cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

Am I the only one that is concerned with ebay's recent increase in final value fees?  Ebay is making it hard to make even a small profit off items sold!

Message 1 of 1,161
latest reply
1,160 REPLIES 1,160

Re: Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

holly **bleep** thats bad,waiting to january to leave ebay slowiy moving out..

Message 736 of 1,161
latest reply

I just opened my invoice and it's for $70.00. I am so angry right now. This is bull**bleep**!! What the **bleep** is costing a few that big!? I'm actually losing money instead of making some profit. This and god **bleep** PayPal!! I'm **bleep**ing done with eBay.
Message 737 of 1,161
latest reply

Totally bull**bleep**, just sold 2 phones and wish i can recall them!!

Message 738 of 1,161
latest reply

Yabba Dabba Do!!!!!

Message 739 of 1,161
latest reply

Sadly, my story is the same as everyone else's. I bought a couple of items for a total of $410 and sold them on ebay for $550. Woohoo! I thought, a $140 profit. Well not so fast! After I subtracted out the shipping, 3% Paypal fee and 10% ebay fee (which is totally outrageous), I ended up keeping only 37% of that $140, or $51.55. What a rip off. How does anyone make any money on ebay? Never again will I sell on ebay.

Message 740 of 1,161
latest reply

Yep same as the comments above I just got ripped off
Message 741 of 1,161
latest reply

Shame on you ebay because your greedy fees, shame on you ebay...

Message 742 of 1,161
latest reply

USPS IS expensive. I swear they even hiked up their flat rate prices, which I used for my first sale because it still seemed like the best offer. I get they have lost business with the prevalence of email and other competition, but they need to figure something else out. Hiking up prices is a good way to continue to drive AWAY business.

I've had little selling success on Craiglist and other local pickup sites, so I kind of need to use USPS. So from my first selling experience (which taught me that Paypal charged a fee if someone pays with credit/debit) I'm looking at what I need to do to make more profit, including shifting my fees onto the buyer unfortunately.

That or try my luck on Bonanza. I already have an account, I just decided to try Ebay first since it's so popular and I thought my items were sell faster.
Message 743 of 1,161
latest reply

10% is like loan sharking.... plus PayPal 3%.... then in a different currency you pay conversion fees. I'm amazed anyone sells anything on ebay anymore
Message 744 of 1,161
latest reply

I totally agree with everyone that Ebay and Paypal have gotten greedy. If it wasn't for us they would be nothing. It is one of the sneakiest companies as well; for trying to find any information pertaining to fees unless you know exactly where to look. I am about ready to move on myself. I am sick of greedy people. Funny how I had 11 items that I was selling for $11 a piece or BO plus $5.95 shipping ea.  Of course I would have given a fair price if someone bought all 11 of which they did for $9 per offer. But instead of me coming up with a price, Ebay set the shipping price. I wasn't unhappy with what they determined but I was amazed of the nerve of them determining any of my business as to my asking price or shipping. Be thankful Ebay of your customers!

@blondtxnurse wrote:

Am I the only one that is concerned with ebay's recent increase in final value fees?  Ebay is making it hard to make even a small profit off items sold!

Message 745 of 1,161
latest reply

businesses would kill for a 37% profit margin.  Be thankful for what you got...

Message 746 of 1,161
latest reply

I am not a business but I used to sell on eBay years ago and have avoided it altogether as a result of their greed and agressiveness when they forced PayPal down our throats and threw in PayPal fees on top of their high shark fees.  I advertise on Craigslist everything we want to sell.  It wasn't until this last week that I listed two items on eBay because they can't sell on CL.  CL is not very pleasant and requires patience and a lot of work.

One day I hope we have a good second option.  I desprise greed at the expense of people.  Heck, all public companies are like that.  Gotta keep investors happy somehow.

Message 747 of 1,161
latest reply

It's very well and carefully hidden.  It took forever to find it.  You just have to keep clicking until you get there.  Bottom line, 10% of final value plus Paypal fees of %3.

This is my first sale in many many years and I was shocked!!  No profit as a result.

Message 748 of 1,161
latest reply

YOUR NOT THE ONLY ONE,I opened 3 other stores elseware just in case I must close out fast,ebay is pushing out it's best sellers,damaging their business ,we are the ones that made ebay,I been here for 12 years,never saw this coming,sad and shocked at what they done,somw one needs to get fired,they need to change before all gets lost,if fees go up 1 more time I am out,I down graded to save my busness cannot do it again,,

Message 749 of 1,161
latest reply

Count me in. My next sale will be somewhere else.

Sold a $400 item and paid over $50 in fees. That's crazy and greedy. They say that for the fee they provide the best possible exposure to the buying public. What does that matter when you feel you got fleeced in the end by eBay?

Message 750 of 1,161
latest reply