Vintage
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

I NEED help but not sure where to post this. (Hi! btw!)

I have (possibly) a marked glass blown paperweight. It was left to me by my aunt. It has Holmegaard etched on the bottom with possibly a psg25 (or psa25...or ps625) I'm not sure. Any info would help. At the most, from the research I've done It's poss...

Help with information on pocket knife

I am hoping I can get some help before posting this pocket knife from my Grandfather's collection. It is marked clearly on the tang but I can't find another one like it to determine the worth. Thank you in advance for any help I can get!

Griffen Coat of Arms??

Griffen Coat of Arms?? Can anyone help give more information on this, other than the Griffen and the Fleur-de-lis? It is on the outside of a jewelry box. Thanks in advance. Hope I'm asking on the right board.

101_4604.JPG

Need help with two old perfume bottles

I volunteer at our local American Cancer Society Discovery Shop and today three, beautiful perfume bottles were donated. One was labeled and easily researched (LaBoheme, Paris, 1915) and found to be very rare and valuable which is a bit of an issue w...

Longberger basket ID help needed

Any ideas on where to get help with this Longberger basket? It measures about 7 inches across and2 1/2 inches high. I would appreciate any help on resources/ etc.

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

2 Jean-Baptiste Monnoyer Engravings

Hi All, I have two in color engravings signed J. Batiste Sculpt. Someone told me that the Publisher if Nicolas de Poilly which is also on the engraving. Both are flowers on a table at the opposite side of the table. My question is there is an A.D. st...

Valuing Inventory For Tax Purposes

If you have collectibles that you've collected over the years and don't remember what you paid for them, how do you calculate your profit after you sell them for income tax purposes? Does the IRS accept results of previous sales on ebay, or how about...

Help with small vintage or antique chair Plastic cane seat

JHi ,I don't know anything about furniture and could not find any marks. I don't see any nails to help date it. The cane feels like plastic which I thought was odd, may have been replaced at one point? It's 31 1/4" tall and the seat is at 17 1/4"tall...

IMG_0152.JPG IMG_0153.JPG IMG_0154.JPG IMG_0155.JPG

Help with Louis Cart print. Red Paris stamp and raised windmill mark. "Chilly Ones"

Help This is a tricky one It has the raised windmill and a red Paris stamp but it is a print (I see dots) one the girl and birds, etc. I want to list but do not want to list it incorrectly. What is this? Is it a newer copy? I tried researching but go...

IMG_0136.JPG IMG_0137.JPG

Help with nude painting, I think. Am I a famous pic?

Hello Sorry for the sideways pics. I see there is an art section but it looks like no one answers in there so I hope you don't mind me posting in here. I don't know a lot about art and just picked this up because I thought she was done so nicely. It ...

Help with dating lamps and style TYIA

Sorry for the sideways pics approx 26.5" I have a pair The faceted green balls appear to be glass but refract color so I was thinking they might be crystal Would that be possible? I think these are made very nicely They're a combination of brass and ...

Look at me!! Look at me!! Getting the word out

Im looking for suggestions on how to get word out to specific group of collecfors. Ive gone to the fourms, spent to much time regesterying to be a member...and now i get tons of email. Any other means? Ever have the problem when an object is too rare...