cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay doesn't protect sellers

southernbell57
Enthusiast

Ebay doesn't care about there sellers! It's all about the buyers! If it wasn't for sellers ebay wouldn't be here! They always agree with buyers screw the sellers is what they policy should really say! You follow the rules and you think your protected but your not!

Message 1 of 111
latest reply
110 REPLIES 110

Re: ebay doesn't protect sellers

One thing to know when you have Ebay send the buyer a return mailing slip it's only standard priority with only the $50.00 insurance. In other words the return item was insured by You the seller to the buyer for the full cost of the item after it's sold. Ebay will not honor to investigate a damaged returned item. They say so sorry we don't do that contact the post office.

They say to send buyer a slip yourself have an account with the shipper and pay the extra insurance yourself. I told them why not give an option for the seller to add the extra cost of the insurance to their slip. Crickets.

Message 91 of 111
latest reply

I had a seller who claimed item was out of stock, sold 2 more identical items one within 4 days the other within 8 days after claiming out of stock and Ebay would do nothing!! Obvious to me the seller was providing commissions and ebay did not care to look into it. I was very disappointed!!! Well see if the Better Business Bureau can get a little better answer as to why they allow this type of seller to continue to operate.
Message 92 of 111
latest reply

The better business is not going to do squat..

The world of honesty that we grew up in is gone, certain groups of a new culture made sure of that.

It's the Old West again folks get use to it sad to say.

Ebay will never honor an honest seller.

I have a seller trying to railroad one of my products i sell simply because he didn't figure it out first.

Can't contact him i can't buy from him hell i didn't even know he existed until i found what he was doing.

I reported to Ebay a dozen times have him take the slanderous comments down from his auction.

I could care less what hes selling it's just the obvious comments attached is enough to see who he's talking about.

Nope nothing, like a Chines sellers reply when something is lost,

"my Friend and most valued customer. So sorry for the inconvenience but there is nothing we can do"..

We live in a sad morally empty world now...

Message 93 of 111
latest reply

I'm right with you I put no returns they claim it's broken they send it back it's not broken yet I have to pay all the shipping charges to and back the person when they just really change their mind when I try to prove to them there was nothing wrong with the item in the first place eBay doesn't listen and says there's nothing I can do about it this is not fair they're breaking their own rules that they made
Message 94 of 111
latest reply

"Selling lots are a risk anywhere online"

NOT ALWAYS

"CRAIGSL AND F-BOOK" -- NEVER HAD MUCH OF A PROBLEM PLUS I RARELY SEE A SCAMMER ON FACEBOOK MARKETPLACE!!  AND YOU CAN MEET BEFORE YOU BUY AT EITHER VENUE. NEVER HAS AN ISSUE WITH ANYONE(OOOPS EBAY MAY TRY TO CHARGE ME BECAUSE I ONCE SOLD SOMETHING OUTSIDE OF HERE) SCHEEESH

I SUGGEST THESE BEFORE "HERE", MAYBE YOU WONT LOSE POSSIBLY THOUSANDS WHEN SOME DA BUYER/SCAMMER WANTS TO RETURN A 'NOW' BROKEN HIGH DOLLAR ITEM MONTHS AFTER THEY RECEIVE IT FOR 'NAD'  AND YOU LOSE A RESELLABLE ITEM, IF YOU EVEN GET I BACK AT ALL-  AND YOUR MONEY BECAUSE EBAY LOVES TO STOKE ITS BUYERS~~~

Message 95 of 111
latest reply

It is an unjust place. I sold one camera to Isreal buyer simply said not as described eBay withdrew the money without returning my camera, my total lost was $800+. Someone really should open another platform, kickoff this unjustified place forever!
Message 96 of 111
latest reply

You are correct! I just got a negative comment on my perfect account by refunding a customer who threatened me with a neg comment because I wouldn’t give him a more expensive guitar for lessor money and called me on my personal phone threatening me I’m done with eBay going with craigslist offer up and let go or any other place you cant get screwed 

Message 97 of 111
latest reply

Ebay owns Craigslist now if you need to know.
I found that if you put a want add for seeking help for your business on Craigslist, they charge you for that add.
I seriously believe Ebay gets huge kickbacks from chines sellers.
Just look how many negative feedback's they all have and are still bumping and grinding away selling on Ebay.
Message 98 of 111
latest reply

offer up and letgo are two good ways to sell your items locally. also facebook has many local buy and sell sites for your location. i have been having very good luck with these and enjoy the face to face and the customer being able to inspect the item in real life before transaction is completed. no shipping, no seller fees,  no banks. the pace is slower, so i just post more items. there is no deadline on the sales so i just let them run until they go.  i have yet to sell an item without a pleasant encounter with the buyer.  i have had very good luck with craigs list as well.  although craigs list seems to have a reputation,  i have never had a problem selling used items there.  you do have to learn to ignor the "i will send you a checck and have my husband stop by to pick it up when he is in town" scam, but if you have half a brain, they are easy to spot. good selling to all junksters and kitchen table entrepeneurs.

Message 99 of 111
latest reply

last i heard, ebay owns about 10% of cragislist. not enough to make decisions.
Message 100 of 111
latest reply

Ebay doesn't protect anyone.  There are sellers out there with 99% positive feedback, but because their volume is so large, their scams slide under the radar.  Example:  I recently bought a $300 drone from la-la-land-shop (beware).  It was advertised as new, and the price was appropriate for a NEW item.  The first one I received was dirty, had an aftermarket replacement camera, and during the first flight, literally fell out of the sky and broke on the ground.  Took almost 3 weeks to get it replaced after returning the broken one.  The whole process was odd and the shipping label I had to use was from AMAZON!  I get the replacement and open the box to find another scuffed up drone and a controller with finger corrosion on the joysticks.  Frustrated, but whatever lets see if it works... Worked for a week then during flight it just took off at top speed out of nowhere.  Its lost.  The seller just keeps asking me to return it and doesnt seem to comprehend that it is lost due to malfunction.  He doesnt even know what a drone is.  He just drop ships from amazon's warehouse and gets away with this **bleep** all the time because nobody wants to deal with the headache of talking to this piece of **bleep**.  PROTECT BUYERS!  Seller protection is inherent to business!  Be smart and dont ship until you get paid, its not that hard.

Message 101 of 111
latest reply

I completely agree. I just decided to stop selling on eBay for good. They will loose thousand and thousands of dollars from me down the road. Good! I will buy on eBay, of course. No selling though. You only sale on eBay out of necessity. You feel like you are backed in a corner and have no choice. That's why I did the recent set of auctions. I've already been extorted by one buyer, had a return for reasons that are already in the item description. I think I will try to buy at Walmart and avoid even buying on eBay. But buying on here is too good to refuse.

Message 102 of 111
latest reply

This is completely true.  SELLING ON EBAY IS NOT WORTH IT! I recently sold an Iphone on ebay AS IS FOR PARTS NO RETURNS NO REFUNDS.  I listed what I had encountered as a defect with the Iphone.  The buyer asked many more questions before buying the Iphone and made the purchase.  THREE WEEKS later the buyer opened a return with ebay indicating "Not as described or nor working propertly."  Genius, the item was sold AS IS FOR PARTS NO RETURNS NO REFUNDS.  I have already explained in the description and answered the buyer's questions as to the extend of the defect.  The buyer put "return" under the comment section where you would explain what is not as described.  I contacted ebay the next day.  The rep told me that I had a solid case since my description was correct and my policy of AS IS FOR PARTS NO RETURN NO REFUNDS would be sufficient to win the case.  However, I had to wait 3 business day to have ebay step in and solve the matter.  The rep also told me that there is nothing I need to say to the buyer and told me not to contact the buyer since I had a "solid" case.  The buyer beat me to the punch and asked ebay to step in the SECOND the 3 business day were up.  He then added to the comment "refund" and did not explain at all what was not as described from my description.  I contacted ebay to appeal and they told me the same thing... "Don't worry.  Your case is solid and we will resolve the matter.  Don't do anything and wait for a response from us."  Just after midnight the next day ebay RULED ON THE BUYER'S FAVOR and asked the buyer to return the Iphone back! I was shocked!!! I contacted ebay immediately to appeal.  I asked the rep what is the buyer claiming is not as described.  The rep could not tell me.  According to the rep there are no notes from the buyer indicating the reason as to what was not as described.  The rep said that when the buyer calls the rep whom the buyer spoke to doesn't write notes on the case.  That is either a lie or ebay's system is completely flawed.  I was furious!  The rep then said that I should've communicated with the buyer to find out.  This way they can use the messages to come to a conclusion.  I told the rep that the first rep I spoke to told me not to communicate with the buyer since I had a "solid" case and I would win!  The rep then said that since there is no information to refute the buyer's claim,  they sided with the buyer for a FULL REFUND AND RETURN THE IPHONE BACK TO ME!  **bleep**!!! As of that day the buyer had not communicated with me at all.  On top of that they buyer is given 10 DAYS to ship the item back.  That's ridiculous since a normal return only gets 5 DAYS.  The buyer then waited until the 9th day to get a shipping label via ebay.  I waited for the item to show as in transit with the USPS.  On the 11th day there was no indication that the buyer shipped the item.  I took this opportunity and called ebay.  I demanded ebay close the case in my favor since there was no indication that the item was shipped.  Ebay had no choice but to close the case in my favor with NO REFUND to the buyer.  It was obvious that this buyer is a SCAMMER who was trying to either get a partial refund or return a different Iphone.  I didn't give in and fought all the way to win this case.  After all the scammers who opened fraudulent cases against me and won, this was my breaking point with ebay.  I am DONE selling anything on ebay.  I had over 30 items for sale and took them all down.  I will be going to Mercari to sell my items from now on.  Ebay has lost its ways of protecting sellers.  It's a buyer's world with Ebay and the buyer will always win no matter what! I have over 300 POSITIVE feedbacks with ebay and resolved every issue that I ever had with a buyer.  When a seller has an AS IS FOR PARTS NO REFUNDS NO RETURNS item sold, that should be the end of that sale once the buyer makes the purchase.  For Ebay to side with the buyer to return the item for a FULL REFUND, ASSES THE SELLER FINAL VALUE FEES, CHARGE THE SELLER RETURN SHIPPING COST AND HAVE A NEGATIVE STRIKE AGAINST THE SELLER...... that shows that sellers have ABSOLUTELY no protection under any of ebay's policies and protections.  I suggest EVERYONE who reads this to get away from Ebay and find other selling platforms.  Ebay is only looking out for Ebay.... Not anyone else.

Message 103 of 111
latest reply

****UPDATE**** . The buyer went ahead and still sent a package back to me and opened a DISPUTE WITH PAYPAL!!! The audacity!!!  On top of that the package sent was a small yellow 5'x7' bubble envelope that is COMPLETELY EMPTY!!! When I sold the Iphone I sent it with the original box!!! The postage shows a 4 ounces weight when the phone alone is at least 8 ounces.  RIDICULOUS!!! Even if a buyer looses on Ebay, they can still open a false claim with PayPal.  DOUBLE DIPPING!!! The buyer gets two bites at the apple (no pun intended) to get their money back.  After calling PayPal twice and submitting my evidence, they closed the PayPal claim in my favor.  But the kicker is that the buyer can escalate the claim and re-open the PayPal false claim once again.  SELLER BEWARE.... DON'T USE EBAY OR PAYPAL ANYMORE... You will eventually end up with one of these buyers and go through frustrating times.  This has been a roller coster of madness for me.  I am done selling on Ebay and I will no longer use PayPal for selling.  Not worth the hassle. Good luck to all good sellers.

Message 104 of 111
latest reply

I explicitly said I don't accept refunds, yet here comes a buyer who can say whatever they want about what they receive and eBay says I have to refund it?  **bleep**?

And another buyer won an auction but didn't pay.  There is no consequence and they won't even allow us to leave negative feedback about buyers, yet buyers can leave as much negative feedback about sellers?  Where is that fair?  

This site sucks.  I can't believe the time I put into posting merchandise here.  What a waste.  Craigslist, here I come!

Message 105 of 111
latest reply