cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Elle3.JPG

Elle decided it was time for a break from the everyday grind

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 136 of 3,155
latest reply

I was about to part with 'Elle' when I decided to do something different with her.  I think she is a Jaks Pacific doll.  She is about 15 and half inches tall.  Bigger than Barbie, but not as big as the Tonner dolls. She has only one outfit.  But, Elle decided to 'borrow' a few articles of clothing and some accessories from 4 different dolls.  Shoes from Darci by Kenner, sunglasses from the Tonners, purse from Moxy Teenz, and dress from Barbie(bodice is too small & rolled down, but skirt JUST fits.  (would be longer on Barbie). I think Elle is a keeper now, so she is celebrating.

Message 137 of 3,155
latest reply

Elle1.JPG

Shoes can be really tough to find for some dolls. So when you have just one of different size doll, they often go shoeless.  But shoes from an older doll by Kenner seemed to fit.  They are kind of hard to find.

Message 138 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh, I like Elle!  She looks all ready for summer!  She can be our new mascot can't she?

Glad to hear the neck is easing up - that's miserable.  My physical therapist tells me to keep my shoulders down - gave me stretches to teach the muscles how to do that.  It's hard when you're at a desk most of the day but it is making a difference.

We did the rain and 50 with sunbreaks yesterday and I think they are calling for thunderstorms today.  But I can tell we're heading for nice weather - the roses have put on new leaves, the lilacs are getting ready to burst and the cherry tree is blossoming.  Hooray!

Looks like a work weekend this week.  Oh well, I'll find a couple of days to sneak out soon!

Have a happy Friday!  Although I kind of feel like this little guy.

participate - Copy.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 139 of 3,155
latest reply

WWitch.JPG

Did someone say the goblins were marching?(my little darlings)

Message 140 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh, she's gorgeous!

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 141 of 3,155
latest reply

Elle can be our new mascot; you betcha!

I'm curious what the stretches are since they seem to be working for you.  Mebbe you could email me about them when you have the time.  Went to bed with the bean-bag heat pad last night.  I really have to concentrate on keeping my shoulders DOWN when at the computer.  If you don't pay attention, next thing you know the shoulders are up to your earsSmiley Tongue

It may have reached the low 60's today.  Was sure humid, so made it feel pretty warm.  Had a good day today.  After took the recycle I went to the flea market.  Saw a lot of neat stuff today.  I did buy two pretty scarf pins.  Funny thing is, I don't wear a scarf too often, but I am sure I can find a way to wear them or make use of them.  Was a little bummed when got home though.  Had the scheduled maintenance on the car almost 3 weeks ago.  I have not noticed any oil leak since.....until today.  They were not sure where the leak was coming from, so they cleaned the engine really well to be able to see for sure where the leak is.  It is either the valve cover gasket or the main head gasket.  I am hoping for the valve cover because to fix the main, the transmission needs taken out.  That means $$$$Smiley Sad  So, keep fingers crossed.

Don't work too hard this week-end.  Not sure what I will do.  It is supposed to be rainy most of the day tomorrow.  I feel like writing some letters and have some very pretty 'empty' cards that are just waiting to be used.  I used to write a lot of letters but since the computer, letters are seldom written.  I have a whole drawer that is full of just stationery, cards, and the like.  What's so funny about that is, it seems when I need to send a card for a specific occasion I never have what I need so have to run out and buy one.  The whole purpose of a drawer full is never having to do thatSmiley LOL

Message 142 of 3,155
latest reply

Rootie!!  I did not see you sneak in last night.  You must have been in stealth modeSmiley LOL  It is from being around cats all those years, ha!  Well, tonight I am leaving the porch-light on for ya.  I think we are going to watch movies for a while, so it may be late when I get back in here as well.

BOO!

I think I am in the wrong season.  But, it is 42*, cloudy, rainy and windy...and I hear the goblins...

Yeah, Wicked Witch is a beauty isn't she?  50th Anniv. Barbie as the witch.

Message 143 of 3,155
latest reply

witchnwindow.JPG

The Witch in the window...

Message 144 of 3,155
latest reply

I like the witch at the window!  Maybe she's waiting for the goblins?

Craziness the last few days!  Must be the start of spring.

I will email you those stretches Shirls.

Back at it!  Just wanted to check in.  and, of course, share a cool cat!

shaken - Copy.jpg

Message 145 of 3,155
latest reply

Happy Monday!

It's the start of a new week - full of optimism that this week everything will go smoothly, I'll win the lottery and a unicorn will appear in my backyard!  Ok, how about all my clients do what they are supposed to and show up on time?  The unicorn is probably more likely!

Supposed to just be cloudy today - no rain.  Hooray!  We could do with less rain right this minute.  It's really hampering recovery efforts at the slide zone.

Off to work I go, so here's your Monday happy!

funny-monday-pictures-17 - Copy.jpg

Message 146 of 3,155
latest reply

I had a little Kid once, for about a week till we found it's owner.

It would jump on the kitchen table (glass) and butt the sliding glass doors.

The little Goat's owner said he would be taking out the horns.Smiley Sad

***********************************************I'm amusing myself~WARd**************************************************************************
Message 147 of 3,155
latest reply

Did you ever see that pic I posted of the little goat I had Shirls?

***********************************************I'm amusing myself~WARd**************************************************************************
Message 148 of 3,155
latest reply

I like that 'full of optimism' attitude for a Monday!  But, about that unicorn in your back yard.............

Getting in late.  Watched a movie tonight.  I'll check my email later for those exercises.  I am doing some that I had to look up the name.  I'll let you know if they are the same as what you are doing.  Thanks Pal!   My neck has improved, but it is the exercises that help keep it 'in line'.

Beautiful day yesterday and today was even better.  I think we may have reached the 70* mark!!  Chances of rain again tho for the next 3-4 days. So, I just had to be in the yard yesterday afternoon.  Messed around out there for 2 and half hours.  Could not believe the raking of leaves that had piled up in the corners and blown into the flower beds.  Thought I had done 20 bags last fall?  Found another 5Smiley LOL  I figure why not, when the city is offering to pick them up for free.  Moved some of my potted plants out that have wintered in the basement.  3 of those are trees; a mimosa, a weeping willow, and an oak.  Started the mimosa from seed, the willow from a slip, and the oak from seed.

I heard on the news that it may take as long as this fall to find everyone in that mudslide. 

The kitty is pretty cool.  He would make a good partner with Myah.  Very handsome and love his bowtie collar.  That little goat is so cute!!  I think they are adorable!  An elderly man down the road a ways used to have a little 'herd' of them.  Always thought one in the back yard would have been fun.

Mark- It almost seems that I remember your post of a little goat.   The miniatures don't get very big and they are terribly cuteSmiley Happy

Message 149 of 3,155
latest reply

Well, what movie did you watch?

Didn't get the email sent - my work computers decided to go all fluey yesterday and I played IT all day.  Something to do with something in settings in switching - it's too early in the am to explain.

I'm anxious to get out in the yard but it's been raining every time I have a day off.  That's my excuse any way.

Out the door early to make up for all the work I didn't get done yesterday playing with computers.  But at least my Ms won last night!

Today I am going:

corgis - Copy.jpg

Message 150 of 3,155
latest reply