cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Identifying Antique Doll

I'm looking for information and more details regarding the doll shown in the photos below.  I believe she dates from the 1890-1900 time period based on the birthdate of the original owner.    There are no marks on the head that I can see.  I believe all the hair and clothing are original.  Eyes do not move or "sleep."   She is approximately 18" tall.

Doll-001.jpgDoll-002.jpgDoll-003.jpgDoll-004.jpgDoll-005.jpgDoll-006.jpgDoll-007.jpgDoll-008.jpgDoll-009.jpgDoll-010.jpgDoll-011.jpgDoll-012.jpgDoll-013.jpg

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Are there NO markings anywhere like under the hair on the back of the neck?  

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Sometimes the mark is high on the neck under the wig.  

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Thanks to you both for responding.  I unbuttoned the back of the outfit and looked as far down the back as I could.   I've looked with a high intensity led flashlight and I don't see a indented mark or an ink stamp.  The hair/wig is glued on (if that helps at all) .   I don't really want to undress her any further.  

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Here is the link to the dolls and bears group:  https://community.ebay.com/t5/Dolls-Bears/ct-p/1116

Or if you prefer you can find your way there yourself by clicking EBAY GROUPS above, then click EBAY CATEGORIES, then click DOLLS AND BEARS.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thanks, I've posted there as well.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply