cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Corny, most certainly but also funny!

We're up to a whopping 53 this morning but the wind is going something fierce.  Keeping fingers crossed that we don't lose power.

Girl Scout cookies!  I'm avoiding them this year - I love all of them!  Might pick up a box or two for the guys - that should last, oh about 12 seconds.  They like junk food.

Valentines Day is coming.  I think dh gets a nice big hug since we're going to the coast later in the month for our anniversary.  Rather spend the money that way.  Dh is going to teach me to fly his fighter kite if it's not raining too hard.  That should be fun!

Have a great Wednesday!

And this reminds me of every cat I have ever had!

determination - Copy.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 16 of 3,155
latest reply

The people who thought they would fend off cats by hanging the birdhouse on a brick wall was WRONGSmiley Very Happy

You are in a heat wave!  But I don't like the wind.  You would think after having grown up in NE I would be used to it, but I hate it.

We were 20* this morning and actually made it to 40* this afternoon.  A bit overcast though.  Down south further is a big mess.

Going to the coast sounds like so much fun.  Hope the weather is good for you.  What kind of ammo does the fighter kite use?  Or does the kite just plain fight you when trying to fly it?  I think that is the type I have tried to fly in the past.  I do love to watch kites though.  Had a neighbor who used to fly kites from his deck.  Neat.

Tomorrow is grocery shop day!! Woohoo!  That day comes up all too quickly.  Means a quick stop at the thrift store.  It will be closing soon and relocating.  It won't be in such a convenient spot any more.  I bet business will slow down a bit.

Myah keeps my lap nice and warmheart

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 17 of 3,155
latest reply

catwithpet.jpg

heart

Message 18 of 3,155
latest reply

Aww... how cute!  I love it when kittens hug their toys.  Of course, my two seem to think I'm their toy!

The warmer weather is nice and they've been getting some snow in the mountains so the skiiers are happy.  I'm happy with the snow staying up in the mountains where it belongs!

The fighter kites fight other kites.  No ammunition - but what a great idea!  Load that sucker up with marshmellows and pelt people!

Can I send you my grocery list?  It's not long, mostly just the perishables.  Thanks, you're a doll!
  <insert grinning smiley>

PT is on the schedule for me this morning (yuck) and then work, work, work, work.  If I can dislodge the cat from my lap.  Have to make sure to close my laptop at night or in the morning this is what I find:

working - Copy.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 19 of 3,155
latest reply

Sure, you can send me your grocery list.  You may have something on there I like.  Thanks, hee hee.

We may have come close to 50* today!!  Look of shock!  Look of shock!  But, I know what that means when we have a warm up......it rains.  Supposed to start around noon tomorrow.  So, I had better get my playing done out of doors before lunch.

That works out pretty well for everyone then; the skiers are happy and the lower altitude non-skiers are happy too.  Your state must be full of happy people.  Right? ha!

I've been working on my neck this week and it sure does feel better.   I still think that chiro messed my neck up.   Never had a problem with it until after he did his damage.

The cat there takes the cake, eh?  Me me me me me!!!  Myah is here on my lap.  She just sticks to me like glue.  Like DH calls her; 'Velcro Kitty'. 

I have a kite downstairs that I bought at a yard sale 2 years ago.  It is  toucan shaped.  Can't imagine it flying very well, but it sure is prettySmiley Happy

Message 20 of 3,155
latest reply

Friday!

We're staying the same Shirls - 50s and rain.  Had some beautiful sun breaks yesterday - actually went out and walked around the parking lot without a coat on.  Very nice.  I really feel for all the people getting the real winter weather.  We've actually had a pretty easy time of it this year, only a few below freezing days (relatively).

I was going to clean carpets this weekend but my PT guy suggested that is not a good household chore for me to be tackling quite yet so I'm off the hook!  Guess I'll finish up the closets instead.  Or not.

Glad your neck is feeling better.  We've been working on those muscles in PT and apparently I have a tendency to raise my shoulders up and tighten my neck muscles - no wonder the dern things hurt. 

So did you get something good for Valentines Day dinner while you were out shopping?  Did you get those gorgeous NY steaks I wanted for me?  Thanks pal!

Plan on getting a ton done at work today since boss is gone.  Then I won't have to work this weekend (right). 

Its-Friday - Copy.jpg

Message 21 of 3,155
latest reply

We like to mix it up over here.  Take today.  Yesterday got to mid 50's (according to paper).  Today, maybe upper 40's.  It was a beautiful morning and was raining by noon.  Wind is blowing like crazy now and temp supposed to drop to 18*.  Next week, we may reach 70* and have thunderstorms.  Variety is the spice in life, so they say.

