cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer opened case of item not as described.

Last week I had a buyer return a Michael Kors purse because "it didn't look as big as it did in the picture". I was fine with this because I do have a 30 day return policy. However, I do have rules, such as if you return an item damaged, then you do not receive a refund. I will however send the item back. When I received the purse the MK lock was damaged, not scratched, damaged. It is unsellable. As this was my first return I called ebay to see what I was supposed to do. Two different reps told me that due to my policy I was not to issue this girl a refund. I was to let her know that because it was damaged she would not receive a refund and then not to have any further contact with her. I asked should I open a damaged item case. They said no...let her open the case, do not respond for two days and then escalate the case. Well, she filed a case of item as not described. I provided pictures with a tape measure proving it matched the dimensions, I pointed out in the listing that the size clearly said medium, and I pointed out that I let all of my buyers know that I use the super macro setting on my camera so they would clearly see every detail. Then I pointed out my return policy, as well as the fact that she left me great feedback and 5 stars on item as described. She won...how is that even possible???? I appealed and 3 minutes (not kidding) lost the appeal. I called ebay and was they could supercede my return policy. Are they serious??? I made them sit there while I read 2 chapters on e-commerce law to them and all they could say was well we can take the item as not described strike off and refund your fvf's. What the heck do I do about this nonsense?

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

I just need to say that scared the **bleep** out of me. I saw the title and thought someone opened a case against ME! 😞

Gah. Pls be careful with wording of titles, group!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you're part of the 99%, you're automatically a part of Occupy.
Message 2 of 25
latest reply

I am so sorry, I totally understand how you feel. Keep calling everyday until someone helps you, also read the seller protection clause extensivly and find someone who will help you, seems like you can file a claim but Im so unsure, I hope someone with better advice answers to help you. Its so frustrating to be ripped off by anyone, it makes you feel helpless to find out you are on your own when you thought you were protected. Unless you can get someone who will help you, its going to be a totoal loss, you can also sue that buyer in small claims court. There are more than 1 consumer advocate type websites that might be able to help.

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

omg! it did me too!! haha

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

Scared me too! My heart is still pounding! I'm not even sure why I'm getting this email... ???

Sorry about what happened!
Message 5 of 25
latest reply

Oh Boy!  this scared me too!   Sales are sooooo slow and bills are coming due.   I almost had a heart attach.

How can we opt out of getting notifications when someone posts to groups or forums?  We can easily go to these

forums and groups to see what is being posted.  

So sorry that someone opened a case against you.    2 weeks ago this guy buys brand new jeans and says it was damaged

and refused to send me pics.  He returned the jeans and I checked them inch by inch, found no damage so re-listed it.  Need to

call Ebay about this guy!

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

Be sure to put buyers like that on your blocked buyers list too!

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

I already did.  He needs to be reported to Ebay.  I am going to call Ebay.

FYI he bought a brand new levi's jeans if you  want to block him too.

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

hahahah, I thought the same thing...lol

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

If you have a return policy and buyer purchases through eBay Uk it is an uphill battle. eBay UK is obliged to give refund.

If sale is through US then seriously consider going to cort. Be sure you  have pix on original auction of area without damage. eBay rules: purchaser and seller are entering a contract.

I had a simular issue with a buyer (sale through UK - delivered to US) on a $750 gold Omega watch. It was returned damaged and I was in process of filing a law suit when a mirical happened. eBay UK tells me to keep the returned damaged watch, and keep the buyers payment and then they give the buyer a full refund??? Catastrophe avoided, their actions completely disarmed the situation

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

I agree court is the best answer

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

Well the buyer of my brand new levi's jeans left me a negative for not refunding his return shipping and Ebay said there is

nothing they can do about it even though I told them there was nothing wrong with the jeans and I have re-listed it.  He would not

even send me pics of the damage.  We work so hard to please buyers and then Ebay lets them get away with this kind of stuff.

This just disgusts me.

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

Thanks for the advice. I have a hard time finding this forum sometimes, so sorry for the delay. I was told to file for the free $50 insurance. Turns out she already filed for it so I'm out $255 and she gets an extra $50
Message 13 of 25
latest reply

Why would you think it was about you?
Message 14 of 25
latest reply

Mine was definitely damaged. And I provided pictures of the damage. The answer I got was they had to go with her word against mine. I have 227 positive feedback, she had 11 and one of them was from me! Oh...I didn't know emails got sent out when a question was asked. Sorry for the heart failures.
Message 15 of 25
latest reply