cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a Place to Post, Laugh........Vent, Unwind...........Share Chocolate

I think this might be a great place to kinda land and connect with a some friends.

@coastaltechsolution 

@silverstatetreasureboxes 

@downunder-61 

Can you please invite some folks to come and post and bring some snacks?  I think I will just keep 2 screens open and coastal picked the name of this place - "dingy falls"........so when ya need a little respite, please let me know to "dingy" and I will dingy over!

Katz

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 1 of 8,721
latest reply
8,720 REPLIES 8,720

Re: Need a Place to Post, Laugh........Vent, Unwind...........Share Chocolate

@policequilts wrote:

"I am overwhelmed by the sheer magnitude of that project."

It is a big project.
I just wish that this would of happened earlier in the year that I would be able to get more done before winter and the shorter days are here.

The part that will be "dangerous" and I have to dress differently is

I was able to see on top of one set of box stalls that it is PILED with raccoon scat.  I sort of have a plan and set aside some clothing that can be dumped after this. I have plenty of masks. 

The other 2 stalls has lots of heating ducts and such and I wouldn't be surprise if that is where the raccoons are hiding or was hiding.  This project won't be done until sometime next year and that I can do some research for the best way to do this.

what kind of snakes you got: may find some of them as well as some spiders etc.....

Message 5086 of 8,721
latest reply

@donsdetour wrote:

@policequilts wrote:

@donsdetour wrote:

So who owns all this stuff???

The contractor owns the equipment entering the barn in the isles, 2 of the stalls and a corner of the barn.

The owner of the farm owns the scaffolding, and all the lumber upon lumber, pipes, heating ducts, cabinets, floor jacks, windows, and the whole back side that has totes and such.

It is a real mess.  LOL

And of course you volunteered to straighten and clean it up>>..( Claim your to old fer it....).

But I do understand.

Sorted and cleaned up would make some usable space..

Too old, sometimes I feel like it when I am cleaning homes and gardening work for clients.

Then I get strange projects that my clients ask if I can do or not.

When I purchased my home, I did cement work, wood working, siding, to demolish of things at my home. I even did some mechanical work on my trucks ( until I got stuck - another story - I should of used jacks )

I am in my 60's and had been in a car accident that did some damage to the body.

Yes, I did volunteer.  Part of the deal was that I would get the corner section that he is using for his tools. One of them is an engine hoist that I can sell.  But I do feel that this contractor should of been tidy with any of the left over items that have been used or not used.

* I do charge the owner of the farm for my mowing service and this year, I started clearing brush / grapevines and such.  The cleaning of the barn I won't charge her. I feel that it was not fair of the contractor to be a slob and to someone that kept him working through the winters year's back.  The owner is in her late 80's  and a few years back, had a broken neck.  I can't believe she came out of it and that she had to wear a halo.  ( we kid that that might be the only halo that she will see   LOL )

Snakes are not really a problem.  Some grass snakes.

Spiders could be a problem.  I normally wear gloves and do sweep downs.

Message 5087 of 8,721
latest reply

@policequilts wrote:

@donsdetour wrote:

@policequilts wrote:

@donsdetour wrote:

So who owns all this stuff???

The contractor owns the equipment entering the barn in the isles, 2 of the stalls and a corner of the barn.

The owner of the farm owns the scaffolding, and all the lumber upon lumber, pipes, heating ducts, cabinets, floor jacks, windows, and the whole back side that has totes and such.

It is a real mess.  LOL

And of course you volunteered to straighten and clean it up>>..( Claim your to old fer it....).

But I do understand.

Sorted and cleaned up would make some usable space..

Too old, sometimes I feel like it when I am cleaning homes and gardening work for clients.

Then I get strange projects that my clients ask if I can do or not.

When I purchased my home, I did cement work, wood working, siding, to demolish of things at my home. I even did some mechanical work on my trucks ( until I got stuck - another story - I should of used jacks )

I am in my 60's and had been in a car accident that did some damage to the body.

Yes, I did volunteer.  Part of the deal was that I would get the corner section that he is using for his tools. One of them is an engine hoist that I can sell.  But I do feel that this contractor should of been tidy with any of the left over items that have been used or not used.

* I do charge the owner of the farm for my mowing service and this year, I started clearing brush / grapevines and such.  The cleaning of the barn I won't charge her. I feel that it was not fair of the contractor to be a slob and to someone that kept him working through the winters year's back.  The owner is in her late 80's  and a few years back, had a broken neck.  I can't believe she came out of it and that she had to wear a halo.  ( we kid that that might be the only halo that she will see   LOL )

Snakes are not really a problem.  Some grass snakes.

Spiders could be a problem.  I normally wear gloves and do sweep downs.

Understood;

glad the LL made it through their experience. At that age and is doing well with that type of injury is a great thing.

Oh and jack stand do save you a lot of problems for sure.

Such a project as the barn should remind you that you aint 30 any more,

LOL.

I be to old for that is a great excuse these days. and some days I am.....

Message 5088 of 8,721
latest reply

@policequilts 

WOW - those pix remind me of "where's Waldo"............good grief, that is one dumpster fire waiting to happen!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Message 5089 of 8,721
latest reply

@policequilts wrote:

@nuclearomen 

* No hoarder, but a very slow contractor that is suppose to get the house rebuilt and a lot of the wood might be used yet, for more construction.

*  They raised the house up  ( main house and gentleman's apartment - almost a duplex size) and the field stone was removed and a new cement poured floor and cement brick walls. There is a section of the basement that was hand dug and cemented.

*  The house is actually framed with 2x6's and it's framed differently than the original home. All they have to do is pop off the outer walls and drop them. Then new exterior plywood, weather proofing and steel siding.  (The whole floor plan is different and rebuilt. Stairways are in different areas, windows are different and such. 

*   Just a really big project and the contractor has a hard time finding workers. Some of them will work for a few days and quite because "it's too hard of work."

sounds like someone's spending a ton... concrete alone these days are insane cost. 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 5090 of 8,721
latest reply

Lucy.jpg

Cooper - Enjoying his new bed.jpg

Merlin the Biter.jpg

Need new pix.

They are all in terrorist mode and I cannot find a pix easily of the feral one...........

Posting ID Only.......
Message 5091 of 8,721
latest reply

Uuuuuuuuuugh... I have Covid.  The only time I've ever been this sick is when I had pneumonia and lost 10 lb in two weeks.  I can barely go from one room to the other.

Fortunately, I have help at home and don't need to do anything with inventory or my online stores until Tuesday when I'm done with the Paxlovid and out of quarantine.

ETA:  That barn looks like a challenge, alright!

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 5092 of 8,721
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

Uuuuuuuuuugh... I have Covid.  The only time I've ever been this sick is when I had pneumonia and lost 10 lb in two weeks.  I can barely go from one room to the other.

Fortunately, I have help at home and don't need to do anything with inventory or my online stores until Tuesday when I'm done with the Paxlovid and out of quarantine.

ETA:  That barn looks like a challenge, alright!

sorry...the hip pain is like the flu...but more like someone stabbing you with a rambo knife in the hip... then instead of pulling it out, maybe twisting with tiny moves back and forth... for at least a day... worst part I had anyways...and I slept a lot...like 32 hrs lol.... hope feel better. BTW didn't take anything, not vax'd - that Pax stuff may end up having it twice as it resets your immune system

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 5093 of 8,721
latest reply

The Paxlovid is an anti-viral, so it won't reset anything, but it should curtail symptoms.  I have friends who have taken it and some who have not, but they've had different severity of Covid.  A work associate's spouse died of it not long ago - yet another friend barely had symptoms.

It's crazy stuff! 

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 5094 of 8,721
latest reply

pandi_02.png

The haven! Where I don't get yelled at by customers and buyers!

I am not an eBay employee but I sure feel like one sometimes
eBay Community Mentor Since 8-07-2023
Used to be panda75654
This is my only account. I do not own any other eBay accounts and will not ask for personal information. Stay safe!
Message 5095 of 8,721
latest reply

Thank you!!

Message 5096 of 8,721
latest reply

Thank you so much!

Message 5097 of 8,721
latest reply

Well, the temperature will be starting in the 40's and highs in the 50's.

This will curtail some of the barn work. 

Need to see if I have an really old coat for only working down at the barn.  (dang - tossed the jean coat out last year that I had for twenty years and had lots of holes forming. )

Start to empty out the water barrels before the real cold comes through.

Grabbing the peppers and onions to freeze them.

There's 2 watermelons that look right.  YEAH

Dreary today and some chances of rain so that I will get the front porch cleaned up and try to work on the back porch.  I still haven't gone through my late sister's items. 

UGGgggggh   Where's the 36 hour days ?

Message 5098 of 8,721
latest reply

@katzrul15 wrote:

@policequilts 

WOW - those pix remind me of "where's Waldo"............good grief, that is one dumpster fire waiting to happen!

Oh.

Waldo is is on the right side, under the three 2x6's, wedged between a metal chair and air compressor, and he is caught on the oil plug.   😄  😄

Message 5099 of 8,721
latest reply

I see something in one photo that looks like R2D2.   Might be a shop vac, though...or it might not be....

— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 5100 of 8,721
latest reply