I think part of the problem with my neck too is the fact I draw my shoulders up when at the computer.  I only get on here at night, but am usually on for at least  2-3 hours.  I try to be mindful and drop those shoulders, but you know.  It is no wonder those muscles get sore and in knots.  It is the knots I try to massage out and that can hurt like crazy but it sure helps.  Tis funny we both draw our shoulders up when at the puter, but I bet a lot of other folks do the same thing and are not aware of doing it.  Like right now, I caught them!!!  Way up to my ears (well.....almost).....pretty up thereSmiley LOL  Rolling shoulders now, ha!!!  I may be doing it when I drive too, but not as much.  Crazy huh?

Valentine's Dinner?  Was i supposed to make something special? giggle.

Crazy monkey!  Look at him.  Love the hairy arms and little fists.....can you imagine having one for a pet?  Which reminds me.  Went to Petsmart today.  Saw a cute little dog there today with her human.  The dog was wearing a red tutu and she seemed to be pretty comfortable there at the store with her tutu on.  Cute

Have you been watching much of the winter olympics?  hate to admit it, but I haven't. 

Not sure what will be doing tomorrow.  Would like to just stay on the sofa and watch movies all day, but that will never happen.  Maybe I can catch a nice nap.  Hope you don't have any work to do and can just kick up your heels or take a nap too.

Message 22 of 3,155
latest reply

Happy Saturday!

Well, at least you can't get bored with your weather!  We actually had the house opened up some for a little bit yesterday - it was nice to get some fresh air in. 

I have a little reminder program on my computer that goes off every 30 minutes to remind me to change position, do some stretching - it really helps.  PT gave me some really simple stretching exercises that help me keep my shoulders down and I try really hard not to hunch but that seems to be the default position.

The expression on that monkey's face is just too funny but I can't imagine having one as a pet - be like having a kid around all the time!  Then again, the 3 pets I have require constant attention which I am happy to bestow on them!  But exactly what was the purpose of the tutu on the dog?

Haven't been watching the Olympics - keep meaning to but... welll, you know, that life thing.

Got up waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early this am - I feel a nap coming on.  Then maybe cleaning the rest of the closets if I get that much energy.  Got 3 days to do it so I'm sure it will happen about 4 p.m. on Monday!

saturday dream - Copy.jpg

Message 23 of 3,155
latest reply

I think the red tutu on the dog was for Valentine's Day?  Only reason I could come up with to put a red tutu on your dog.

Had some fun today.  I brought up that we needed to do some pruning on the trees before spring erupts next week.   It was about 28* but no wind so out we went at around 9:30.   Then after we finished the pruning, decided to start taking down some of the dying Mimosa.  Initially, I was just going to burn all the stuff on a later date, but we decided to take the old pickup-truck out for a spin.  So, we loaded up, tied a tarp over the back and hauled it all to the landfill.  By the time we finished doing that it was 3 pm and we were hungry so decided to eat chinese.  Then we went to Lowes, picked up some paint samples for the living room, looked at carpeting,  and purchased some new outdoor mats.  Not done yet, went to Krogers and bought some tuna fillet for poke.  It was nearly 6pm by the time we got home.  That shower felt very good!  Tomorrow is going to be a day of rest for sure.

Cats can be really pompous can't they?  Myah has also figured out a way to get her coat off......if she is under the covers, she backs out from under and voila!!!  Off comes the coat.Smiley Tongue

Yep, I am working on those shoulders too.  I think I need to weight them down, ha!

Did you know that Barbie is going to be featured in Sports Illustrated 50th anniv. swimsuit issue due out next week?  She will be the cover wrap on aprox. 1000 issues.  Can't guess who is going to look for one of those issues......There is also a doll and I have ordered one of those.  Hopefully can get an issue of the mag to go with it(esp. one with her on the cover wrap).

Message 24 of 3,155
latest reply

Hooray for Sunday and coffee and the paper!

Love to see what the tutu wearing dog gets to wear on St. Pat's day!

That sounds like a fun day Shirls!  I did absolutely nothing productive yesterday - it was awesome!

But today is laundry, food shopping, clothes shopping day.  And maybe cleaning day - we'll see how far I get.

The wind was really going last night so I was up part of the night with a nervous dog - she doesn't like noises that she can't identify.  Every time there was a new thump she'd whine.  Got to do something about the limbs that are close to the shed outside, I think that's where most of the noise came from.

Q had a really great day - I got a shipment that included a big box.  He thought that was great fun - dragged his toys in there and was just having a good old time.  May have to leave the box out for him for awhile.  See how long it takes him to destroy it!

Message 25 of 3,155
latest reply

Ah.... 3 day weekends, gotta love them!  Actually slept in (okay, I got up and then went back to bed!).

Terribly windy here last night - rattled everything until about midnight and then calmed down.

Have a ton of stuff on my "to do" list (like 68) - let's see if any of it gets done.

Speaking of animals wearing clothes:

phoebe-sweater-cats-funny-comics - Copy.JPG

Message 26 of 3,155
latest reply

This was a pretty good 3 day week-end.  It went by much too fast though.  Sunday was a blur.  Left the house at 9 and got home around 1pm.  The day pretty much flew.  Today was the usual cleaning day.  When vacuuming I noticed a few little black tufts......I guess Myah has really decided she needs to groom the fur collar of her coat.  Since she can't pull her own hair now, she is starting to pull the fur out of the collarSmiley LOL  At least her 'real coat' is having a chance of growing back.

Supposed to be a nice today and it did warm to about 62*.  It stayed cloudy and rainy most of the day and then the wind blew like crazy for a while.  Amazing that we can go from teens to 70's in but just a few days.  Thursday predicted temps in the 70's.  Freezing rain, sleet and snow are also gone and will be replaced with severe thunderstorms, damaging winds, and isolated tornados possible.  Honestly, I think I could keep the colder weather for a little while longer.  Humans are so hard to please when it comes to weather, ha!  Every body prays for this or that or the other.  Maybe that is why we get so much of this, that, or the other.  He is answering all those prayersSmiley LOL

Haven't decided yet on the color for the living room.  Then I began to think about some of the other things that need to get done.  That list just never ends and the calender has appt. reminders all the way up through early April already.  Keep repeating:  Live for today, live for today; one day atta time.

I think Phoebe is wishing the new sweater had fringe.  "If only there were some fringe.  I just love to chew fringe".  She is definitely thinking about something with that sweater.  I think leaving the box for Q to mess around in for a while sounds like a great idea.  Used to leave the big brown grocery sacks for Muffin, a Maine Coon mix I had.  She would play in them for a bit and then tear them to pieces.  The progress she would make in one work day was phenoninal.  Was always good for a laugh when came home after a day's work.

Message 27 of 3,155
latest reply

Glad you had a good weekend Shirls - it did go by too fast though didn't it?  We're taking a 3.5 day weekend the end of the month for our anniversay trip - it will be nice to get away for a few days.

You may have a point with the weather although ours has pretty much settled into about 50 with rain and wind.  I'll take it - at least it's not freezing with snow!

Makes sense that Myah would try to groom her coat - that's what cats do.  Wonder why she's still pulling her hair?  After this long you'd think she'd feel safe with you but I guess they can stress for no real reason too.

Yeah, I left the big box out for Q - he's just having way too much fun with it and since I ran out of the super size brown bags it's nice for him to have his own toy (besides the pup).

Dh wants it to quit raining so he can play with his new chainsaw.  I suspect I'll come home one day and all the trees and bushes in my yard will be down to nothing!

And cats can get into the darndest things while we're gone, can't they?

squares - Copy.jpg

Message 28 of 3,155
latest reply

Good morning. Ladies.  I hope you have a nice day.  As always, love your pics.  

********************************************************************************

The fragrance always remains in the hand that gives the rose.

For the sake of others, please learn CPR. You could save a life.

Message 29 of 3,155
latest reply

The breeder said that Myah started all the hairpulling after her 7th pregnancy(the one she started to hemorrhagewith and needed emergency spay).  She also started to not get along with their cats and became very jealous of anyone paying attention to any other cat or person and not her.  The vet said she is probably  neurotic.  She gave me some psych med to give her(oral) but I am not going to fight this cat to give it to her.  I have a friend in LA who has several cats; one a hair puller.  Says she has had the cat for a number of years and still pulls it's hair.  So, I guess she will spend her life now as a hair puller.  I have tried the calming sprays, the bitter apple, and none of these things work.  At worst, they just agravate her more when putting the stuff on.  She is happy right now because she is on my lap.

Heat wave today!  In the low 60's!  I decided this morning to get my hair cut.  Had been cutting my own these past  few months.  Last professional cut was in October.  So, this cut will last me a while as is pretty short again.  gives me a few months to go onSmiley Embarassed  The gal told me I had not done too bad of a job cutting.  More practice is coming up.

A new chainsaw in a DH's hands???  oh dear.  DH bought one aprox. 2-3 years ago when we lost a tree to 80mph straight wind.  So he had the perfect opportunity to do some cutting.  We did use it again this past Saturday.  It sure makes short work of things.  Ha! Yeah, you will come home to a whole new look in your yard one day.  Hey, maybe he can use it on your pee-onniesSmiley LOL

The cat in the TP.  He was verrry busy.  My old Siamese liked to tear kleenex from the box and shread it.  She would also roll out the TP, but not too much....she was a conservative....ha!

Message 30 of 3,155
latest reply