cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALERT!!! Fake Watches sellers from Thailand and China

syedali01
Enthusiast
Hi,
I would like to make every one aware of the fake watch sellers and I believe its my duty to make every buyers aware and alert from Fake watch sellers from Thailand and China. I have seen that lots of peoples spending hundreds of dollars on these fake wrist watches buying from Sellers from Thailand and China.
Recently I bought a watch from a seller from Thailand it was Armani Wrist watch, first I got skeptical because the model number and the type of watch from Armani I could not able to find any where on the internet but I have seen few of that kind of watches selling from other sellers in US, but still I think they might be selling fake watch I have found from Armani that they never made any watch by model number AR-5891 or something like that.
So after I won the auction my friend told me that the sellers from Thailand and China never sells you genuine items because he has been to Thailand and China and told me that, in those countries they make replica of every electronics on the earth with so much accuracy that it will take an expert to figure out its fake.

Since I already paid for the item through Pay Pal I send the email to the seller that if he fail to deliver genuine item then I will not only demand the full refund I will blacklist the seller and take legal action against the seller.
The next day I got a reply from the seller I am attaching the original message from seller:

Sorry, we have refunded money to your account because it's not 0rigin@l as per you expectation. Really sorry for this matter.

Even though he refunded complete amount, but still I have seen hundreds of peoples left the positive feedback for this seller after buying Guess, Armani, DKNY watches and I am pretty sure no one before press the seller for genuine watches and happily left the positive feedback for the fake watches I am pretty sure that this seller had sell all the FAKE watches to all the buyers.

My friend also informed me that the peoples on the street of Thailand and China sells fake electronics to American and they think that Americans are fools and in fact they are making American fool on eBay, I think eBay should ban all these sellers from China and Thailand. Of course eBay is not responsible completely for their transaction as we buyer should be aware of these things.

As an American I thought it is my duty to make other fellow Americans aware of these fake sellers.

I will ready to send you the seller information if any one interested or if some one come forward if they bought any watch from Thailand seller.
Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Someone with your deductive ability ought to join the CIA or go to detective school.
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

wjlamp
Enthusiast
You can be more specific,and post the amount of money required by the seller,for the said watch.
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

olsneezy
Enthusiast
Well, it gets better ! Not. I bought a beautiful Seiko watch on EBay from a "Power Seller" with an OK rating, over 98% at an extremely low price. Seller would not leave feedback until I did, that's a warning sign. I asked him if the watch was "authentic", says yes!!
Took it to a Seiko dealer, a watchmaker, he said "it looks genuine" . Finally discovered that the "florescent" markers on the watch are very poor quality, but that's something that Seiko is known for as being very high quality.
At $60 I bought a very nice fake, appears to work OK and he added a spare battery.How long will it last , who knows.:-(
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

olsneezy,

Is this the watch you're talking about?

If so are the pics that the auction uses of the same watch that you received?

You took it to an (I assume) authorized Seiko dealer and they opined that the watch was genuine but you feel that the luminescence isn't up to par so that is enough to make you decide the watch is a fake, impugn the seller is one who sells fakes and advise (in another thread) that ebay is no place that an authentic Seiko watch can be purchased.

I hope that you have more info to share that might make this fall into place.
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

olsneezy
Enthusiast
to: everthingisart, yes looks the same.
It was the luminescence that was the tip off. Several other features don't work and I never thought to check, As well the bracelet seems authentic, but on comparing to 2 other Seiko's, it's a no-no. When the watchmaker looked at it, for maybe 30 seconds, he said he couldn't tell. But he could not verify that it was genuine.
His cost on a similar watch would be more than double my purchase price, and this one came from China, not Japan.
Message 6 of 17
latest reply

gregoryswatches
Trailblazer
I think what everythingisart is trying to say is that you're not taking a very good approach toward "authentication". Concluding that an item is fake just because the luminous markers don't seem right is speculative, at best.

A more comprehensive approach (and one that I would have expected from ANY competent dealer) is to examine the movement. The movement in a fake won't look like the genuine Seiko movement. It may have a fake "Seiko" logo, but will be different in construction, when compared. This is the way you would conclusively identify a fake. I certainly wouldn't post derogatory/defamatory statements about any seller on a public message board until I had such conclusive proof.

Greg
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

There are fake Guess watches being sold on ebay from American sellers. I have reported them repeatedly to ebay but ebay does nothing and these sellers keep selling them. I even found the site where they are buying these fake Guess watches for under $4 a piece. 

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

WOW

fake watches on ebay from China

I can't believe it!!!!

how can  this be possible!!!

someone better alert the media!!!!

quick, before they start making fake Rolex watches too!!

Life has become immeasurably better since I have chosen to stop taking it seriously.
Message 9 of 17
latest reply

I bought a DKNY watch about 5 years ago on EBay. Seller was in U.S. But watch was delivered from China. Watch that came was different color than watch in picture. When I messaged seller, she refunded half my cost to me. I didn't realize it then, but now I know it's a fake. So in total with refund I spent $15. Are there any repercussions I can take now? Knowing now that it is a fake?
Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Hi there all...what is the best way to find out before buying if a watch like Mido for example from a seller from Thailand is a FAKE or NOT???
Is it safe to assume that % 90 percent of Thai sellers are SCAM ARTIST's????
Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Ignore all sellers who do not include a picture of the movement.

Assume modern watches will be fakes.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

@afaur1964 wrote:
Is it safe to assume that % 90 percent of Thai sellers are SCAM ARTIST's????

I would say that if the original watches are made elsewhere in the world, you might reasonably wonder why a seller in Thailand (or China, or Hong Kong) has got a quantity of new ones, and usually at much lower prices.

What compounds the problem with authenticating cheesy "designer" watches selling for wildly inflated prices is that even the real ones can be slapped together with cheap Chinese movements, making it difficult to distinguish them from fakes using movements from similar sources.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply