cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music Box Mess

China customer finally paid $499.00 for music box after reporting a non payment  to resolution center.  She says the California address is a friends that out of town, so requested I ship to China address and she agreed to pay $50 additional for international. 

Her last email ****  The item must be send by USPS Priority mail,  Do not print the items Value and do not put it into the package.  I will pay extra 50 USD to you later...****** 

Not sure where to go from here?  Do I send an invoice thru PayPal for $50 shipping?  Should I send her money back and relist???I don’t feel comfortable about her changing from California address to China.  Any suggestions would be greatful.

Doris

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201105702341?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2649

"I'm in my own little world, but it's okay, they know me here!"

“You don't have to be crazy to hang out with me, I'll train you.”
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Music Box Mess

Do NOT send it. Sounds like a scam.

If you change the address you loose the Seller Protection. Tell her, "Sorry but I cannot ship to another address. eBay requires I ship to the address they give to me."

I would call eBay; they should be able to help.

I would send the money back and relist.
*******°°°°°°°*******°°°°°°°*******°°°°°°°********°°°°°°°°********°°°°°°°°
"In this hour of victory, we taste only defeat. I ask, why?...Think of my acts as you will. But do not doubt the reality: the Reclamation... has already begun. And we are hopeless to stop it."

Didact, Halo 4 ending
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Music Box Mess

Its very risky what your doing, imo, you can give her money back, but here is the catch, if she does not agree to cancel the sale, you have to pay ebay fee's no matter what and she can leave you bad feedback they wont remove, send to the paypal verified address only, you need to make sure ypou send it with signature and full insurance, ebay/paypal will not cover a sale over 250.00 and over with no signature, it must be signed for to have seller protection. If she claims she never recieved it or empty box, she will get her [YOUR] money and the item, you should only use eBay global for such high priced items. They will cover everything and you ship domesticly to them, its such wonderful program, less hastle and much more protection. Anyone buying in global shipping pays the entire amount upfront and you dont need to worrry about anything except wrapping and getting it to the shipping center in Earlanger Ky.

I honestly would not ship anywhere like she wants and "pay you later for extra shipping" are you kidding me? LOL NO WAY!! EVER!

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Music Box Mess

Thank you.  This just didn't seem right.  This episode seem to drag especially when she didn't contact me right away when she won the bid.  I will call ebay and let me know what is going on. 

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Music Box Mess

I talked to ebay and the lady recommended NOT to ship to China.  Ebay said to contact buyer and tell her I cannot ship item  to China and will refund the $499 that she paid to my PayPal account.    Ebay  will credit my $50 FV fee manually.   Ebay also said that if buyer sends negative feedback, to contact them again.

So....   this is my message to China buyer....

Hello,  since the address is not verified with ebay and  PayPal, we will not be protected under the ebay Money Back Guarantee so I will not be able to ship to China.   So sorry. ---

So I will try again and relist.   I want to thank all of you who responded to my issue.

Doris

txkitty99

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Music Box Mess

stick close to that plan, contat ebay every step to make sure its taken care of, I know it sucks to lose that sale, but in reality you most likely would have lost the item and the money, so now you are better equiped to handle such a high dollar sale, let ebay global shipping do it for you, that wayn its insured and all paid up front.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Music Box Mess

You can only ship to the address in Paypal to keep your Seller Protection.

This is getting very sketchey.

Tell her you can only send to the US address.

The $50 has to be in your pocket BEFORE you even think about sending elsewhere. And you would be losing Seller Protection. And Paypal could still refund for non-delivery or something.

Frankly, I would not ship. I would refund any money paid, put the bidder on my Blocked Bidder List and take any negs that might come my way.

You can't leave a neg for a buyer, but you can Respond to any feedback left for you. "Demanded shipment to China." would cover it.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Music Box Mess

Update: 6/25/14 Chinese buyer sent message directly to my email  that she made $50 shipping payment and also attached  7 step by step photos of  how she wanted the item packed and wanted me to declare $80 USD on the item.    I checked my PayPal account and her payment information.    The Seller guarantee was “Partial” and the address was US Non verified.

I sent refunds on payments with comment…..

” I cannot send to China.  Ebay advises your address in unconfirmed and receipt of item is not guaranteed.   Sorry for the inconvenience.”  

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Music Box Mess

First and foremost, that's a federal crime to declare merchandise at anything other than its true value, plus what if you had to make a claim, 80.00 vs- 500.00? smells fishier with everything she writes! wow this is a scamming for sure!

The fines and penalty's for lies to customs in different countries? I don't even want to go there! and she has this down to a science you're not the first!!

RUN..as fast as you can get out of it! Smiley Mad

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Music Box Mess

She has her refund and I will wait a while before I relist.   I want to thank everyone for helping me with this issue.  Doris

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Music Box Mess

why wait? just block her ebay ID in your preferences, this is business not friends, get your item back up for sale!  get back in the sadle!! 🙂

make sure to get your ebay fees! onward!!

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Music Box Mess

Update and conclusion -  I relisted the music box for an amount and Make Offer.   A music box company from California  made me an offer and I took it.   Things worked out after all.   I thank everyone for their advise and expertise!!!!

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Music Box Mess

♥☆¨*:•Isn't it amazing what people of good will can Un-Accomplish when they work together!..•:*¨¨*☆♥

——————————————o00o——°(_)°——o00o————————————————

Message 13 of 13
latest reply