cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Complaints? eBay Complaints? There are none!

I see these forums are literally filled with complaints from sellers but none from buyers or from eBay. What does that tell ya?

Message 1 of 701
latest reply
700 REPLIES 700

Re: Buyer Complaints? eBay Complaints? There are none!

On a number of occassions I bought an item, but had an issue. Either the seller refunded by own self or with ebay involvement.

THE MAIN ISSUE is that ebay no longer will allow feedback on the seller.  For example, I bought Atkins bars.  The items were stale and brittle.  E-bay refunded.  It didn't allow me to provide feedback to other buyers.  Now, that seller is selling those items and buyers won't have the ability to see the seller sold defective itmes.  

The number of seller issues I've had has recently increased perhaps because seller feedback is astoundingly positive.  

This is very much an issue for the buying community.

Message 511 of 701
latest reply

The problem is is that per their description of the used an item is used but still functioning. If it's on tested and you don't know whether or not it functions you have to list it parts not working and then they will not be able to issue you to refund of the person. I sold an item 3 different times on here and I listed it as is where is no warranty no returns and yet somehow still had to return it anytime the item had been physically tampered with. Finally when I sold it the last time they tried to return it claiming it did not work and I said did you read the description it's listed parts only not working.

Sorry about my **bleep** spelling I'm talking to my phone in a crowded café LOL
Message 512 of 701
latest reply

I bought finn shoes on sep 11 received on 18 did not fit and I she got eBay to close on 25th it took her longer to send SEVEN DAYS , I WAS COLSED OUT IN SIX DAYS EBAY IS NOT FOR THE BUYER JUST THE SELLER.
Message 513 of 701
latest reply

Why complain, Ebay won't do anything about it. If you can show you contacted the seller more than once trying to figure out why their item is not working and you do the slightest wrong thing, then the seller has nothing done to them. Maybe have their hands slapped but they still get their money. The buyer looses out. Can;t even leave negative feedback against the seller. Doesn't do much to complain, Ebay makes their money so they sit in their high and mighty thrones and rake it in. The only loosers are the buyer and sellers but if the seller has a 102 negative feedbacks in a year alone then something is wrong. 

Message 514 of 701
latest reply

Me too. Even when I showed I had contacted the buyer within 3 days of getting the item they still won out and I lost my $120.
Message 515 of 701
latest reply

That's not true. I bought a phone from Amazing-Wireless and with in 3 days I was contacting them about it not accepting a sim card. It would take a couple days to get responses so after trying 6 different sim cards from 2 different companies and 5 or 6 messages to the seller I dropped the phone and it broke the screen. Of course I could not return the phone because I had damaged it even though it was not a working phone and I can not even fix it since replacing the digitizer and screen would not do any good since it still has a problem that would not allow it to function on a service. I lost my $120 and can not return the phone even though I complained to the seller about the item and have all the sim cards to prove it and they have around 120 bad phones they have sold over a year . It is one big pig shoot whether you buy a good item or sale on on Ebay and they won't do much about it.

Message 516 of 701
latest reply

I am a buyer who paid US$130 to have an item shipped with tracking to Hong kong.
It never arrived, Ebay sends me in a computerised loop and have no interest in assisting me recover my money USD330.00.
There is zero assistance from ebay to anyone who has been defrauded of money, they leave you there hung out to dry.
After dealing with antiques_1975 who, along with ebay, have failed to respond to every query on shipping and return of payment, I am now cancelling my ebay account.
Message 517 of 701
latest reply

i am a buyer and i have many complaints. twice now i have been screwed

Message 518 of 701
latest reply

i have been screwed as a seller and a buyer, more as a buyer seeing two sellers ripped me off, one with junk merchandise and the second one the seller walked away with more than 3000 customers money

Message 519 of 701
latest reply

@toycoon wrote:

EBAY is a SCAM!!! I have been a seller for over 10 years and things were fine until a buyer got refunded a couple of days ago.  Buyer never notified me. Received "decision" from ebay to pay him from my paypal account. Buyer kept item and got refunded!!! I have been in "on hold hell" with ebay for nearly 40 minutes!!!!  I plan to cancel my paypal account today, and cease using ebay.  Customer service is NONEXISTANT with ebay.  I'm done!!!!!

I see you are still listing items and selling. lol

guess it wasn't so bad.

meh
Message 520 of 701
latest reply

Well I am a BUYER, and I have plenty to complain about regarding EBay!  Not in this forum.

Message 521 of 701
latest reply

As a buyer using Ebay I have learned that Customer service can also favor the seller when it is not reasonable. There needs to be rules and policies that remove the personal bias or the reality that one can present there position more effectively , causing at times decions that make no sense. If the seller has a return policy that is not identified (as is) or no returns of course a buyer should have the protection of a refund. The reality is there are many that can not self regulate honesty. In addition, when you are buying online and can not see or test a prduct there has to be some level of protection. Unfortunately, the sellers that complain the most about accepting a return are more likely to be more aggressive about a personal refund if they were screwed over by a purchase.

Message 522 of 701
latest reply

Indeed! Your threat only works if you cancel all of your 24 auctions unless this post is a click-bait scheme.

Message 523 of 701
latest reply

Well as a seller, I can tell you that Ebay management has turned themselves into a bunch of self-righteous **bleep**s. This week they arbitrarily cancelled 5 of my items, for "not adhering to ebay policy" as they claimed that I was auctioning "adult sexual items". It doesn't matter that I have sold nearly $5000 on the very same auction template listed in the same category over the past 10 years. So screw ebay, I have already found another place to sell my stuff. The only way Ebay will ever learn from their mistakes is if people hit them in the pocketbook, tank stock prices, and ruin their coorporate portfolio.

Message 524 of 701
latest reply

Granite it's an old post but the same thing applies today.

I'm a buyer got stiffed out of 32 bucks - and it's not the money trust me - it's the principle.

Bought a pair of Nike shoes paid immediately as I always do and the shoes shipped.

Problem is somehow mysteriously my address have been changed - not by me, but by eBay. 

Contacted the seller who was not cooperative and quite argumentative, contacted eBay try and work it out but again they put it back on me. 

I have 100% positive rating I've been a ebayer for 5 years now and they wouldn't help me. 

All over a $30 pair of shoes.

Frankly there's nothing on eBay that I can't find on Amazon (and I don't get jacked around with Amazon) so I'm closing my eBay account, they can keep my $30 and stuff the rest.  I wish all you guys well. 

Message 525 of 701
latest reply