cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

3933415 - Copy.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 421 of 3,155
latest reply

hiya Rootie, Shirls

Message 422 of 3,155
latest reply

Hey Sonic - good to see you!

Love the pic!

And yeah me!  I have completed my errands for the weekend - got my nails done, picked up some new clothes, got the groceries and am ready to relax and do nothing the rest of the weekend except laundry, some gardening, window washing, etc., etc.  Oh and help dh replace the toliet flange (whatever that is).  Hm... maybe should have gone to a hotel for the weekend.

Neighbors were setting off fireworks at 4:30 this morning.  Really?  I was already up but the rest of the house wasn't until the dog went nuts - she hates fireworks.  Going to be a long weekend for her, glad I stocked up on doggie downers for the poor girl.

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 423 of 3,155
latest reply

Hi Sonic!  Nice surprise!

I hear ya on the fireworks.  Big ones going off last night 'til MN.  There are still a few right now.  Myah is really good with it unless there is just so many and they are close by.  But she still won't take off running & go into hiding.  Amazing since she is kind of a spooky cat.

Kept busy today just to get mind off you know.  Always something to remind you though, even yesterday at the grocery store.

Thanks Pal!heart

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 424 of 3,155
latest reply

Long night last night - fireworks went on until about 2 a.m.  Poop pup was trying so hard to be good but the really close ones really bothered her.  So I was up with her off and on all night.  Good thing I'm taking today off and doing nothing.

Keeping busy is good - want to come do my chores?  Hang in there and be nice to yourself.  <insert huggie smiley>

Here's something to get you thinking in the morning.

18664d860fc6691cc07e1c8a68881a07cf5274c21dda5a8273ab1e2f3c687748 - Copy.jpg

Message 425 of 3,155
latest reply

Happy 5th Smiley Wink

Smiley Very Happy

***********************************************I'm amusing myself~WARd**************************************************************************
Message 426 of 3,155
latest reply

Happy 5th to you too, MarkSmiley Very Happy

I am taking it easy.  Been focusing on a vintage 1961-62 redhead, bubblecut Barbie.  Here are before and after shots:  Not done

:TitianB4.JPG

yet.  This is before.

Message 427 of 3,155
latest reply

TitianAfter.JPG

After.  She has a blue dye stain on her left arm(from clothing being left on).  Using clearasil on that.  She has had a bath, hair done, make-up, and now stain treatment.  That is moving fast and should be gone by tomorrow.  Also a small black dot on her face I am treating.

Message 428 of 3,155
latest reply

She looks so good already!  Is she going to have a broom?

Message 429 of 3,155
latest reply

Smiley LOL  Woman, you crack me up!  Had not considered a broom for this gal, but now that you remind me, the barbies do a have a broom, but I'm not sure which box of doll carp I packed it inSmiley Embarassed  I am enjoying working on this Barbie.  I have to be pretty focused and that is what I need right now.  It is rewarding to take a slightly beat up doll and make them pretty again.

I'm sitting here listening to another night of fireworks.  I suppose you have it going on there too? Poor pup if you do.  I imagine we will have fireworks for the next 2 weeks.

Yesterday I started cleaning out all the birdhouses and did some painting on 3 of them.  Have 5 all together.  3 are bluebird houses and the other 2 are for wrens.  I cleaned out the last wren house today.  It is interesting to see what different birds use for building materials or what they decide to add.  Bluebirds make the neatest nests and use very fine materials.  Bluebirds have not been around here though for the past 3 years.  Sparrows and wrens have driven them out. The sparrows would fight them and the wrens would poke holes in their eggsSmiley Mad Little dickens!  Wrens use sticks and will fill the house to even with the entrance hole.  Since they use the bluebird houses now, that means they have to collect a whole bunch of sticks to fill that house!  Anyway, in the wren house today, found a Q-tip in there.  Last year one of the houses had a large number of shingle staples in it.  I collected those and put them in a display container.  Interesting!   One of the blue bird houses I cleaned yesterday is already about half full of sticks.  Hopefully, they plan on another batch. 

