cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It looks like there's a problem with this listing.

Getting this error message, is anyone else getting it? Is eBay addressing it?

It looks like there's a problem with this listing. System temporarily unavailable, please try listing again.

Well, I have tried 3 times already. This is such a waste of precious time. 

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If you are willing to risk it:  click out and the system may automatically save it to drafts.  I have done this, and it worked.

There's something glitchy in the eBay system sometimes--like listings that mysteriously disappear during bulk re-lists.  Had one of those this week and still haven't figured out which item is gone.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

This happens to me occasionally.  Generally there will be a red asterisk next to whatever the problem is on the listing form.  Failing that, I save to drafts, wait a few minutes, and then try again--unless there is a red asterisk that I've missed, this works.

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

It is not allowing me to save anything. I was just updated the listing and it will not let me update.

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

If you are willing to risk it:  click out and the system may automatically save it to drafts.  I have done this, and it worked.

There's something glitchy in the eBay system sometimes--like listings that mysteriously disappear during bulk re-lists.  Had one of those this week and still haven't figured out which item is gone.

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

unfortunately, I had to reboot and start over on my listing. It appears to be working now. Thank you
Message 5 of 25
latest reply

That makes an awful start to the day!  Hope the rest of your weekend is much better.

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

I got the "Listing Error" "System temporarily unvailable, please try listing again." message about 10 times last night when I tried to submit revisions to my listing after taking pictures via mobile device.  Eventually it saved.

Today, I spend 30 minutes taking pictures and am getting the same error message after about 30 tries over the last 20 minutes.  It hasn't saved yet.  Not happy with eBay!!

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

same here, revising a listing and get the error, nothing wrong with it, was up for a while, just trying to revise the price. 2 days now and it won't let me
Message 8 of 25
latest reply

Same here! I've tried to edit the same 2 fixed price listings, via bulk editor OR individually several times for the past day. Will. Not. Update. I get this message, in bright red type:

• System temporarily unavailable, please try listing again.
Message 9 of 25
latest reply

I've had the same problem on a couple of listings.  It won't let me change the quantity.  Eventuallly the item sells out and then it won't let me add more units.

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

I have been having this problem for days! Ebay says they are fixing it...I have called 3 times and still nothing!

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

When saving after editing... this is what I'm getting: "It looks like there's a problem with this listing. System temporarily unavailable, please try listing again." About 2 out of 6 did update. Otherwise, the edit does not save therefore losing all edit changes. Ugh.
Message 12 of 25
latest reply

FYI, "saving to draft" isn't really "solved"!
Saving to draft is a workaround option, that MAY get your listing edited/saved/listed, for a programming glitch/issue thats still not fixed.

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

I have received this same message for three days in a row now. I have never seen a red asterik next to anything. The help button on the right side didn't have any solutions to this problem. Very Frustrating....Help!
Message 14 of 25
latest reply

Exactly what has been happening to me. However, it does not appear on every listing. This is very frustrating and I have not found a solution to the problem yet. Not only is it frustrating but it is a waste of my time.
Message 15 of 25
latest reply