cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help identifying these small plastic pieces.

Resized_20220212_211320.jpegResized_20220212_211505.jpegCame in a box of action figures/accessories from the 1980's. They are about an ich long with little "bumps" on them.  Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Need help identifying these small plastic pieces.

I have no clue what these pieces are, but are you thinking of listing them on ebay? if so, first ponder this: If you don't know what they are, or what they might go to, what is the most money you think you could get out of them? Is the amount enough to really make it worth your while, trying to figure out what they are, or what they go to? I used to drive myself crazy trying to figure out some little nitzie, gritzy piece, and finally decided it just isn't worth the work-effort, for any amount of money I could realistically foresee getting out of it. Sometimes the garbage can is your friend. And yes, I do feel this is information, worthy of consideration. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thanks, been on ebay since 1998. Looking for information not opinions.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@haby,

The logo on them looks familiar but I cannot find it in the archive of toy Mfr. logos that I have saved over the years. That simple style of logo was commonly used by Japanese toy makers in the `50s-`60s. The blank spot in the middle of the "A" having the rough finish on it may mean that a name was deleted and it is from a counterfeited or knock off piece.

As to what they are is anybodies guess.  Were the action figure accessories mostly for one brand, or toy character?  That could give you a clue of where to look, if they were.  They could be standee bases for a cardboard target, part of a play set fort, spaceship, laboratory etc. Maybe some more photos of all sides and the bottom of the pieces would help. Do the holes on the slanted part go all of the way through? The "tab" sticking out on the right end in your first photo looks like it attached to something or is a position register.   There are too many things they could be a part of to give even a wild guess.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Thank you for the reply. They came on a sprue of 8, which was included in a box of mostly 1980's G.I. Joe/Transformers figures & accessories.  Was hoping someone would have some insight on the makers mark. Kida looks familiar to me too. Thanks again!

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Logo kinda looks like AMT

I grew up very near the AMT plant in Troy Mi. and can say with certainty that they never used a logo like that.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Is that the logo on the old Star Trek uniforms?  Just a guess. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply