cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

You know Shirls, someone should make something to help us keep track of days.  You know, that has the date on it and you can just pull off one at the end of each day so when you get up you can just look and know what day it is?  Of course, we'd probably forget to look at it. <insert big grinny smiley>

It's been so long since I've seen poison oak or ivy I'd probably blunder right into it. 

Sorry about your heat and lack of rain - keeping my fingers and toes crossed that you get rain.  We've cooled down to the 80s and it is nice.  Had a nice breeze going and it was nice enough to eat on the patio last night.

Oh, did you get pics of the royal gown display?  I'll bet the Queen was thrilled!  We're lucky, I don't think the bligerlots know the sheriff keeps us up to date on their activities.  No catching us off guard!  We may have to buzz them anyway, just for giggles - use that cool royal purple smoke and they'll think the Queen is after them.  Oh, I'm so naughty!

1.5 days to the weekend!  I'm taking off early Friday so we can go to the baseball game.  Should be fun.  My niece dropped me off a bunch of shoes yesterday so I need to go through them, fun getting hand me downs from my niece - she has cute stuff.

And off I go - got PT this am and got my fighting shoes on!

Kung-Fu-Frog-Meme - Copy.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 511 of 3,155
latest reply

Ha!  I think I have at least a couple of those things with the date on it that you flip the page at the end of the day or month.  Seems I don't always look at the thing when I get into one of those day mix up debacles.

Big ole dark, heavy clouds went scudding over the house this afteroon. Thunder too. Fine little drops came down.  Then it stopped.  NOTHING!!!  Try again tomorrow.

I remember sometime last year, you got a big ole bag or box of shoes and had a hayday sorting shoes.  Let me know if ya find something cool to wearSmiley Wink

Pictures were not allowed at the gown display.  Queen was pleased.  At least she was not going about shouting; "Off with their heads!!"  I love clueless bligerlots!  Let's do give them a royal buzzing; they won't mess with the Queen.

Friday!  I'm ready for a quiet day.  Hope it just rains all day longSmiley Very Happy 

Have a good time at the game and hope your fighting shoes gave you a boost in vim and vigor this morning.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 512 of 3,155
latest reply

Bummer on no rain.  Hoping for today.

Yes, my niece and her friends regularly get together and trade out shoes and then I get what's left - they buy a lot of shoes so I can generally get a pair or two out of the deal.

I am sore today - they really worked me out at PT yesterday.  But have an early client so I will head into work.

Hm.... what event is coming up that the Queen needs a new, top secret gown?

And off I go - have a great, relaxing Friday!

friday tie - Copy.png

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 513 of 3,155
latest reply

We got .30 of rain today.  It looked promising though.  Was enough so did not have to water stuff tonight and for that I am happy!  It is August and by this time of the year, I am tired of the yard and flowers ha!

Took recycle and then went to KY to fleamarket.  Had not been there for about 3 weeks or so.  Found the cutest yellow wire baskets with handles for Barbie.  3 different sizes for $1.  Enjoy just looking at stuff; it is so relaxing.  I have found some vintage Barbie dolls and clothing there before, so have to check there every now and then.  I did finally sell some of my dolls at the consignment shop last week.  Since the store got moved, business has been a little slow.

Being sore must mean you had a good work-out.  No pain no gain or so they say.   Still doing my morning routine.  As long as I keep doing my back and neck stuff, it feels so much better.  Not having the usual pain in the neck when at the puter.

The bow tie and collar are perfect for that dog.

Here's to a relaxing and fun week-end.  Let me know if you want to do any buzzing as always ready to go.

And remember:  If you are not whitening, you are yellowingSmiley Very Happy

Message 514 of 3,155
latest reply

It has been a lovely daySmiley Happy

How'bout yours?

Message 515 of 3,155
latest reply

I'm back!  Had an incredibly busy weekend and no time for anything I actually wanted to do - know how that goes?  And now it's Monday and I want my weekend back!

Did have a good time at the baseball game on Friday and we won, which is always a plus.

Nice score on the Barbie baskets - going to do something special for Easter?

Supposed to be 94 today - uck.  Then it cools down to the 70s and 80s and maybe some rain tomorrow.

I always think animals are thinking this when they decide you are part of their "pack."

FunnyAnimalPictures - Copy.jpg

Message 516 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh, that is cute!

Just not real chatty tonight.  Got a few things rolling around in the squash.  Don't you hate it when you get something on your mind and can't get it out of there???  Then good friend from back home called with bad news.  Sheesh.  Some days just plain inhale.

Message 517 of 3,155
latest reply

Sorry to hear you got bad news Shirls.  My prayers are with you.

BUT I did figure out why the queen needed a new gown - for today's great event!  It's a splendorous event to be sure!  The fairies are dancing and even the grimrucks are joining the celebration!  Such a great way to commemorate the momentous occasion!

Couldn't log in this morning - lighting took out my internet connection.  Quite the storm too.  Think we're getting another one tonight.

Better go help get dinner started.  Wonder what we're having.

funny-animal-captions-002-005 - Copy.jpg

Message 518 of 3,155
latest reply

{{{Rootie}}}!  Thanks for the messageheart

I tried the new wingdings and webdings font, but they don't look too dingy to me, ha!

The bad news really had nothing to do with me.  It was  bad news for a friend of mine from back home.  Had an immediate family member pass away.

Yes, there has been a lot of celebrating today.  The King's Court was alive with beautiful gowns and the fairies playing games.  Amazing how on days such as this, that even those who are not on good terms can agree to have some fun and join in the festivities.  Lots of noise and fireworks tonight around 8:45 or so, ha!!!

Had a pretty quiet day today.  Stayed in bed for an extra half-hour this morning and felt absolutely guilt free.  I think part of the reason I was feeling rather frumpy yesterday is because I am catching a cold.  Was talking to my cousin on the phone this afternoon and I just kept sneezing.  We just finally had to hang up.  Talk a little...then a sneeze or two...laugh..talk..sneeze ha!

Must have had  bad lightening in your storm.  Hope you don't have another bad one tonight.  Our weather has cleared up which means yesterday was our last chance for some much needed rain.  We did get .25 which amounts to a phart in the wind.

So, what did you have for din din?

I made a chocolate cake yesterday.  Added instant coffee to the dry mix.  The batter sure tasted good, but lost the coffee flavor after it had been baked.  Even added 3 Tbsp.  There must be a certain way to mix it in order to retain the flavor??

Get my eyes checked tomorrow.   That little puff of air always makes me jump.

Message 519 of 3,155
latest reply

IMG006.JPG

and the men were enamored with the great Amazon Wonder Woman & lavished her with gifts.

Message 520 of 3,155
latest reply

I LOVE the amazon woman pic - just as it should be!

Fireworks and everything, huh?  Much merriment going on at the castle while I was slaving away at work - that's ok, I got tacos for dinner so all was right in my world.

Uh, Shirls, if you don't chase the cold you can't catch it. 

We had another thunder storm last night and a bunch of rain - feels nice after so much heat.  Got the house opened up and it smells good.

Stayed up too late watching the baseball game, but it was a good game.  Then had to watch the post-game interviews and then... let's just say I went to bed too late.  Oh well, I can sleep on the weekend, right?

Have a great day!

friends-crazy-dogs - Copy.jpg

Message 521 of 3,155
latest reply

But Rootie, my nose was running and I had to catch it before it got away:-)  Strangest cold I have ever had.  Lasted the one day and that was it.  Maybe it was an allergy or my flu shot is still good or my immune system is still working over-time.  Take your pick, ha!  Was still feeling tired though this morning, so slept an extra 30 mins.  I did do PT though and felt pretty good after that.

It was nice and cool this morning so opened the doors too.  We will be warming up again into the 90's, but at least the nights will cool down nicely.  I like having the windows open when it is cool.  Sleep so much better.

I finally got ambitious and cleared out some stuff from the closet to get ready for consignment tomorrow.  Haven't been doing much of that since the shop relocated.  It is now in a rather out of the way place, so business there has dropped. It used to be right next to the PX and commisary, so got a lot of business.  Sales are not so hot.  Hate to go to all the fuss and then can't sell anything.  May as well just donate, but with the dolls esp.  l like to get something back on them.  I don't take anything of a higher value there; just won't get it there.

Awww, I don't mind being a little crazy.  Enjoy every minute of it. 

Friday is on it's way!! Yahoo!

Message 522 of 3,155
latest reply

That does sound more like an allergy than a cold Shirls.  Or a reaction to change in temperature, weather, whatever.  But at least it's gone!

I just discovered a consignment shop across the street from my office - mostly high end clothes.  Guess where I'll be spending many lunch hours?  They focus mostly on plus sizes so have a limited selection of small & xs but I'm making friends with the owner so she'll hang onto the good stuff for me.

PT this a.m.  Be glad when they are done with me and I can just do things on my own but for now I still need adult supervision or I'll overdo and hurt myself.  I know, I've seen me do it.

And Friday is tomorrow!  I love weekends.  I think sailing is on the agenda Sunday - supposed to be nice weather.

Have a great day and here, have an earworm.

tumblr_mdaxzzOm0t1qbahrjo1_500 - Copy.jpg

Message 523 of 3,155
latest reply

Wow. What the world happened to the ability to post? I can post of course, but half the options are AWOL. I had a pretty good sized post and decided to click on something up there and POOF!! lost the whole thing. I need that same adult supervision when on a computer because every time I click on something, something adverse happens. Again, I say: There is a nice consignment shop back home that I like to visit. It does not have that used clothing odor you notice in other used shops. Everything is CLEAN and good quality clothing/accessories. Last time I went home, visited the store 3 times because everyone I spent some time with like to shop there. Ha ha(can't insert any kind of motie) Hey!! maybe we are getting new moties? I am going to stop here and try posting this just in case it doesn't fly at all and I won't have written a book..............................

Message 524 of 3,155
latest reply

That was fun. Like the way I changed the subject but never a new paragraph? It is called run-on thought processing. No sneezing today. Must have been an allergen. Friday!! Yay! Goof off day! Thing of it is, I usually never goof off the entire day. I want an entire day, OK? Maybe Saturday 'cause the cat will be away for the day...heh heh. Did you get to go sailing the past week-end(or so) as you mentioned? If not, hope you get to go this week-end. I have never been on a sail boat. Cousin had a pontoon boat years ago. I thought that was fun. Guess I left my glass of H2O on the coffee table and have to get up to get it. With that, I guess I bid you a good night and hope you sleep like a lion tonight.

Message 525 of 3,155
latest reply