cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

711 thousand new IRS agents for anyone under 75,000

711 thousand new agents for anyone making 75,000 or under and 95,000 agents for 500 and over.   thats what we are looking at folks.     they have made A ARMY of new AUDITS!    how many businesses will close because of these new  rules?    when you feel like you are swimming i shark infested waterss, are you more or less inclined to invest and build a bussness?    we are being PRAYED UPON.   argue with me now,   agree with me later....

Message 1 of 56
latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

@craigstevensstudio wrote:

how many businesses will close because of these new  rules? 

What new rules?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 2 of 56
latest reply

"711 thousand new agents for anyone making 75,000"

711,000 new agents?

Wow -- talk about solving the unemployment problem. . ..

Message 3 of 56
latest reply

You're worrying about things that are 100% your own choice and 100% in your control. File your taxes, pay what you owe. Hire an accountant. Whatever you have to do, just do what you are supposed to do and you will be fine. 

Do you drive down the road and get nervous when you see a cop? No? Must be driving legally and have no reason to worry! Yes? Speeding, drunk, not wearing a seat belt, texting, what are you doing wrong that you shouldnt be and are nervous for??

How about you focus on your business and maximizing profits, I bet you'd rather pay taxes on $100M rather than pay no taxes because you made $0.

Message 4 of 56
latest reply

I'm gobsmacked by the 711,000 PLUS 95,000 new agents. 

And where do those audit tranches come from? 

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 5 of 56
latest reply

@1786davycrockett wrote:

"711 thousand new agents for anyone making 75,000"

711,000 new agents?

Wow -- talk about solving the unemployment problem. . ..

ROFL!  I thought if they're hiring all those bazillion people maybe I can apply for a job.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 6 of 56
latest reply

If everyone paid their taxes like they should there would be no need for any additional agents. Obviously there is a problem with many people not paying taxes like they should. I have yet to see a good reason posted here on why they should not be paying taxes.

Why can't everyone pitch in to keep the United States the best country in the planet?

Message 7 of 56
latest reply

Then they should go to flea markets and enforce it.

Message 8 of 56
latest reply

One of our employees, who worked with me doing online sales, was a retired IRS employee.  She didn't do audits.  She didn't do enforcement.  She did training... of office staff who's job it was to keep the records updated.  Just list dozens of other clients I'd worked with when I was IT Consulting.  Most of the business is not what people think, most of the time.

Most of those new auditors, and yes there will be quite a few I'm sure, will be working on the BACKLOG of paper filed returns.  Freeing up more experienced auditors to work on the larger, more complicated returns, like those of Ole' 45.

When the rules changed on 1099 reporting and it looked like I'd be getting a 1099 for each of my accounts, I got a bit nervous.  Audits are not torture, but they're not a picnic either, and it's time away from my paying work (for myself or for others) that has to be considered as well.

But then I started looking at my expenses... my rental storage space for my inventory (the apartment has ZERO excess storage space, and my patient and caring wife only allows so much of my 'hobby' to flow into the shared areas of the place.  So I've got rental storage for inventory, I've got the monthly fee from SixBit, I've got the shipping charges from USPS and FedEx, and my shipping supplies.

Now that I look at it.... I'd make more money NOT selling and getting rid of everything and just play games on my computers.  Hmmmmm.........

Nah!  I enjoy the thrill of trying to work out the black box that is eBay and sales.  It satisfies my masochistic tendencies quite nicely.  🙂

-Bob.

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Ask me about SixBit and the tools I use to sell - I'm happy to share!
"A journey of a thousand miles begins by getting off the couch"
Message 9 of 56
latest reply

But this is real, they're coming after you. No joke.

Message 10 of 56
latest reply

I guess I'll repeat what I said in another thread - about half the IRS workforce is due to retire in the next years.  These agents that are being hired over a 10 year period will be replacing them and bringing the IRS workforce up to where it WAS before the department was decimated (maybe a little conflict of interest there for our...uh...wealthy party donors).  Yes, many are support personnel as @rosachs  says, and there is a backlog.

What is so hard about responsibility, anyway?  I keep hearing people bloviating about MY RIGHTS but when it comes to responsibility, suddenly they're like that "do not want!" dog.

— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 11 of 56
latest reply

Your arguments assume government is always right and never abuses its power, never targets anyone unfairly, or never targets someone for illegal reasons.  Or that you will get a fair hearing, because of course, courts and district attorneys are always reputable and moral and never go after people to make a statement or to do it for their reputations or someone pays them for a certain outcome.  I guess you've never accidentally run into a deliberate speed trap in the boonies cops use to make money off of unsuspecting drivers.  Where the speed signs aren't posted so you have no idea you need to change speed.

The IRS is not like regular government court dealings either.  You fail to admit that as well.  In Tax Court you are guilty until proven innocent.  Kind of like being a seller on Ebay in certain conditions.  Innocent people who know they are innocent are still very nervous and stressed.

You sound like a government agent.  

You forget the former head of security here with several other officers engaged in long term serious retaliatory harassment and terrorism against a seller they didn't like.  There is plenty of reasons to be concerned and nervous about government overreach and abuse of power.  Because they are still normal people that can easily abuse their power and get away with it being protected by their official govt authority. 

Message 12 of 56
latest reply

Message 13 of 56
latest reply

I've tangled with the IRS on two separate occasions.  Both times they dealt very fairly with me, including a big mess-up that I inadvertently made concerning a roll-over and missed (rather large) tax payment.  Yeah, they fined me - but they said they would.  When I paid the amount owing, they simply sent me a receipt and statement that I was completely in the clear and actually thanked me for settling it promptly. 

The time I had to talk with them on the phone they were courteous and helpful. 

— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 14 of 56
latest reply

@craigstevensstudio wrote:

711 thousand new agents for anyone making 75,000 or under and 95,000 agents for 500 and over.   thats what we are looking at folks.     they have made A ARMY of new AUDITS!    how many businesses will close because of these new  rules?    when you feel like you are swimming i shark infested waterss, are you more or less inclined to invest and build a bussness?    we are being PRAYED UPON.   argue with me now,   agree with me later....

I think for starters it would be good if you would cite your source. Then we can all read it together and discuss...

Message 15 of 56
latest reply