cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Fees too High .. sellers leaving in droves.

Ebay Final Value Fees are too high. They won't learn till the sales drop and drop. Also, gimmicks not working.. all the games they play with the web pages  ..just irritating.

10% fee on final sales and Shipping Cost! Crazy.

5% fee tacked on by Paypal. Crazy.

Some dumb wing nut will say "Raise your price to cover the fees."

Answer: What happens when you raise price? Nobody will buy it.

So, conclusion is to find somewhere else to sell where they don't "tack on' lots of fees which kill your business.

Message 1 of 178
latest reply
177 REPLIES 177

Re: Ebay Fees too High .. sellers leaving in droves.

I agree 100%, the fees are too high to make it worth selling most things on eBay. 13.5% of the final sale price, plus PayPal fees, eats up any kind of profit that would have been made. I have 100% positive feedback as a seller from previous years, sold high quality personally used items, but will never sell on eBay again until they lower the fees down to 5% or less total.

Message 166 of 178
latest reply

If you are still paying Paypal fees as a seller... boy are you doing something wrong!

Message 167 of 178
latest reply

Absolutely agree --- they deserve to lose users.   Hopefully they'll get taken over, or pushed out by an organisation that behaves reasonably over fees.  Taking fees out of carriage costs as well as the selling price makes it even more stupid.

Message 168 of 178
latest reply

Just checked fees this morning and unless I read it wrong it is almost 13%.  They are out of their minds.  I’m done with EBay (after 20+ years) 

Message 169 of 178
latest reply

I recently sold a computer for $455 at eBay auction.
The shipping fees from Oregon to Texas came out of that, about $24. Seems reasonable -- shipping involved several humans and trucks and locations, during an ice storm, no less.
But eBay's 13.25% cut was $60+. In which no eBay employees ever knew about, looked at or followed up on the sale.
Three times the shipping costs paid for eBay's computers to do some automated tasks that probably cost the company about $1.

Yeah, this is the garbage world we live in now.

Message 170 of 178
latest reply

The original message  here is from 03/18/19.

You should probably start your own thread.    

Message 171 of 178
latest reply

Fee's must not be that bad, 5 years later and you're still selling.

Have a great day
Message 172 of 178
latest reply

@jrrichard6650 

How much were the combined eBay (10%) and PayPal (2.5%) fees 5 years ago? 

Sellers that blindly paid a monthly invoice from eBay probably didn’t even realize they were giving eBay 10%. Now that it is taken out before the seller is paid, these sellers can’t believe their eyes (pocketbooks). 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 173 of 178
latest reply

This OLD NEWS OR FAKE NEWS. Seems like they the sellers came back faster than they left. Sellers are up with new sellers signing up everyday.

Message 174 of 178
latest reply

@hurryagain wrote:

@redmodelt wrote:

Original post was 03-18-2019, guess the OP was not part of the "sellers leaving in droves", they are still selling. 🙂

... and the beat goes on...😂

Maybe the mods figured that if they left one unlocked, everyone would post here instead of making new ones on this topic 🤣

...From 2019 and still going strong 😂😂😂

Message 175 of 178
latest reply

I sold out some of my used stuff due to moving. I found out that actually, i worked for ebay and support ebay to make money, not me as a seller. So i keep cancelling my sale list and run away. It is horrible. Ebay made money by this way.

Message 176 of 178
latest reply

Starting selling on Mercari, no seller fees. They just changed in the past month.

Message 177 of 178
latest reply

Not all sellers are great at math.  Why worry about the fees? - worry about the net you’d get for the same item listed on different sites and how many you would sell.

Message 178 of 178
latest reply