Message 430 of 3,155
latest reply

I just figured she could be your good luck Barbie to ride shotgun on your broom.  After the near miss going over the fireworks, you know.  Good thing the water was nearby and you have the nifty "dunk" manuever down pat!  I was laughing so hard I nearly fell off!  Going to be the talk of the King's Court next week you know - I think one of the fairies was wearing her "google glasses." Broom blooper reel material for sure!

Somebody made us bird houses this year but they have a fatal flaw - no way to open them to clean them.  So I suspect at the end of the year I'll be prying the roofs off and hinging them.  Hope I can do it without damaging them.  Especially one - the design on it kind of makes it look like an angry birdhouse.  I'll get a pic for you.

I actually slept yesterday!  Went to take a nap and slept for 3 hours and was so tired I ended up back in bed at 9 p.m. and slept until 3:30 - yeah me!  I've got to get my sleep habits under control.  I'm hoping with the move over I can start going to work at a reasonable hour and taking off on time so I'll get back into my routine.

Neighbors were actually pretty quiet last night - they did fireworks until about 8 and then quit.  Now watch, they will get going again tonight - on a work night yet.  But hey:

goat - Copy.jpg

Message 431 of 3,155
latest reply

Smiley LOL

Well, I figure since I already have a travel doll that goes with me when I travel back home, may as well have one that can ride shotgun on the broom.  I don't think her hair will blow even at the speeds we can get up to and the hair-raising antics we pull.  That was pretty tricky skimming at the marina and even kind of scared myself.  But that broom handles even better than the Camaro ever didSmiley LOL  I thought I heard you laughing as you zipped by overhead.  I made that fast turn just to see if I was trailing any steam or smoke.  Depends on which faeries were out that night and what they will tell.  I'm sure there will be some 'talk'.  You know how that goes.

I did not sleep worth a hoot last night.  Even got to bed late thinking I would just nod right out.  No such luck.  It has been cool enough to have the windows open at night which was not a good idea last night.  There has been this mockingbird singing every night for past 3 nights and into the day.  I don't know when he sleeps, but he has been on one long singing jag.  Does some great immitations and little dittys that he must have come up with.  If he is serenading or what, I don't know.  Don't mind it at all, however, last night he kept repeating the same 'riff' over and over.  Did not help with the no sleep.  Good thing I could go to late service this morning or I would have been a sight for sore eyes.  I sure wanted to take a nap this afternoon.  I was dragging.  Think I nodded out in the recliner reading the paper, but not for too long.  I have done what you did; sleep 3 or 4 hours in afternoon and still be able to go to bed early and sleep the full night.  THAT is when you know you are completely bushed.  I am glad that things(hopefully) will get back to norm for you.  Seems your routine has been discombobulated for a while now.  I can think of another date coming up that will help you return to a normal routine as well.  Fingers X'd.

So far, no-one is blasting tonight and sure hope they don't wait too late.  DH hits the sack pretty early since he gets up with the birds in the AM.

Just what you need; a pet goat to take to the beach.  He seems to be enjoying himself and taking it all inSmiley Wink

Good night Rootie and have a splendid week.  See you manana.

Oh yes, I would like to see that birdhouse!

Message 432 of 3,155
latest reply

I'll try to get the birdhouse pic tonight.

And yes, I was laughing at the broom manuever.  Have to admit it was pretty funny, yes?  Think we'll have to plan the next one to be a bit less exciting -maybe just buzz some campers?

Off to work kind of early today - still sorting and then there's the work I need to actually do.  Kind of left that behind recently.

Have a great day!

snooze - Copy.jpg

Message 433 of 3,155
latest reply

@shirleys809304 wrote:

Happy 5th to you too, MarkSmiley Very Happy

I am taking it easy.  Been focusing on a vintage 1961-62 redhead, bubblecut Barbie.  Here are before and after shots:  Not done

:TitianB4.JPG

yet.  This is before.

DW came in to the office, where I have been posting from lately and saw this...this  ^^^  thingy and asked  what the &^#$& am I doing?

@It's not that often that she catches me looking @ dolls...and certainly none that looked like they just got out of the shower!!!

***********************************************I'm amusing myself~WARd**************************************************************************
Message 434 of 3,155
latest reply

Smiley Very Happy

Message 435 of 3,155
latest reply