cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back to School Items - Ready?

Woke up to a dozen or so emails on Back to School today.

Need to get backpacks, lunch boxes, Dorm Room items, etc listed!  

Where did Summer go??  School starts for many in less than 30days!!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Don't the kids actually get SUMMER off now? We used to get mid June through September off. Then again, I grew up in farm town and all us little brats were slave labor for out parents lol

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@katzrul15 

I dunno but having some serious doubts for Nevada and California. What the heck is going on that people won't get their shots? I wouldn't doubt it if our goofy governor shuts the state down again and I'll be stuck in Utah after being in Michigan! Help me...please?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Summer didn't go anywhere, school intrudes on summer.

There are many states that have tax-free buying periods for school supplies.

-------------
Posting ID
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@silverstatetreasureboxes 

Gosh, I hope not!!

We sold much less last year as no one but college kids were headed back to school.  Am hoping that is not the case this year - not just for sales, but mentally not prepared to be restricted/quarantined again.  🤥

Goodness. 

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@katzrul15 wrote:

. . . mentally not prepared to be restricted/quarantined again.  🤥

Well, I'm prepared. In fact, I've gotten pretty good at it!

With the Delta variant spreading quickly in my town and my state and infecting even people who've been vaccinated, and only a 49% vaccination rate in my state to begin with, it's only common sense for me to restrict my movements to lower my risk of exposure.

I live alone and have no family; hence, no assistance if I contract COVID. Doctor's visits, hospitalization or even death aside, I don't want to even get sick--no matter how mild the symptoms. I can't remember the last time I was sick from any kind of virus--literally can't remember the last time I had a cold.

Back to the topic though (LOL!), what students going back to school means to me is traffic. I'm less than a mile from my state's university campus and having students pour in from all over the state and country only causes headaches for those of us in my neighborhood--the least of which is the overabundance of students parking on the residential streets and walking or taking a shuttle bus from there. Maddening. 

And then there are all the lower speed limit "School Zones" between my house and almost anywhere else I want to go . . .

All those things aside, though, I'll have to say autumn and winter are my favorites seasons.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply