cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sad!! No traffic means NO sales!!! Please Help!!

Hi,

I am a part-time seller turning full time seller after losing my job. I am having problems get more buyers to view my items. All advice is welcome and greatly apreciated. P-L-E-A-S-E  H-E-L-P  M-E!!! Thank you.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Sad!! No traffic means NO sales!!! Please Help!!

Hello 

I looked at your listings and the issues that stuck out at me were the coat hangers. The prices you are asking seem steep to me.  Lots of folks that sell on here (including myself) get clothes hangers at the thrift stores for cheap. I got a package of 10 for $1.99. Just a suggestion is to maybe lower the prices.   

I noticed that you don't have a store with the amount of items you have it would be wise to open a store.  That way you can list up to a certain amount with no listing fees until the item sells then you pay a FVF.  The FVF's are different for all the different categories. 

I have a premium store so I would advise you to do that.  You will save on listing fees plus you can use Mark Down Manager to put stuff

Opening a store would give you a place to "park" your stuff until it sells. 

Go here   http://stores.ebay.com/

and follow the links from there.  It will describe the costs of each store level. 

I would also run more auctions given the amount of items you have listed I would have about 200 auctions. 

Thats all I have. 

I hope some other more experienced sellers come here to give you more suggestions. 

Continuous bargains found in my store.
"GREEN $$$$$$$$$$$ to all
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I think you need to add a few different items.  On the whole I see many hangers and slippers/flip flops and kids stuff too.  Nothing wrong with that but you might want to consider adding other things too.  '

The kitchen accessories are a little overpriced.  Most of what you're offering can be bought for about $5 less each in any discount store.  I like the grouping of them - that works because sometimes we want to pick up a group for a shower or something - so maybe you can take more festive pictures.  Maybe arrange them prettily with a little ribbon.  Not all, but I'd try it it.  

I think the key for you, if you want to rack up more sales is to

1. diversify a bit.  usually buyers will look through your items when they pay shipping, to add something so they can do a 2fer or a 3fer.   So you want to have different things to sell.  

2. lower your prices a little.  even the slippers are higher than I'd pay in Kohls or any other store.  And then there's shipping. 

3. Check to see what other sellers are getting for the same items.  I didn't but I wonder how you're coming up in the price + shipping search,  many buyers myself included when they're looking for a specific item will do a search based on the item and then defined by price and condition.  

I hope this helps.  It's rough out there.  You have to push it.  

liking--> Cat Mad & Robot Mad "grrrrrr" angry kitty + angry bodyguard

and his angry posse (look OUT!)--> Cat MadCat MadCat MadCat MadCat MadRobot MadSmiley MadCat MadCat MadWoman MadCat MadSmiley MadMan MadCat MadCat MadCat Mad

identifying with--> hallucinating and/or drunken woman-- Woman Frustrated
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

With all due respect, I don't agree about the store.  I think down the line it may be cost effective but right now, what with promotions and 50 free, you don't gain any leverage with a store.  YET.  And consider that you could sell under another name and get 50 more free.  You can have (I think) up to five names to sell under.  You'll be limited in how much, but it's worthwhile if you're looking to save money.

I'm sort of in the same boat myself.  When it's cost effective I will reopen my store but right now it's not.  For the catagories I sell in, the percentages do not vary sufficiently for me to justify paying 20 a month for a store.  I will not commit to the 15 a month for the basic store because it means if I decide to end my selling on ebay, I am still obligated to finish paying for the year.

I think when it comes to store fees, FVFs, percentages and promotions, you have to sit down and figure it out in dollars and cents.   

I always feel I WANT to open a store, but when I sit down and do the math, for the number of listings I have, PLUS the catagory it never adds up to worthwhile.  I wish it did because I used to have a store but now it doesn't.  Until it does I can't afford to add even one more cost to my selling because volume here isn't what it was and because my husband is out of work and I need to make as much as I can for the time being.  

and his angry posse (look OUT!)--> Cat MadCat MadCat MadCat MadCat MadRobot MadSmiley MadCat MadCat MadWoman MadCat MadSmiley MadMan MadCat MadCat MadCat Mad

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Hi,

Thank you for your response. I have never gone to the good will to get hangers. Wholesalers have pallets of hangers you can buy.  I can check my local goodwills for better priced hangers. Thank you for suggestion. As for the store, I am afraid of not selling enough to commit to store fees and fvf.  🙂 🙂

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

If you're sticking with the hangers, then get DIFFERENT kinds of hangers.  Move into different kinds of closet things, or store display things.  My point is you need to have more for someone to want to buy more.  If I buy hangers in bulk then either I'm a store or I'm redoing my closets.  Either way there are other items I could use besides hangers.  

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Hi,

Thank you for your response. When I listed my items, I look for other items and could not find a average price for them. No one had the item I was selling. Also, the fee calculator for Ebay isn't working properly. I need to know how much I have to pay in fees & profit for each item. Are the slippers at Khols the same name brand as the ones I sell? Sorry, I have never shopped at Khol's. Thank you for all your information.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Hello,

Smart auction is the key !! The foot fall can be increased by low price auctions. Alternatively, you can find some items which are don;t cost much and can use for just bring foot falls.

Hope it helps.

http://stores.ebay.com/INDIACRAFTSONLINE

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Thank you for the great info. I will try it out and see how it turns out.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply