are flat out highway robbery. I had no idea they took 10% of the **bleep** sale. I could of sold my last item local on Craigslist for free. F$%K this !!! I will never use eBay again, and neither should anyone else. I am totally frosted !!!!!!!

Message 755 of 1,161
latest reply

I will continue buying as long there are people willing to pay this outrages greedy fees
Message 756 of 1,161
latest reply

I sold to items one for $480 and the other one for $550 now I get the invoice from ebay for $180 wth!!! Plus 3% for PayPal
F*** ebay last time selling a thing here.
Message 757 of 1,161
latest reply

I am in the same position.  Did I miss where eBay tells us they will charge 10% if our items are sold?  I don't recall seeing that when registering my products.

Message 758 of 1,161
latest reply

JUST A QUICK SHARE WITH YOU

If you in the same situation then  CHECK YOU ACCOUNT ON FINAL FEE CHARGE

I started selling on eBay about a year ago, being paying too much on the final fee 9.5 of the standard store subscription monthly $19.95 . 

I have upgraded to Featured Store Package subscription monthly $49.95 and final fee 8.5% about month ago.

I now found that I still been charged the old final fee at 9.5%, I called eBay and the lady explain to me : I still been charnge 9.5% because the items I have listed before I upgrade to Featured Store Package Subscription - eBay told me that to correct this issue I have to end all the listing that I have listed before I upgraded to Feature Store Package and relist them then I will correct all over charnged 1% issues.

So all the eBay Reseller being paying final fees between 7.5% - 9.9% to get this sort of system support ? It's time NOW  for eBay to review their final fees charge to their resellers

Running a retails business in these days making a profit 10% is hard already , how can resellers survice to pay eBay at a 9.5% + subscription fee what the resellers got left is not very much at all 

Message 759 of 1,161
latest reply

Just sold a few items on eBay. Got my INVOICE from eBay and it came in at just OVER 11%....you saw that correct...OVER 11%. Plus they are taking their FEE for an item I haven't even been paid for yet!!! **bleep**??? It's still sitting on my desk waiting to ship it when the buyer gets aroud to paying for it. Said he was busy - out of town - has lots of bills to go through...getting lines of s*** from everyone.

Good bye (not buy) eBay.

Message 760 of 1,161
latest reply

This is copied directly from my INVOICE from eBay. 11.69% BS.

Total monthly sales
$664.16

Total monthly fees
11.69%
Based on your monthly fees and credits totaling $77.67, your fees as percentage of your sales is 11.69%
Message 761 of 1,161
latest reply

I agree 10% is stupid gready they can f* off

Message 762 of 1,161
latest reply

I stopped selling in 2010 so I feel for all you small to medium sized sellers struggling to make it.  A 13% haircut before you make a cent is ridiculous and greedy. 

Message 763 of 1,161
latest reply

IDK what happened with in this last month but holy **bleep** ! ebay fees are getting **bleep**ing crazy HIGH ...

Ebay is about to get replaced with a 9 to 5 F this modern day slavery 12% GTFOH !

@mbodesign wrote:

Total monthly sales
$664.16

Total monthly fees
11.69%
Based on your monthly fees and credits totaling $77.67, your fees as percentage of your sales is 11.69%

@mbodesign wrote:

Total monthly sales
$664.16

Total monthly fees
11.69%

Message 764 of 1,161
latest reply

Yea, I decided to sell two graphics cards on ebay after a long hiatus from selling many years a go.  I just sold them this week and was surprised how high the fees are!!  $50 fees!!  Insane. I will have to find somewhere else to sell.  

Message 765 of 1,161
latest reply