cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Omega Pocket Watch ID

Hello,

Not sure if this is where to post this, but here goes!  I'm going to be selling this old Omega pocket watch, but wanted to be certain my facts were correct.

The watch is, of course, used.  Marked 14kt, it does work, but has taken a beating during its lifetime.  Appears that the crystal was replaced, and the face looks to be ceramic/porcelain.  The face/dial is cracked and chipped, but all numbers are legible.  Case serial number is 3XXXXXX, which my research indicates it was manufactured around 1905/6.  There is no visible serial number on the internal workings, but Omega watches occasionally had the serial number hidden behind the face.  The back of the watch has two covers, an external one, that when you open it up, it is marked with the Omega logo, 14KT, and case serial number on the inside surface.  The second cover, (over the internal workings), is marked Omega, Grand Prix, Paris 1900, on the outside, and has 14KT and the case serial number on the inside surface.  The internal workings are stamped Omega, but as I said, there is no visible serial number.  I'll attempt to post a couple of photos soon.

Thanks for any information!

Sam

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Omega Pocket Watch ID

Photos:

InternalInternalSecond coverSecond coverFaceFaceBackBackFrontFront

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

dial is bad shape,the value will be in the case,if it is indeed 14k solid gold
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I’m confident it is 14kt! Maybe someone could restore it or use it for parts since it is working.  Have to research what the melt value is, weighs nearly 3 ounces, but that includes internal bits.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

YOU SHOULD BE able to sell it -some may use the hunter case for other projects,value of a hunter case is more than scrap gold.

as to restoration,someone can either replace the dial,but then you would lose the Omega name unless you find another OMega dial of same size which would be hard or patch up the dial ,

Sell it as is,someone would use the case for other pocket watch and then scrap the movements FOR PARTS. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Yes, that’s what I’m thinking - going to check with a local jeweler/watch guy and see what they think! I’m guessing value $1000, maybe more maybe less.

Thanks

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

If it indeed is 3 ounces of 14K gold, then it's scrap value is about $2500.00.

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

3 ounces include the movement,so subtract the movement .
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Thanks for all of your valuable input!

Message 9 of 9
latest reply