cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identifying 2 Sad Eye dolls may be from another country

catfishselma
Scout

I have these 2 Sad Eye Dolls and have had no luck in identifying them.  They have an emblem on the front of their outfits that make me think they be from another country.  Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Identifying 2 Sad Eye dolls may be from another country

Your pair of dolls are very reminiscent of Monchhichi dolls from Japan circa '70s-'80s. They are little thumb suckers. 🙂  Here's a link that shows similar dolls made by Gladall (the emblem on the front of the boy's shirt could be the  letter "G" ).  www.supplymicro.com/products/kawaii-lovely-15cm-fairy-tales-monchhichi-monchichi-couples-plush-doll-...

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Your pair of dolls are very reminiscent of Monchhichi dolls from Japan circa '70s-'80s. They are little thumb suckers. 🙂  Here's a link that shows similar dolls made by Gladall (the emblem on the front of the boy's shirt could be the  letter "G" ).  www.supplymicro.com/products/kawaii-lovely-15cm-fairy-tales-monchhichi-monchichi-couples-plush-doll-...

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thank you for your help.  Looked at these and they are similar but the eyes are really different.  However, think I have found them.  I looked up Gege Sekiguchi Anime Japan dolls on EBay and found some with the same eyes.  They had plastic hands and bodies, mine are cloth, but I'm convinced that thes are related to them they are made in Japan. I will list them as such and accept your comments as a solution.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Your help and information you provided was really instrumental in getting me on the right track.  When I checked the site you provided I found some like my dolls with name Gene Sekiguchi doll Anime Japan. That had the same eyes. Thank you so much.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

You are most welcome. Glad I could help.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply